Cam Newton Loses a Big Endorsement Deal Over His Sexist Comments

• Banned
The PC Police Are Freaking Out:

Option A: Cam Newton is sexist--->destroy a black man's career

Option B: Cam Is Innocent--->Support Sexism

the guy seemed stoned out of his mind with that shit eating grin...

like WOW a woman commenting about running routes, that's just so far out, maaaan...

:cuckoo:

I knew it was going to be something innocuous before I opened the link.
I just one time want to hear someone say something worth firing them for.
"Awww bitch....puhleeze...the only route you should be concerned with is da route to da stove!...yo ass should be home makin encheelahdas"
You know...something good. Then I could partially stomach all of the "harumph harumph...why I have NEVER!" bullshit.

As the question concluded, Newton laughed and said, "It's funny to hear a female talk about routes." Newton grinned and said "it's funny” again, before answering the question.

:afro: wow far out, maaan

The comment did not seem to be malicious; rather, Newton seemed to actually find the idea of a female reporter asking about football Xs and Os funny.

The comment drew the criticism of many around the NFL world.

Cam Newton is under fire for his response to a female reporter's question about the Panthers receivers

And Jourdan does her job well. Like, extremely well. Cam's comment was uncalled for. Jourdan Rodrigue on Twitter

— Joe Person (@josephperson) October 4, 2017
What frustrates me about Cam Newton's comments: He's not joking around with friends, he's being condescending to a reporter doing her job

— Katherine Terrell (@Kat_Terrell) October 4, 2017
"It's funny to hear a female talk about routes." What an embarrassing statement from Cam around 6:50 mark Panthers Home

— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) October 4, 2017
Come on, dude. It's 2017. Bridget Condon on Twitter

— Richard Deitsch (@richarddeitsch) October 4, 2017
Shoutout to @JourdanRodrigue for acting like a true professional, even when others around you aren't. Jonathan Jones on Twitter

— Jenny Vrentas (@JennyVrentas) October 4, 2017
Rodrigue responded:

I don't think it's "funny" to be a female and talk about routes. I think it's my job.

— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) October 4, 2017
Rodrigue also seemed to say via Twitter that she spoke to Newton about the comment and that he was unapologetic.

I spoke with him after and it was worse. I chose not to share, because I have an actual job to do today and one he will not keep me from.

— Jourdan Rodrigue (@JourdanRodrigue) October 4, 2017
Rodrigue commented on the matter to The Charlotte Observer's Scott Fowler, saying:

"This afternoon, I did my job as an NFL beat writer and asked Cam Newton a question about one of his receivers. I was dismayed by his response, which not only belittled me but countless other women before me and beside me who work in similar jobs. I sought Mr. Newton out as he left the locker room a few minutes later. He did not apologize for his comments."

"Awww bitch....puhleeze...the only route you should be concerned with is da route to da stove!...yo ass should be home makin encheelahdas"
You know...something good. Then I could partially stomach all of the "harumph harumph...why I have NEVER!" bullshit.
While what he said probably wasn't the smartest thing.....and perhaps a bit sexist...yanking the endorsement seems like an overreaction to me.

While what he said probably wasn't the smartest thing.....and perhaps a bit sexist...yanking the endorsement seems like an overreaction to me.
I wouldn't want a douchebag like that representing my brand. I don't see the problem with what happened. I'm actually glad he is facing some kind of reaction after acting that way.

You are correct Joe. This time, as with every time, a company jumps through its asshole to separate itself from anything which could remotely be interpreted as offensive.
I dont eat yogurt...they have it in the chow hall all the time and I dont eat the shit. You know who eats it? Fat asses who cant pass their PT test...and females. Mostly females. That's why he got canned.

I wouldn't want a douchebag like that representing my brand. I don't see the problem with what happened. I'm actually glad he is facing some kind of reaction after acting that way.
Whatever...much ado about nothing.

More importantly, did Cam stand for the national anthem?

More importantly, did Cam stand for the national anthem?

he stands but he does this weird thing with his hands. Wait...THAT RYHMES! i'm a fucking poet!
Cam%20Ron%20main%20art%20for%20superstitions%20story

img[

Men! If a "woman" makes a scene with you in public or plays games, just ignore her. She wants your attention much more than you want hers.

Cam Newton has better stats through 5 games than he did in his 2015 MVP season. and he does the dab dance to boot!

DL-Ei1QXUAIDxTx.jpg

He dresses like a pimp. how did you expect him to talk.
Surprised he had any endorsement deals to begin with

the Panthers are gonna slay the Eagles tonight. Christian McCaffrey is a stud!

Forum List

Back