Campaign Basics for a Politically Correct Society

Dogger

Apr 16, 2008
Dixie
Rule No. 1: Don't get photographed speaking to Nazis

You would think a candiate for Congress wouldn't need this advice. And you would be wrong.

Republican Tony Zirkle, who is seeking the nomination for the Indiana 2nd Congressional District, spoke to a neo-Nazi gathering celebrating the birth of Adolf Hitler (that's April 20, in case you forgot to send a card). To their credit, local Republican party officials have expressed their disgust with Zirkle, and the front-running candidate for the nomination has refused to debate Zirkle, for fear of legitimizing his candidacy.

Here's Zirkle in action: Jumbo photo here!
zirkle-speaks-at-nazi-event.jpg

Notice the banner across the front of the table? It's just like a kid's birthday, except the guest of honor is 119 years old, universally reviled, and dead.

Fringe GOP candidate spends Hitler's birthday with neo-Nazis

I don't want to cast aspersions on all Republicans or conservatives, but they should be on notice. If you find some nutcase or asshole liberal acting like a dipshit, and insinuate that the moron reflects upon all liberals, I'll be pointing you back to Republican Congressional candidate Tony Zirkle.

You would think a candiate for Congress wouldn't need this advice. And you would be wrong.

Republican Tony Zirkle, who is seeking the nomination for the Indiana 2nd Congressional District, spoke to a neo-Nazi gathering celebrating the birth of Adolf Hitler (that's April 20, in case you forgot to send a card). To their credit, local Republican party officials have expressed their disgust with Zirkle, and the front-running candidate for the nomination has refused to debate Zirkle, for fear of legitimizing his candidacy.

Notice the banner across the front of the table? It's just like a kid's birthday, except the guest of honor is 119 years old, universally reviled, and dead.

I don't want to cast aspersions on all Republicans or conservatives, but they should be on notice. If you find some nutcase or asshole liberal acting like a dipshit, and insinuate that the moron reflects upon all liberals, I'll be pointing you back to Republican Congressional candidate Tony Zirkle.

And I will be reminding you of a certain Congressman from New Orleans that thinks bribing people is part of his power AS an already elected and REELECTED Congressman. And to the Democrats NON credit, they rallied round him, tried to promote him and defended him.

I was laughing at the comments but then I thought there have been times I met people who seemed on the surface normal, friendly, well adjusted, and then off the wall they tell me their particular hate. Humans are weird people.

And I will be reminding you of a certain Congressman from New Orleans that thinks bribing people is part of his power AS an already elected and REELECTED Congressman. And to the Democrats NON credit, they rallied round him, tried to promote him and defended him.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. There's hyprocrisy on both sides (Rick Renzi). One corrupt individual wipes away the entire systemic organized fraud of the K Street Project and the Tom Delay/Jack Abramoff crime syndicate.

No one tried to promote Jefferson. Indeed, Democrats removed him from the tax committee and the Ways and Means Committee, both of them bribe magnets.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. There's hyprocrisy on both sides (Rick Renzi). One corrupt individual wipes away the entire systemic organized fraud of the K Street Project and the Tom Delay/Jack Abramoff crime syndicate.

No one tried to promote Jefferson. Indeed, Democrats removed him from the tax committee and the Ways and Means Committee, both of them bribe magnets.

I suggest you recheck your facts Pelosi DID in fact want to promote him.

I'd suggest you clean your own house before you start putting people "on notice." it's every bit as dirty as any other you want to point a finger at.

Nazi's are dirtbags. This guy's a dirtbag. I'm just glad he has freedom of speech and chose to exercise it so everyone would know what a dirtbag he is.

Besides being a dirtbag, he's obviously not all that bright.

Quite frankly both sides have their kooks. The problem I have with the libs is that the kooks run your party, instead of being a "fringe" candidate.

Quite frankly both sides have their kooks. The problem I have with the libs is that the kooks run your party, instead of being a "fringe" candidate.

Puleeze... how do you even say stuff like that with a straight face when your prsidential candidate sought out the endorsement of a lunatic who said Hurricane Katrina happened because of a gay pride parade in NOLA.

now THAT'S freaking nuts.... :cuckoo:

Puleeze... how do you even say stuff like that with a straight face when your prsidential candidate sought out the endorsement of a lunatic who said Hurricane Katrina happened because of a gay pride parade in NOLA.

Practice!!!!!! :rofl:

And here's my Dogger impersonation

Link please.

It's easy to say with a straight face. He's a politician and financial campaigns must be financed.

Which specific lunatic would this be? That could be anyone to the right of you.:rolleyes: And you can produce some evidence that McCain "sought out" this person's endorsement?

Or is it that McCain meremly accepted his endorsement?

It's easy to say with a straight face. He's a politician and financial campaigns must be financed.

Which specific lunatic would this be? That could be anyone to the right of you.:rolleyes: And you can produce some evidence that McCain "sought out" this person's endorsement?

Or is it that McCain meremly accepted his endorsement?

As far as I know, most people to the right of me aren't insane enough to think that Katrina happened b/c NOLA was going to have a gay pride parade. ;)

But as far as "sought"

In an interview that will appear in this Sunday's New York Times Magazine, controversial televangelist Rev. John Hagee declares, "It's true that [John] McCain's campaign sought my endorsement."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003728364

I figure the good reverend's nuts, but I haven't seen evidence of his being a liar yet.

You need proof that McCain sought Hagee's endorsement? I akways back my stuff up. He says it to idiots who make blind assertions that are off the wall.

but if you want to waste my time...

pfffffffffffffft....

I do. I want to see a evidence that McCain sought out Hagee's endorsement because that's a new one on me. As much as you have tried to make of Hagee endorsing McCain, it still amounts to McCain accepting political backing in an election and nothing more.

Or do we want to go the Farrakhan endorsed Obama route? Did Obama seek that endorsement out? Does this mean Obama embraces the ideals a ranting, black racist?

See, THAT is correlation. The twisting to try and spin McCain accepting a religious organization's endorsement with Obama's pastor of 20 years is not.

Forum List

Back