Cambridge-Analytica harvested Facebook data illegally

Gee, who to believe. Them, or my lying eyes.

Cambridge Analytica responds to false allegations in the media

C94C6FDB-16B9-49F8-A1C3-2BEE7EEB3E98.jpeg

Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons” – Report

EARLIER: Cambridge Analytica, the data firm backed by Donald Trump supporter Robert Mercer and once steered by former Trump advisor Steve Bannon, obtained personal information from 50 million Facebook users without permission. That data then was used to target voters and influence the 2016 election, according to two in-depth reports.

--------------------------

If the Trump's stiff workers and steal from children with cancer, it's obviously no surprise. These grifters will do anything.

I just don't understand why anyone would support him?

5316-1512240752-fff65a95378d8270162f32e91c66f642.jpg

As the song says “There’s no limit to the depths you can sink to”.

In 1992, when Donald J. Trump walked away from his first bankruptcy with $40 million in his pockets while his small investors lost everything, I knew this was a man of no character and morals.

While his business practices have anyways been legal but just morally questionable. His practice of bullying small contractors to accept less after the work makes my blood boil. I worked in large scale construction finance and law and I know how it works. This verges on fraud.

Subtrades basically do the work on faith they will be paid. They buy the materials and do the labour. Honest contractors pay them when they get draws. Dishonest contractors jolly them along with partial payments. All of a contractors’ profit is in the final payment. The small company owner has shelled out money for supplies and labour, often borrowing from their banker to complete the project. Trump jollies them along as they fall deeper into debt completing his project. When they present their final bill, it’s too much, the work, which passed inspection and code isn’t “to acceptable standards”. The subtrades is forced to sue, but he’s in debt and really needs the money so he settles for less - a lot less.

Trump has ruined a lot of smaller subtrades with this crap. This is how he built his billions. By using his wealth to bully others.

Trump-Linked Cambridge Analytica Stole Data From 50M Facebook Users And “Targeted Their Inner Demons” – Report

EARLIER: Cambridge Analytica, the data firm backed by Donald Trump supporter Robert Mercer and once steered by former Trump advisor Steve Bannon, obtained personal information from 50 million Facebook users without permission. That data then was used to target voters and influence the 2016 election, according to two in-depth reports.

If the Trump's stiff workers and steal from children with cancer, it's obviously no surprise. These grifters will do anything.

A data mining company allegedly used Facebook to distort users’ reality
Prior to that election, campaigns spread their focus among Facebook, Twitter and traditional media outlets, she said. But in 2012, three things became clear:

• People were spending more of their online time on Facebook than anywhere else.
  • It reached a broader demographic than its competitors.
  • Ads could be targeted more effectively on Facebook than on other platforms.
The Obama campaign that year was able to aim advertisements and messages at voters based on gender, location and existing political beliefs.

"We showed people what it could look like," said Olin, who ran Obama's Facebook pages during the campaign. "From there, people realized they could use paid advertising to reach voters in a targeted way. I feel some guilt over any potential part I might have played in that."
YOUR FAUX OUTRAGE IS SHOWING AGAIN......

In 1992, when Donald J. Trump walked away from his first bankruptcy with $40 million in his pockets while his small investors lost everything, I knew this was a man of no character and morals.

While his business practices have anyways been legal but just morally questionable. His practice of bullying small contractors to accept less after the work makes my blood boil. I worked in large scale construction finance and law and I know how it works. This verges on fraud.

Subtrades basically do the work on faith they will be paid. They buy the materials and do the labour. Honest contractors pay them when they get draws. Dishonest contractors jolly them along with partial payments. All of a contractors’ profit is in the final payment. The small company owner has shelled out money for supplies and labour, often borrowing from their banker to complete the project. Trump jollies them along as they fall deeper into debt completing his project. When they present their final bill, it’s too much, the work, which passed inspection and code isn’t “to acceptable standards”. The subtrades is forced to sue, but he’s in debt and really needs the money so he settles for less - a lot less.

Trump has ruined a lot of smaller subtrades with this crap. This is how he built his billions. By using his wealth to bully others.

Donald Trump has never declared bankruptcy liar.

During that time Donald J Trump was a Democrat and you lickspittle liberal lapdogs didn't say shit about it. What changed, you fucking hypocrites?

I think what Cambridge Analytica has done here is chilling, but we only seem to be outraged because it is political targeting instead of the normal sell-me-a-pair-of-shoes ad targeting. At least it seems that way to me.
I don't know what kind of "personal information" was on FB for C.A. to take, but I think the important take away here is, there are a lot of people out there who want to manipulate us. So be smart. Don't let them. Think for yourself.

Now he has an entire political party to help him out.

5345-1516509465-2a92ebd7b1d486abbd10af47d1591ed4.jpg

And why do they help? Because for them, it's about race and not about the country.

Now he has an entire political party to help him out.

5345-1516509465-2a92ebd7b1d486abbd10af47d1591ed4.jpg

And why do they help? Because for them, it's about race and not about the country.
Only 47% of those that didn't vote for Romney aren't getting a tax break.. Are you one of those DippityDoDean?

You just took mental midgetry to a new low.

I think what Cambridge Analytica has done here is chilling, but we only seem to be outraged because it is political targeting instead of the normal sell-me-a-pair-of-shoes ad targeting. At least it seems that way to me.
I don't know what kind of "personal information" was on FB for C.A. to take, but I think the important take away here is, there are a lot of people out there who want to manipulate us. So be smart. Don't let them. Think for yourself.

Yikes, was it just as chilling when Obama did it?

:cryhug_1_:Mueller help Mueller hurry...:auiqs.jpg:
What a pansy...what a snowflake...what a buffoon...Mueller help us whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! help us Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!:laughing0301:
Mueller we need you....:icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry::icon_cry:...:cuckoo:

"Wow, did Trump steal DATA from more than 50 million Americans without our knowing?"

CBS: Trump campaign hardly used Facebook data at heart of Cambridge Analytica scandal

'Between this and the fact that Team Obama pulled the same data-harvesting trick in 2012, with quiet acquiescence by the liberals in charge of Facebook, it’s going to be hard for Democrats to turn the Cambridge Analytica scandal into a Trump scandal.'

Swing and a miss, snowflake.... :p

They also had non-American citizens working for the Trump campaign, which is illegal.

This could be the Russian link Mueller is after.
I seriously doubt there is such a thing as THE link, just one link. Russian officials coordinated their efforts with the Trump campaign and most likely communicated through multiple channels.

Russian Diplomat: We Had 'Contacts' with Trump Campaign During Election

In fact the above article has a Russian official saying that several people from the Trump campaign were in contact with them.
so again, are you saying any communication with a foreign government is illegal during a campaign?

Yep, and it would appear that finally - Facebook grew a spine.
Facebook suspends Cambridge Analytica, a firm used by the Trump campaign, for misuse of data

And BTW, Mueller is on 'em like a cheap suit - the Russia intermediary? Bet on it!
Cambridge Analytica, the shady data firm that might be a key Trump-Russia link, explained

Time to throw the Mercer family in prison.

Between conspiring with a foreign adversary to money laundering to Obstruction of Justice....Mueller has a whole litany if charges he could bring against the crime family.

Yep, this baby is going well into summer .. every time Bob scrapes up a new bad actor it opens up an entirely new can of worms!
200w.webp

They also had non-American citizens working for the Trump campaign, which is illegal.

This could be the Russian link Mueller is after.
I seriously doubt there is such a thing as THE link, just one link. Russian officials coordinated their efforts with the Trump campaign and most likely communicated through multiple channels.

Russian Diplomat: We Had 'Contacts' with Trump Campaign During Election

In fact the above article has a Russian official saying that several people from the Trump campaign were in contact with them.

so again, are you saying any communication with a foreign government is illegal during a campaign?

Idiot-gram ^^^ Straw Man subset.

Yep, and it would appear that finally - Facebook grew a spine.
Facebook suspends Cambridge Analytica, a firm used by the Trump campaign, for misuse of data

And BTW, Mueller is on 'em like a cheap suit - the Russia intermediary? Bet on it!
Cambridge Analytica, the shady data firm that might be a key Trump-Russia link, explained

Time to throw the Mercer family in prison.

Between conspiring with a foreign adversary to money laundering to Obstruction of Justice....Mueller has a whole litany if charges he could bring against the crime family.

You really think he will go after the Clinton crime family? Whatever dude.

Off topic idiot-gram ^^^

New Topics

Forum List

Back