Campbell's Going to JAIL!!

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
AFter endless motions and diversions, the trial is FINALLY over for former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell. He's been found guilty of tax evasion, and is on his way to jail. He's been dodging it for years with an endless stream of petty motions meant to prolong the trial. After finally getting a conviction, he filed a motion to continue bail pending appeal, and Judge Rick Story (who is in my Sunday school class) denied it, saying that an appeal is unlikely to lead to a different verdict. All I can say is, it's about time. Campbell is a disgrace to Atlanta mayors office.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82871

Hobbit said:
AFter endless motions and diversions, the trial is FINALLY over for former Atlanta mayor Bill Campbell. He's been found guilty of tax evasion, and is on his way to jail. He's been dodging it for years with an endless stream of petty motions meant to prolong the trial. After finally getting a conviction, he filed a motion to continue bail pending appeal, and Judge Rick Story (who is in my Sunday school class) denied it, saying that an appeal is unlikely to lead to a different verdict. All I can say is, it's about time. Campbell is a disgrace to Atlanta mayors office.

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82871
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!

A corrupt southern Democrat? NAW :gay:

Too bad he was found not guilty of bribery or racketeering.
The bribes I can understand, but not paying his taxes? I thought he was a democrat! :rotflmao:

theHawk said:
A corrupt southern Democrat? NAW :gay:

Too bad he was found not guilty of bribery or racketeering.
The bribes I can understand, but not paying his taxes? I thought he was a democrat! :rotflmao:

It's kinda funny. He knew he couldn't report racketeering and accepted bribes on his taxes or he'd get caught. However, not putting on his taxes meant tax evasion. It's the same way they got Al Capone.

Forum List

Back