Cambridge University criticised for hosting anti-feminist group

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Cambridge University criticised for hosting anti-feminist group

The University of Cambridge has been criticised for hosting a self-proclaimed anti-feminist group that staff claim have harassed female academics and make people feel unsafe on campus.

A letter, written by more than 300 of the university staff, students and alumni, calls for an event featuring the political party Justice for Men and Boys (J4MB) to be cancelled.

But the university said it would not stop the event, in line with its commitment to freedom of speech. Hundreds of staff and students said it is not about free speech but that the event goes against the institution’s values and mission. They argued staff have previously engaged in harassment of university members – claims deny.

I noticed this story today. The complainants are obviously upset about this but do not offer up much evidence in support of their petition.

I checked out their website and it seems a bit nutty but not particularly toxic.
Justice for Men & Boys

They have links to another anti feminist group called Network4Men
A resource for men - meet, befriend, learn act

This is a group where you can meet "like minded men" to basically bitch about women.

And they quote Jordan Peterson on their site quite a lot. They sound like a group of rather sad individuals who want to improve their life chances by denying rights to women.

I can find only three of their beliefs that I can buy into. Pension and retirement ages should be standardised , both parties in a rape case should remain anonymous and estranged fathers should have protected visitation rights.

The rest of it is risible. Men arent victims.

Good for Cambridge for not bowing to the politically correct snowflake bullies who want to shut down free speech if the speech doesn't confirm to their rigid ideological worldview.

Forum List

Back