Can a brotha get a little help?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I'm pretty internet savvy, and I usually know how to operate these message boards...but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send out that automated thank you PM for a rep. You know, the one that generates the rep exchange and then you can add your own words? I get them a lot, but I can't find where you send one from.

I feel like AllieBaba over here :lol:

I'm pretty internet savvy, and I usually know how to operate these message boards...but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send out that automated thank you PM for a rep. You know, the one that generates the rep exchange and then you can add your own words? I get them a lot, but I can't find where you send one from.

Make sure you have your settings to recieve rep by pm, so when you get a rep, you can just hit "reply" to thank that person, such as myself, for repping you!

Go Here Under "Options"

Reputation PM notificationYou can receive a PM whenever someone adds to your reputation.
Receive PM notification

Don't worry, you're welcome. I don't like getting thank you PMs for rep anyway. (Unless the thanker has something particularly witty or interesting to say.) It clogs up my inbox.

Last edited:

Make sure you have your settings to recieve rep by pm, so when you get a rep, you can just hit "reply" to thank that person, such as myself, for repping you!

Shit, that's probably it. I don't get notified by PM about reps. I guess it's off.

Thanks EZ. I'll go change it, and then you and several other posters should rep me to see if it's working.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Don't worry, you're welcome. I don't like getting thank you PMs for rep anyway. (Unless the thanker has something particularly witty or interesting to say.) It clogs up my inbox.

So you don't want my witty bon mot's anymore Cherie? :(

So you don't want my witty bon mot's anymore Cherie? :(
Oh stop!! You know I enjoy your PMs even more than I enjoy watching Alli Baba do her clown act.
It's the formulaic perfunctory thanks yous I'd rather not get. I know people are just trying to be polite (or maybe score some more rep) but it's more a distraction than anything else.

I have to spread rep around first, EZ.

Shit, now Bones is going to know I've repped someone recently.

I can't just "spread some around" like I'm horny with a case of herpes. M'fers need to EARN that shit!

I'll get back to y'all...:D

That's mighty presumptuous of you to think it was YOU who prompted this thread, Ang. how do you know I didn't just get several reps from other posters here? Without that pic, I generally forget you're even still around these days :D

I can't just "spread some around" like I'm horny with a case of herpes. M'fers need to EARN that shit!

Well, since Anguille and I were the only ones that responded to you.............just saying. :eusa_whistle:

I expect a witty retort with my rep also Paulie!

That's mighty presumptuous of you to think it was YOU who prompted this thread, Ang. how do you know I didn't just get several reps from other posters here? Without that pic, I generally forget you're even still around these days :D
Paulie, nobody reps you anymore. Just me and Echo cuz we're nice that way. We don't mind that you are the boards biggest skinflint when it comes to returning rep.

Well, since Anguille and I were the only ones that responded to you.............just saying. :eusa_whistle:

Hey, I looked it up and was going to respond, but y'all had it covered. Any input from me would have been extraneous.

So it stands to reason there were other willing to help. You guys were just quicker on the draw than the rest of us.

Paulie, nobody reps you anymore. Just me and Echo cuz we're nice that way. We don't mind that you are the boards biggest skinflint when it comes to returning rep.
Lol, the noobs do :lol:

They keep me in business.

I better get one also. I expect flowers and chocolates too. My rep is classy stuff.

Hey, I looked it up and was going to respond, but y'all had it covered. Any input from me would have been extraneous.

So it stands to reason there were other willing to help. You guys were just quicker on the draw than the rest of us.
You deserve rep from Paulie for your good intentions.

Lol, the noobs do :lol:

They keep me in business.

Question:

Is one a noob only based on time on the board, or do reps factor in? When does one become an ... "old"? :eusa_eh:

That is a good question,,,,maybe you should start a thead on that, for all 4 of us on here tonight! :lol:

My exciting Friday night was vegetarian burritos at MOE'S and back to school shopping!

Next up, laying on the couch reading my book!

Wooo Hoooo!

I pledge to be a better repper.

I'll expand my criteria beyond humor or libertarian advocacy, too.

Ang, you have to wait for some spreadage as well. So yes, I do "owe" you some rep. Look out for it in the coming days.

night ladies.

Forum List

Back