Calls For Olmert Administration Ouster

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1154525873714&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

2. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,776
    Amazing how I warned you guys Israel would get its ass kicked, and you neocons scoffed at me. Israel accomplished nothing, Syria/Iran are still shipping in the weapons and the propaganda is being spun at an all time high. Israel lost because they, like us, are unwilling to do what is necessary to win this war.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I do believe that is what the article was about. Now, for me the lesson is that leadership matters...

4. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669

Which should be a lesson learned worldwide against terrorism. We can't beat them with one hand tied behind our backs........Spy on them, infiltrate them, profile them, kill them, and use every weapon and tactic we have till we're done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :thup: Bonnie, are we the most violent on the board regarding the war, outside those who wish to turn countries to glass? :confused:

6. Told you So

Told you So Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The only thing Olmert did wrong with lebanon is: he didnt hit hard enough, fast enough. What happened to the days when war meant killing as many people on the other side as possible? Now countries are afraid to accidentally kill a few civilians b/c the media will gobble it up.

Ground troops were never needed, Israel took more precautions to help civilians than any other country does. (1) they airdropped leaflets (written in arabic) telling everyone south of the LiTani river to get north of it quick. (2) they broadcast warnings all over Lebanese radio stations (spoken in Arabic) for multiple days. (3) they randomely called people in towns that were at risk of being invaded and told the people to leave and spread the word of Israel's invasion.

After these 3 things, theres nothing else that should have been done to help civilians- if they didnt get out by then, it was officially their problem... Israel should have not used ground troops, and should have used their airforce to take out all of souther lebanon - I mean all of it. And then threatened the LEbanese army to get control of the Hezbollah fighters in the North or else ISrael would bomb the North as well. Every road that connects Lebanon to Syria should have been blasted to oblivion.

If this were done, then Israel wouldnt have been bombarded by kytusha rockets every single day of the war, and many people's lives, homes and businesses from to Kyat-Shmona to Haifa, would be saved.

7. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    Israel didnt get their ass kicked. So I am still scoffing at you.

I am guessing this prime minister wont last. Giving self defense over to the UN is just ridiculous. The war isnt over just because they said "Peace" its so stupid.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I'm sorry, but I believe you are wrong. Israel should have loosed their ground troops early and decisivel y. The air campaign was not suppressing the Katusha rockets, not too mention the longer range. The air could take out the launchers, but the ground troops would have stopped the attacks to begin with.

9. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    The article posted above inappropriately blames the Olmert Admin for the debacle in Lebanon. Hizbollah has had six years to develop military positions that would surely take any military more than one month to destroy. Contrary to the article posted above, we do not have Israel to thank for the harmful UNSC "cease-fire" resolution. Rather, we can thank the French and the Bush Administration for caving in to anti-Israeli international pressure as they supported a resolution that did not even mention Iran as the principle engine of the conflict. Iran knows that the Republicans are running scared and cannot afford another conflict before election day. It realizes that it can do almost whatever it wants without military reprocussions from the Bush Admin. For example, it can fund and weaponize psychos in Iraq and pay no price. It can supply missiles to homocide bombers in southern Labanon and pay no price. Iran can defy international efforts to curb its nuke program and pay no price. If there is a winner in the Israeli-Hizbollah stand-off it is Iran. It is rumored that 5000 French troops will command the UN "Forces" in southern Lebanon. Well now we can all sleep soundly. Perhaps the French will protect Jews better than they did in the 1940s. Why did the Bush Admin announce that no US troops would be available for disarming Hizbollah before the resolution was even passed? Obviously that position strengthened anti-Israel forces in the UN and helped to defeat a UNSC cease-fire resolution that identified Iran and Syria as sponsors of the conflict. Why did the Bush Admin play its cards before the hand was even dealt? Has Iraq crippled the Bush Admin's ability to appropriately react to Iranian provocations?

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    Gee Im starting to wonder, I have always considered myself a peaceful person, I don't even kill bugs, I put them in a plastic cup and throw them outside,.... at the same time I have zero compassion for those that would blow up innocent men, women, and children simply because they are pissed off at their own shitty circumstances in life, and are stupid enough to listen to radical, evil, megalomaniacs, and if it comes down to me or them, I would kill in a blink.