Callous: Obama refers to murdered Americans in Libya as ‘bumps in the road’

No he didn't

Conservatives having problems with the English language again

I loath Obama, and his handling of foreign policy with regard to the Muslim world has been disastrous. But this piece takes him out of context. Obama was not reducing the loss of American lives in Libya to "bumps in the road". He was talking about the inevitable troubles along the path from authoritarianism to democracy in the so-called Arab Spring. It wasn't his intent to diminish the cost of blood and treasure.

Last edited:
Actually, after viewing the entire 60 Minutes interview, I see that Obama's "bumps-in-the-road" comment, as well as other comments, in the fuller context comes off as clumsy and lazy, insensitive and clueless. This is very embarassing for him.

Last edited:
I was pretty certain there would be bumps in the road to middle east peace.

wow are you people fucking desperate to call that some kind of scandal.

People who spend their days watching FOX News and reading far right wing blogs are so uninformed, the op
is proof positive of that....

Hi can you post more than a link?
or you know an opinion...

Does her/his opinion matter that much to you?

Do you have an opinion of your own regarding the link?

I think it clearly shows Obama is not worried about Americans dying but more worried about how it affects his campaign.

I was pretty certain there would be bumps in the road to middle east peace.

wow are you people fucking desperate to call that some kind of scandal.

Wow, what an imbecile. You simply don't know what's going on. Truthmatters? LMAO! More at self-imposed ignorance. You need to change your handle.

This story is all over the news, even liberals in the media are now troubled by the president's demeanor in the 60 Minutes piece, his nonchalance, his apparent cluelessness. It's not just about the lazy, insensitive "bumps-in-the-road" comment; it's about other comments made in that very same piece. It's about the larger context, both in that piece and in the world beyond.

For example: The president says that Israel is just "one of our best allies in the region"?! What the?! The Israeli Prime Minister's concerns about the rhetoric of that Iranian lunatic and his nation's efforts to acquire nuclear weapons is just "background noise"? The president doesn't have time to meet with leaders in the region, but has time to appear on the View, have a little gabfest with those simpletons? This president doesn't grasp the importance of building personal relationships with world leaders. He never has.

This president is sending mixed and confused messages out to the world . . . or is it intentional? His treatment of Israel is outrageous. It's nothing short of contempt. Israel cannot stand by and let Iran acquire nuclear weapons. Obama is effectively giving Iran a green light.

This on top of what's going on in the Islamic world right now, the administration's attempts to conceal the nature of the assault on the Libyan consulate from the American people for nearly two weeks, it's on-going appeasement claptrap about a previously obscure video, all the while the leaders of the various Islamic nations in riot insisting that the United States' government must punish the maker of the film, prohibit the making of such films or be held responsible. The Saudi Arabian regime, also repeatedly threatened by Iran, now stands alone as the only sane player in the Islamic world, begging the president to stand up against extremism. The Libyan president, the fledgling Libyan regime, the vast majority of its people trying to face down extreme militias, left hanging.

The president hasn't even bothered to secure the Libyan consulate. CNN found the ambassador's diary there. LOL!

Obama declaring victory in the midst of chaos.

Obama's a dangerous fool.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back