Campbell Soup to close South Plainfield plant, lay off workers

did you read why campbells is closing the plants?

people are not buying their soups.

Yeah because of the high cost of them and the economy right now is OBAMA fault. It is called inflation!!!
Gas prices are up so they pass the cost on to the consumers.. Obama wont drill here so we have less gas to process. This is OBAMA fault. GO BACK UP HIS ASS ALREADY Tired of arguing with moron like you!

I am surprised you have not blamed Bush yet for this too .. Because we all know you blame Bush for everything. I heard Obama got a zit the other day. That was Bushs fault as well

People lose their jobs and all you can think to do is to protect your "Dear Leader" from any political harm? This isn't North Korea you dumbass.
It was originally posted in the political forums, so what do YOU think the intent of the OP was?
I didn't know that but I see Obama wasn't mentioned in the OP so why run to his defense? :confused:

Intent of the OP? I can't read minds but I DO BELIEVE she was just posting a story about job losses in California and the poor economy in general.

Yeah because of the high cost of them and the economy right now is OBAMA fault. It is called inflation!!!

The inflation rate is 1.7%, down from the most recent high of 4.1% in 2008.

Current Inflation Rates | Monthly and Yearly Chart, Graph and Table: 2002-2012 Data - US Inflation Calculator

Gas prices are up so they pass the cost on to the consumers..

Yes, gas prices are high and, yes, that's passed on to the consumer. However, I'd like to see evidence that it's the President's fault and not the fault of speculators in the market.

Obama wont drill here so we have less gas to process.

Obama won't drill here? Do tell! The oil patch is booming like it hasn't done in 40 years, the number of rigs working is at a 50 year high, we've become a net EXPORTER of petroleum products, so much natural gas has been found that it's almost not worth taking it out of the ground, deep sea drilling is back in business and the FOB oil terminal in Cushing, OK can't hold any more.

This is OBAMA fault.

Only to the purposely blind.

I didn't know that but I see Obama wasn't mentioned in the OP so why run to his defense? :confused:

Intent of the OP? I can't read minds but I DO BELIEVE she was just posting a story about job losses in California and the poor economy in general.

I simply took a page from the George Bush foreign policy book and made a pre-emptive strike. :D

you sure seem happy about these jobs being gone
Darn right! The company's keeps its workforce --that's 19,900 employees-- and by saving $30 million per year by moving 727 workers out of plants in high tax states over to fill vacancies at the good plants.

What's not to like?

you sure seem happy about these jobs being gone
Darn right! The company's keeps its workforce --that's 19,900 employees-- and by saving $30 million per year by moving 727 workers out of plants in high tax states over to fill vacancies at the good plants.

What's not to like?

Beat me to it....well said.
The economy sucks...when demand contracts - companies have to react.
Since 2008, I have had the stomach crushing, sleep depriving job of laying off about 1/3 of the staff. Articles like these never talk about the reality of the situation - and reality bites.
Like expat says - the other 98% are keeping their jobs while the company makes hard decisions to maintain necessary profits to keep the company as healthy as they can.

obama_soup.jpg

When Americans stopped buying GM cars the government stepped in, why don't that with Csmpbells?

Yes why not let Barry pick which of the 10,000 that go bust each year ought to be saved. After the USSR and Solyndra and Bridges to
Nowhere you've got to believe they would be good at it!!

A man with other people's money will always invest better than a man with his own hard earned money. This is liberal gospel!!

Awesome! CS is already toxic, having it made in China will increase the likelihood of more poisons being put into it.

In an email, Comcast regional vice president Andrew Johnson said the cable company "arrived at this decision after thoughtfully and methodically studying the market and our potential options. We determined that the high cost of doing business in California makes it difficult to run cost-effective call centers in Northern California."

Read more here: Comcast to close call centers in California, cutting 300 Sacramento jobs - Our Region - The Sacramento Bee

Good job, California liberals. The policies you've enacted are driving business out of the state, and Californians lose their jobs.

Forum List

Back