Cameron Diaz and Chairman Mao

onedomino

SCE to AUX
Sep 14, 2004
Beyond the insult to Peru, how completely out of it must someone be to sport a Mao handbag? Imagine wearing as fashion the favorite phrase of a mass murderer who killed millions of his own people?

"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You aint gonna make it with anyone anyhow." - John Lennon

Diaz Apologizes for Maoist Bag

complete article: http://news.originalsignal.com/article/374931/cameron-diaz-apologizes-for-maoist-bag.html

LIMA, Peru (June 25) -- Cameron Diaz apologized Sunday for carrying a bag with a political slogan that evoked painful memories in Peru.

The voice of Princess Fiona in the animated "Shrek" films visited the Incan city of Machu Picchu in Peru's Andes on Friday carrying an olive green bag emblazoned with a red star and the words "Serve the People" printed in Chinese, perhaps Chinese Communist leader Mao Zedong's most famous political slogan.

diazMOSsplit230607_468x461.jpg
CHARNY.TAB4.GIF

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/CHARNY.CHAP.HTM

She's already apologized. It's a non-issue.

"I sincerely apologise to anyone I may have inadvertently offended," Diaz said in a statement. "The bag was a purchase I made as a tourist in China and I did not realize the potentially hurtful nature of the slogan printed on it."

Beyond the insult to Peru, how completely out of it must someone be to sport a Mao handbag? Imagine wearing as fashion the favorite phrase of a mass murderer who killed millions of his own people?

"But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You aint gonna make it with anyone anyhow." - John Lennon

diazMOSsplit230607_468x461.jpg
CHARNY.TAB4.GIF

http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/CHARNY.CHAP.HTM

But yet you want us to kill more civilians in Iraq. Your outrage over deaths is selective and hypocritical.

She's already apologized. It's a non-issue.
Not an issue? Did you not read the opening line of my post: "Beyond the insult to Peru?" Everyone knows she apologized to the Peruvians regarding the Shining Path terrorists. That was obviously not the point of my post. My question was: how can anyone not completely out of it wear as fashion the favorite saying of a mass murderer, regardless of where she is?

Not an issue? Did you not read the opening line of my post: "Beyond the insult to Peru?" Everyone knows she apologized to the Peruvians regarding the Shining Path terrorists. That was obviously not the point of my post. My question was: how can anyone not completely out of it wear as fashion the favorite saying of a mass murderer, regarless of where she is?

Look, I know that you think you found a great nugget on the internet, showing a crazed, communist-loving hollywood actor.

But, I'm afraid this was just a dumb mistake, by a dumb actress. She's a dumb hollywood actor who bought a bag in china that she thought looked cool, and she didn't realize the historical context of the slogan. And when she was told, she apologized.

This is a faux paus anyone could make. Do you thing Cameran Diaz is a history buff?

Look, I know that you think you found a great nugget on the internet, showing a crazed, communist-loving hollywood actor.

But, I'm afraid this was just a dumb mistake, by a dumb actress. She's a dumb hollywood actor who bought a bag in china that she thought looked cool, and she didn't realize the historical context of the slogan. And when she was told, she apologized.

This is a faux paus anyone could make. Do you thing Cameran Diaz is a history buff?
Anyone could make that mistake? One must be a "history buff" to be aware of Mao? How can anyone even marginally educated be completely unaware of Mao in China? Even if that were true, she wears as fashion the red star of Communist China? Oh, perhaps she did not know what the red star signified. If she did not know about Mao, and she did not know the meaning of the red star, then she is beyond uneducated.

Anyone could make that mistake? One must be a "history buff" to be aware of Mao? How can anyone even marginally educated be completely unaware of Mao in China? Even if that were true, she wears as fashion the red star of Communist China? Oh, perhaps she did not know what the red star signified. If she did not know about Mao, and she did not know the meaning of the red star, then she is beyond uneducated.

Try to look at it from a different perspective and see if it makes sense. “Hell, yes I know what the red star symbolizes. No. I’m not going to apologize. I like communism and if you don’t like it, then it is just too bad.”

No. I don’t buy it. Diaz is a wealthy Hollywood actress who liked the way that the bad looked and did not realize the strong significance of the red star or the statement on the bag. Anyway, Diaz is not the president of the United States. I consider the whole story as significant as letting people know that I had a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch. Big freaking deal.

Diaz is a wealthy Hollywood actress who liked the way that the bad looked and did not realize the strong significance of the red star or the statement on the bag.
Glad you could read her mind. If she did not realize the significance of the bag, after buying it in China, then she is indeed dense.

Glad you could read her mind. If she did not realize the significance of the bag, after buying it in China, then she is indeed dense.

Could you read her mind and conclude that she knew the message that she was carrying? Yes. I think that Diaz is dense.

Even if Diaz is a devout Communist and insults people in Peru, who the hell cares? I guess that someone likes the Tabloids.

Even if Diaz is a devout Communist and insults people in Peru, who the hell cares? I guess that someone likes the Tabloids.
Right. You can tell from the post that started this thread I read tabloids. That's were I got the statistics on how many people were murdered in China during Mao's reign.

Right. You can tell from the post that started this thread I read tabloids. That's were I got the statistics on how many people were murdered in China during Mao's reign.

So you watch entertainment news among other things. As I say, big freaking deal. Diaz is just a Hollywood actress. The story is nothing but tabloid trash. For you to make such a big deal of it is telling. Now go find something on her friend Drew Barrymore.

So you watch entertainment news among other things. As I say, big freaking deal. Diaz is just a Hollywood actress. The story is nothing but tabloid trash. For you to make such a big deal of it is telling. Now go find something on her friend Drew Barrymore.

Actually the proliferation of items of clothing or accessories that have become popular, that champion the 'oppressed' by carrying likenesses or quotes that are detrimental to the West are a warning that the least aware are most likely to spread their ignorance. This was just a case on point.

Jesus Christ, you made a mountain out of a mole hill, got busted, and now you're madly spinning.

It's a stupid bag, bought by a stupid actress when she toured china. There's no picture of chairman mao on it. I myself wouldn't have associated those words with mao, until somebody pointed it out. It was a stupid mistake by a stupid actress. You're trying desparately to see things that aren't there.

Look, I know you spent a lot of time making that post, with the graphics and all. And you "thought" you had busted a "communist loving" hollywood actress. I'm sorry you wasted all that time, over nothing. Just deal with it.

Jesus Christ, you made a mountain out of a mole hill, got busted, and now you're madly spinning.

It's a stupid bag, bought by a stupid actress when she toured china. There's no picture of chairman mao on it. I myself wouldn't have associated those words with mao, until somebody pointed it out. It was a stupid mistake by a stupid actress. You're trying desparately to see things that aren't there.

Look, I know you spent a lot of time making that post, with the graphics and all. And you "thought" you had busted a "communist loving" hollywood actress. I'm sorry you wasted all that time, over nothing. Just deal with it.
Baloney. You have zero idea what I thought. Actually, I thought it was in the same league as the nitwits who wear Che Guevara t-shirts, only worse. But Depp is just another dumb actor, right?

johnnydeppche1.jpeg
deppy.jpg

Johnny Depp

Forum List

Back