Campaign Finance Reform

Cal

Since 2010™
Jan 4, 2010
Right behind you!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHykDEElIjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Cenk is right. Why can't we, as liberals, conservatives, and moderates come together for Campaign Finance Reform? With our voices working together, we could get politicians to work for us versus their corporate donors. The time for Campaign Finance Reform is right now.

Discuss.

I thought we already had campaign finance deform.

How does continued failure exist as evidence that the goobers in the District of Criminals should have even more power?

So you like corporations being able to spend unlimited amounts of $, anonymously? Here I thought we all wanted more transparency, more for the people governance. Guess I was wrong. Any conservatives support reforming the way campaigns are funded? Or do they like politicians who cater to special intrest? This should be a bi-partisan issue.

I thought we already had campaign finance deform.

How does continued failure exist as evidence that the goobers in the District of Criminals should have even more power?

So you like corporations being able to spend unlimited amounts of $, anonymously? Here I thought we all wanted more transparency, more for the people governance. Guess I was wrong. Any conservatives support reforming the way campaigns are funded? Or do they like politicians who cater to special intrest? This should be a bi-partisan issue.
Nice brigade of strawmen.

We were already told that the last campaign deform bill was going to solve all the problems of "dirty money" in campaigns, and probably get rid of unsightly panty lines to boot....Yet here we are a couple of years later, with all the same tired old complaints.

And somehow or another, campaign finance Nirvana is just one more reform away...again. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHykDEElIjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Cenk is right. Why can't we, as liberals, conservatives, and moderates come together for Campaign Finance Reform? With our voices working together, we could get politicians to work for us versus their corporate donors. The time for Campaign Finance Reform is right now.

Discuss.

while you are clearly a well informed patriot, I doubt your partisan brethren in either party will oblige.

WHY? Because the barriers to entry are all that keep the two parties in power.

Corporations have limits on donations to candidates.

..but they don't have limits on how much $ they can put behind a group with a deceitful name such as "Americans for prosperity" to run attack ads, or pro-candidate ads. Corporations aren't people - get em outta politics. They're ruining our democracy.

..but they don't have limits on how much $ they can put behind a group with a deceitful name such as "Americans for prosperity" to run attack ads, or pro-candidate ads. Corporations aren't people - get em outta politics. They're ruining our democracy.
waaaaawaaaawaaaaa

I guess you failed to notice that the vast bulk of 527s support leftist causes and issues, huh?

Ain't that 1st Amendment thingy just a bitch?

Democracy = less free speech?

Forum List

Back