Calling out "Mansplaining" and Misogyny!

How kind of you.

I usually assume they haven't been laid since the turn of the century.

Evidently, a man of sexual purity is worthy of derision in your mind. Double standard that.

Would a "man of sexual purity" use the following terms about women?

Sweetie, if you weren't such an ignorant twat,

You lose again twat...

you stupid twat

you lose ignorant twat

Equally abhorrent terms are used against men all the time.

Are you suggesting women should be treated differently?

I appreciate that, but I didn't demand it nor do I thrive on it. This entire thread is one whine about needing sympathy. And it appears to be targeted at one gender.

If I were the OP I would be embarrassed.

I went to the thread he/she referred to and it did seem pretty hostile at women.

But at any rate even though you didn't ask for support, I supported you in your stance about shutting off rep.

There is no reason you should be attacked for opting out of rep.

I wouldn't want to be faulted for showing empathy or care toward anyone who may have felt attacked and was clearly looking for support by making a thread.

I am sorry this thread rubbed you wrong. :smiliehug:

I read it some before and didn't get that take, but I will review it again. I saw the protagananist calling der "sweeite", so what?

It isn't the whole thread that rubbed me wrong, it was the premise and intention of the OP...who alleges to be male.

Sure, and of course you have a right to your opinion and are just sharing your perception of things.

I just don't think people are smart or dumb, better or worse because of gender.

So if the intent in using the term "sweetie" and referring to the person posting, "as a female" was to deduce a female is somehow less than, I can see how that in itself would be seen as offensive.

But I would say too that if someone was saying "sir" and then following up with how dumb the person was because it was presupposed they were a dumb man, I would also say I see why it's perceived as offensive.

At any rate, ducking out to let you and your friends go and on and on about it :lol:

I went to the thread he/she referred to and it did seem pretty hostile at women.

But at any rate even though you didn't ask for support, I supported you in your stance about shutting off rep.

There is no reason you should be attacked for opting out of rep.

I wouldn't want to be faulted for showing empathy or care toward anyone who may have felt attacked and was clearly looking for support by making a thread.

I am sorry this thread rubbed you wrong. :smiliehug:

I read it some before and didn't get that take, but I will review it again. I saw the protagananist calling der "sweeite", so what?

It isn't the whole thread that rubbed me wrong, it was the premise and intention of the OP...who alleges to be male.

Sure, and of course you have a right to your opinion and are just sharing your perception of things.

So if the intent in using the term "sweetie" and referring to the person posting, "as a female" was to deduce a female is somehow less than, I can see how that in itself would be seen as offensive.

But I would say too that if someone was saying "sir" and then following up with how dumb the person was because it was presupposed they were a dumb man, I would also say I see why it's perceived as offensive.

At any rate, ducking out to let you and your friends go and on and on about it :lol:

I've been called "sweetie" many times by woman on this board. Was that misogynistic?

I've been called "sweetie" many times by woman on this board. Was that misogynistic?

If they followed up with twat and insinuated that because you are just a sweet little female you have a lower intelligence and are a twat than it could be construed as misogynistic.

Didn't I already somewhat cover this?

Again if someone also, "Sir" but followed along with what a dumb inferior man who needs to grow some balls that would be an example of misandry.

Do you believe that some men and women are purposely condescending to other men or women based on the belief that their particular gender is inferior in intelligence or at the very least they take an opportunity to use gender as a cheap shot to be insulting?

If you do believe it then why is it hard to understand it in this instance?

:dunno: context and intention behind the statement, what is inferred

Last edited:

If they followed up with twat and insinuated that because you are just a sweet little female you have a lower intelligence and are a twat than it could be construed as misogynistic.

Again if someone also, "Sir" but followed along with what a dumb inferior man who needs to grow some balls that would be an example of misandry.

Do you believe that some men and women are purposely condescending to other men or women based on the belief that their particular gender is inferior in intelligence or at the very least they take an opportunity to use gender as a cheap shot to be insulting?

I didn't see that, got a post #?

I don't I am going by what Derideo_Te reported on good faith that it is true. If it is not true let me be first to acknowledge I was wrong. :)

So let's say it is true then does that change your opinion about him making this thread and if not what did it matter then?

When I read the thread I noticed the person who is being accused basically belittled the liberals and replied to the liberal posts in a sarcasm with terms like sweetie whether they were male or female.

I interpreted those replies to mean that somehow if you have a liberal view you might be considered a delicate little sweetie female as he also makes it clear to call the poster a she.

In that context it seems to me that somehow being a female sweetie is less then desirable it might even be insulting.

So from that I could see where it falls in a belittling misogynistic idea.

Now he doesn't have to use twat for me to view it that way, but the De guy said he did say twat to which makes it even worse if he did say it.

If you don't see it in the same context then we will just have to agree we see it differently.

I don't I am going by what Derideo_Te reported on good faith that it is true. If it is not true let me be first to acknowledge I was wrong. :)

So let's say it is true then does that change your opinion about him making this thread and if not what did it matter then?

When I read the thread I noticed the person who is being accused basically belittled the liberals and replied to the liberal posts in a sarcasm with terms like sweetie whether they were male or female.

I interpreted those replies to mean that somehow if you have a liberal view you might be considered a delicate little sweetie female as he also makes it clear to call the poster a she.

In that context it seems to me that somehow being a female sweetie is less then desirable it might even be insulting.

Now he doesn't have to use twat for me to view it that way, but the De guy said he did say twat to which makes it even worse if he did say it.

If you don't see it in the same context then we will just have to agree we see it differently.

"Sweetie" is not a gender specific term, I see it aimed at men and women frequently.

So I guess it comes down to the use of the word "twat". IMO it depends on the context. I don't think I saw it here, I think he was being boorish.

What makes you sure Derder would report "in good faith"?

Last edited:

"Sweetie" is not a gender specific term, I see it aimed at men and women frequently.

So I guess it comes down to the use of the word "twat". IMO it depends on the context. I don't think I saw it here, I think he was being boorish.

What makes you sure Derder would report "in good faith"?

Most of the time I give people the benefit of doubt.

The person using "sweetie" did refer to the poster as "she" making it feminine in intent.

But it's clear we disagree and that's fine.

Thanks for the discussion.

Yes, it was a learning experience. :) It took something that I only really had an intellectual grasp of and turned it into something much more real. My reaction was how dare anyone speak to women like this? It was literally jaw dropping. In real life I would probably have done something physical about it but in a virtual world that isn't feasible. So I opted for the next best thing that I could think of.

I pretty much ignore the rantings of posters who post such dribble. They do it because they can get away with it, probably henpecked at home and this is their only place where they can get even, with some other woman that had nothing to do with their not wearing the pants at home. I usually just consider the source, ignore and let them make idiots of themselves.

Drivel. The word is drivel.

Drivel Synonyms, Drivel Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

Hahahahaha

:lol::lol::lol:

Evidently, a man of sexual purity is worthy of derision in your mind. Double standard that.

Sweetie, if you weren't such an ignorant twat,

You lose again twat...

you stupid twat

you lose ignorant twat

Why don't you quote and link those equally abhorrent terms, mmmkay sweetie?

Alfalfa is one of the most vile little trolls this place has to offer. I find it sort of amusing he's posting here as if anybody (save drifter) really gives a crap what he thinks of women and how they should be treated.

Alfalfa is one of the most vile little trolls this place has to offer. I find it sort of amusing he's posting here as if anybody (save drifter) really gives a crap what he thinks of women and how they should be treated.

Okay, here's one...

"Why don't you quote and link those equally abhorrent terms, mmmkay sweetie?

How is that different then the OP's argument?

Oh, BTW...thanks for proving my point.

Also, "vile little troll" = "he kicks my ass from one side of the forum to the other. My butt is sore, my vajay-jay is lonesome and i don't know what else to do but call him a vile little troll".

Does that make me a misogynist because I made a vajay-jay joke as opposed to a pole smoker joke?

The interwebz are so funny...

Last edited:
Also, "vile little troll" = "he kicks my ass from one side of the forum to the other. My butt is sore, my vajay-jay is lonesome and i don't know what else to do but call him a vile little troll".

Does that make me a misogynist because I made a vajay-jay joke as opposed to a pole smoker joke?

The interwebz are so funny...

A misogynist hates women.

It could have a tone of sexism, in the sense that it is not gender neutral.

I don't think Alfalfa picks a thread to post in based on whether someone cares about what he has to say.

Mostly from my perception it seems Alfalfa likes to question statements people make especially if it's said in an altruism fashion.

Alfalfa also will point out discrepancies or hypocrisies and I suppose we are all guilty of being blind to an issue from time to time he likes to point and poke at it when it's transparent to him.

He made some valid points men have been put into situations where their masculinity is questioned or their sexuality if they disagree with someone in a thread.

These are ways that demean "men" and attempts to silence them from expressing an unpopular opinion.

It happens to both male and female.

Does he troll, sure he does.:cool:

You funny, alfalfa.

Also dishonest, but then all trolls are.

You want to see the best of the best, head to any thread that focuses on women getting the shit kicked out of them. You'll see all the really fabulous female-hating wife-beaters holding court.

I read a thread where Alfalfa confronted a poster who made a thread that in essence objectified women based on their political affiliation.

I don't think there is a gender bias on Alfalfa's part but maybe I am missing something.

You funny, alfalfa.

Also dishonest, but then all trolls are.

You want to see the best of the best, head to any thread that focuses on women getting the shit kicked out of them. You'll see all the really fabulous female-hating wife-beaters holding court.

Well KG, I would say, as well as many other posters on this site, that Warrior102-103 (whatever it takes) is the most vile, misogynist woman hater on this site. Yet this is how you profile him...

Koshergirl on Warrior - "I love Warrior. If you take objection to him, I know he's a man of character, intellect, integrity and probably good looking too."

So who should take you seriously in ANY discussion about misogyny and women hating men?

Will you now deny you made that comment? Maybe you want to rephrase or spin it?

For those who want to update themselves on KG's "man of integrity" here are a couple links that will define him for you...

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/316475-koshergrl-hearts-warrior.html

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/317438-wanker-update-10-9-13-a.html

So KG, I put up ALL of Warrior102-103's comments in these links as evidence of a man who is a "really fabulous female-hating wife-beaters holding court" and then justixpose that with your lick spittle adoration of the man.

Care to explain the apparent dichotomy?

I don't think Alfalfa picks a thread to post in based on whether someone cares about what he has to say.

Mostly from my perception it seems Alfalfa likes to question statements people make especially if it's said in an altruism fashion.

Alfalfa also will point out discrepancies or hypocrisies and I suppose we are all guilty of being blind to an issue from time to time he likes to point and poke at it when it's transparent to him.

He made some valid points men have been put into situations where their masculinity is questioned or their sexuality if they disagree with someone in a thread.

These are ways that demean "men" and attempts to silence them from expressing an unpopular opinion.

It happens to both male and female.

Does he troll, sure he does.:cool:

For the most part, well done. Several people here have put up posts trying to define me, but you came closest.

Pretty good for male...heheh.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back