Camera strapped on the back of an Eagle

yeah, how is this poor eagle gonna get this damn thing off his back?????????????

If you watched the vid you would have seen the guys right there as it passed overhead..and when it began to land, it was right near him....so I am presuming it is a tame eagle and the camera was removed afterwards.
Beautiful. Thanks for posting it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5sbpVerIvI]Angry ram strikes again, smashes motorcycle & gopro camera, all caught on RAMCAM - YouTube[/ame]

yeah, how is this poor eagle gonna get this damn thing off his back?????????????

Trained eagle

Biodegradable straps (or glue)

Fake Video

I vote for #1

There was a special on birds this evening on TV. Someone had attached similar cameras to several migrating geese and captured video from all the cameras. At least one camera either had pan/tilt capability because there were several segments of the video that were taken looking off the goose's right wing at other geese flying beside him. Most other scenes were straight over the head like the eagle video. I kept looking to see some footage of another goose with a camera, but the camerageese must have been widely separated or never happened to fly in front of one another.

I've heard that transponders glued to diving seals are often attached with time-release adhesives so they eventually fall off and float to the surface.

The eagle camera (and the goose cameras) had to have been retrieved in order to capture the video files. I'm relatively sure the signals were NOT being transmitted live to a receiver...the signals were just too good for that. High quality transmissions would have taken such heavy equipment and batteries that the birds could not have flown.

Forum List

Back