Camping!!!! Ten days and counting...

sweet_creek_2.jpg

Sweet Creek by Mapleton. 2.5 miles, 11 waterfalls.

Some guy wandering around the place we'll be camping. Ultimately, getting lost, lol. He managed to miss the water, which is really hard to do. Not sure how he did that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfpFZjZz1do]YouTube - ‪Me Getting Lost in the Dunes‬‏[/ame]

Darlingtonia (bug eating pitcher plants)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvaFnOMNKNg]YouTube - ‪Meat Eating Carnivorous Plants Darlingtonia Wayside Florence Oregon‬‏[/ame]

I know all of these views well. But who the hell writes that sort of music? They need to come talk to me. They're almost as suspect as the peole who listen to it...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_Moa_7mLqQ&NR=1]YouTube - ‪Oregon Coast, "Florence Oregon", Beaches, Wilderness Tour, Lakes, Rivers, Scenes‬‏[/ame]

Why for the love of my second cousin, would anyone ever, ever go into a big, foggy, windy, current-y, lily-pad choked body of water in a tiny, tiny, tippy canoe???

The first part of this vid horrifies me!

The little deer at the end is cute, but by then I've already died a thousand times in my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeOx5TUZHcI&feature=related]YouTube - ‪Canoeing around Siltcoos Lake‬‏[/ame]

Now I have to figure out where we'll camp for the family reunion on the coast in August. Might do Sutton....but haven't ruled out Harbor Vista yet. Harbor Vista is cool cuz you just walk down the road to the north jetty (instead of trekking across the dunes or driving a coupla miles). It's pretty tame in the campground, but there are some tremendous views, and it's awfully handy to town....

FlorenceCam1.jpg

Camp shower:

This looks doable...and I'll bet it's fun for the kids.

umbrella.gif

Before you go camping, purchase an umbrella with a blunt tip and two shower curtains that you can't see through. Then go to a hardware store and buy a chemical type sprayer. It has to be unused, of course. This is the type of can that you pump, which forces spray through a hose. Get yourself a long rope for the outside shower as well.
When you are camping, find a nice shower area that is on low ground and away from your camping supplies and tent. Throw one end of the rope over a sturdy branch and secure it. Tie one end to your umbrella handle so the umbrella is hanging upside down. Open the umbrella and begin hooking the shower curtains on the tips of the umbrella. Once you are done, you will have an upside down umbrella with one or two shower curtains attached all the way around it.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Raise your new shower high enough for you to fit under it. Now hose yourself down with the sprayer, soap up and rinse. You won't believe how amazing it will feel to get the camping dirt off of you![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For a different twist on the same shower, omit the sprayer to lighten your gear. Poke holes in the umbrella with an ice pick. When the umbrella shower is raised, pour water inside the umbrella. [/FONT]​
How to Make a Camp Shower

That's insane! What the hell!

What is that even called?? I had no idea that people attached tents to the sides of cliffs and hung out..I always thought the purpose of rock climbing is to get to the top, not hang out in the most dangerous spot!

What the hell do they do if they have to poop?????? Or, for women, pee??? We can't just aim it out the tent....

That's insane! What the hell!

What is that even called?? I had no idea that people attached tents to the sides of cliffs and hung out..I always thought the purpose of rock climbing is to get to the top, not hang out in the most dangerous spot!

What the hell do they do if they have to poop?????? Or, for women, pee??? We can't just aim it out the tent....

:lol:

This time next week I'll be kicking back next to a fire, in the dunes, near the beach, on a lake......

Allie, You almost sound human in this thread and here I thought all wingnuts only got their jollies out of castigating liberals, democrats and progressives? ;)

We haven't camped since the boys married, I loved it, especially the NE and the Canadian provinces, I keep telling my wife we will sleep in the back of the crossover this summer - she says not.

Allie, You almost sound human in this thread and here I thought all wingnuts only got their jollies out of castigating liberals, democrats and progressives? ;)

We haven't camped since the boys married, I loved it, especially the NE and the Canadian provinces, I keep telling my wife we will sleep in the back of the crossover this summer - she says not.

So her idea of camping is a hotel room without room service........ :lol:

We're leaving the day after the day after tomorrow! Almost there!

And this morning I realized..why on earth didn't I get luggage and bike racks put on the Exploder? Why didn't I even think of it before 7 a.m. this morning?

My 27 y.o. nephew is also coming with us, i'm so glad! He is studying for his GRT right now and was ambiguous about the trip but I really nagged him and finally he caved. It will be nice for both my sons to have another grown guy around, so they can all be manly and stuff, and not be outnumbered by the females and children.

Sheesh it looks like it even has picture windows.

I priced canvas, walled tents...I'd really like to get one eventually. I have a friend who has one, he sets it up during elk camp and it's like a house. They have a stove in it, the whole shebang.

I thought, hell ya, I'd like one of those..then I priced them. ahem. Maybe not.

Forum List

Back