Campaign Basics for a Politically Correct Society

Here you go, gunny:
Yesterday, though, the equally fringe, radical and hateful (at least) Rev. John Hagee -- a white evangelical who is the pastor of a sprawling "mega-church" in Texas -- enthusiastically endorsed John McCain. Did McCain have to jump through the same hoops which Russert and others set up for Obama and "denounce" Hagee's extremism and "reject" his support? No; quite the opposite. McCain said he was "very honored" to receive this endorsement and, when asked about some of Hagee's more twisted views, responded: "all I can tell you is that I am very proud to have Pastor John Hagee's support."

I'm a Religious Lunatic, and I Play One on TV

In contrast, Obama has denounced numerous Farrakhan statements and did not seek Farrakhan's support.

That isn't evidence and you know it. Hagee's say-so? Puh-lease.

It's not only evidence, it's uncontradicted evidence. If Farrakhan had said Obama sought his support, and Obama failed to deny it, wouldn't that satisfy you?

Show me where McCain contradicted Hagee's claim.

Here you go, gunny:

In contrast, Obama has denounced numerous Farrakhan statements and did not seek Farrakhan's support.

I am not arguing what McCain said in response to Hagee's endorsement. I'm saying that claiming McCain "sought" his endorsement is spin.

Just like trying to compare Obama's endorsement from Wright with McCain's endorsement from Hagee. Clearly a BIG difference.

Considering that during the origial "MIllion Man March" days in the mid-90's Farrakhan urged black voters to vote for black candidates just because they are black, his endorsement comes as no surprise.

But I'm not claim Obama sought out his endorsement, nor agrees verbatim with each and evey belief of those who do endorse him.

My question on the topic, period, has been since Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years, which of Wright's ideals DOES Obama agree with? I find it a relevant question and all I've seen so far for answers is deflections, counterattacks, dengenerated threads, trying to twist McCain's endorsements from conservative religious leaders as the same thing and personal pissing contests.

Until that question is answered, it remains and I will continue to ask it and continue to point out the bullshit responses, and continue to point out the double standard by which some liberals judge one and not the other.

I am not arguing what McCain said in response to Hagee's endorsement. I'm saying that claiming McCain "sought" his endorsement is spin.

Just like trying to compare Obama's endorsement from Wright with McCain's endorsement from Hagee. Clearly a BIG difference.

Considering that during the origial "MIllion Man March" days in the mid-90's Farrakhan urged black voters to vote for black candidates just because they are black, his endorsement comes as no surprise.

But I'm not claim Obama sought out his endorsement, nor agrees verbatim with each and evey belief of those who do endorse him.

My question on the topic, period, has been since Wright was Obama's pastor for 20 years, which of Wright's ideals DOES Obama agree with? I find it a relevant question and all I've seen so far for answers is deflections, counterattacks, dengenerated threads, trying to twist McCain's endorsements from conservative religious leaders as the same thing and personal pissing contests.

Until that question is answered, it remains and I will continue to ask it and continue to point out the bullshit responses, and continue to point out the double standard by which some liberals judge one and not the other.

How is it SPIN if Hagee said so?

Is Hagee a liar? Does he have reason to lie on this issue?

Just because he's nuts, doesn't mean he's a liar.... at least not on THIS issue. (which is all we're talking about. He may well prevaricate on other issues).

I think he's a lot more credible on this issue than McCain who has reason to lie about it. That isn't spin -- it's a credibility judgment.

There's more:
McCain Courted Hagee for at Least a Year
By Frederick Clarkson
Fri Feb 29, 2008

Media Matters for America wonders whether MSNBC will cover controversial televangelist John Hagee's endorsement of John McCain as much as it did Louis Farrakhan's endorsement of Barack Obama? That's a good question. If they do, they might want to look into a number of things: Such as how McCain didn't just get the Hagee endorsement out of the blue. Unlike Farrakhan's unsought endorsement of Obama, McCain courted Hagee for more than a year.

McCain and Gingrich Court Christians United for Israel
By Richard Bartholomew
Sat Jul 21, 2007

[N]ow Hagee has had the satisfaction of seeing John McCain come as a suppliant for votes at the Washington conference of Christians United for Israel, . . .

Puleeze... how do you even say stuff like that with a straight face when your prsidential candidate sought out the endorsement of a lunatic who said Hurricane Katrina happened because of a gay pride parade in NOLA.

now THAT'S freaking nuts.... :cuckoo:

Dean is about as big a kook as they come. Well, second to Al, aka "Moonbeam" Gore, whose "Global Warming" campaign is now a global laughing stock in the wake of this past season's biggest change in overall global average temps in all recorded history.....down...

As far as I know, most people to the right of me aren't insane enough to think that Katrina happened b/c NOLA was going to have a gay pride parade. ;)

But as far as "sought"

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003728364

I figure the good reverend's nuts, but I haven't seen evidence of his being a liar yet.

So the delusional reverend is a good source of information if it makes John McCain look bad. But if he had said, I gave Johnny my endorsement and begged him to take it, he'd be derided for the drooling mass of pus that he is?

Forum List

Back