Calling out "Mansplaining" and Misogyny!

I'd just go with "consider the source," but you're a good friend, and so here I am.

Mansplaining, without me hitting Google and as I understand it, is when men give their perspective on women's issues. It's why I don't stay with the abortion threads until they expel their last breath. It's ridiculous that a bunch of men are trying to explain why the only logical answer is that the woman either never have sex again, or sign up for that 18 year sentence that just got dropped on her head.

Now, if they understand the concept of women's rights, welcome aboard and pass the ammunition. But if they think that they should be able to dictate ... and etc.You've seen my argument, I don't need to lay the whole thing out here.

As to the being treated as less than by virtue of genitals? Most of the time it's laughable. Some of the time, it's irritating. But when I start publishing, I have a decision to make - and I'm sure everybody knows why J.K. Rowling went with the initials.

It ain't just men doing this.

Apparently you and Connery want to have a different dialog completely.

No offense but you cannot accuse other people of wanting to "have a different dialogue" when you just finished dragging abortion into the mix.

It ain't just men doing this.

Apparently you and Connery want to have a different dialog completely.

No offense but you cannot accuse other people of wanting to change the topic when you just finished dragging abortion into the mix.

That? Was an example of the subject at hand. One of them made the subject about him, and the other attempted a debate term I can't remember, but is along the lines of "they do it too!!"

Still don't get it, do you, Alfi? You have been exposed as a racist and a misogynist. As such you are not only beneath contempt but you are also unworthy of any attention. Go and troll some other thread because you have nothing of value to contribute in this one.

Right.

And you've been exposed as a passive/aggressive man-women of dubious gender.

Why should we believe your a man? Because you say so...on a chat site...on the internet?

I've always known he was a man, but then I took the time and effort to get to know him.

He's one of the good guys.

Which you can also take my word for, or not. Having a reputation for straight-shooting doesn't hurt me any on that front.

What is so fragile about derdiddle-me-o that he requires your protection on this website?

Living with a lot of men under stressful circumstances (the military) … It becomes easier to assess where the lines form between aggressiveness and abuse.

There are things we don't get to experience as women to the same degree as men … And paramount among these is a certain expectation that men have in conflict resolution, and for good reason.
When a man pisses someone off … He has no safe ground, no sacred right of protection … And whether or not it happens, he knows a fist in the face is on the menu … More than likely the Daily Special.

Once a woman steps out of the comfort zone and “toes the line” … Gives and receives the fist in the face … She almost automatically gains a certain respect from men whether or not she gets the crap beat out of her.
When men understand that you will go the distance regardless of bodily harm … They give you insight into how simple life can actually be if you just use more than words in attempts to stand up for yourself ... If you change the way you look at things a little.

Right or wrong … Anything else is just an appeal from the weak to garner allowances for their weaknesses … An appeal for civility to relieve the burden of earning your place.

If you have no desire to go to those lengths … That is fine, no harm - no foul … But to expect the same respect some good men give each other … And for due reason, is foolish.
Attempting to understand men or women is a honorable cause … But it is a lot easier when you live like the other … When you accept the responsibilities and burdens of the other gender.

Certainly. I wonder if anyone is listening...

Living with a lot of men under stressful circumstances (the military) … It becomes easier to assess where the lines form between aggressiveness and abuse.

There are things we don't get to experience as women to the same degree as men … And paramount among these is a certain expectation that men have in conflict resolution, and for good reason.
When a man pisses someone off … He has no safe ground, no sacred right of protection … And whether or not it happens, he knows a fist in the face is on the menu … More than likely the Daily Special.

Once a woman steps out of the comfort zone and “toes the line” … Gives and receives the fist in the face … She almost automatically gains a certain respect from men whether or not she gets the crap beat out of her.
When men understand that you will go the distance regardless of bodily harm … They give you insight into how simple life can actually be if you just use more than words in attempts to stand up for yourself ... If you change the way you look at things a little.

Right or wrong … Anything else is just an appeal from the weak to garner allowances for their weaknesses … An appeal for civility to relieve the burden of earning your place.

If you have no desire to go to those lengths … That is fine, no harm - no foul … But to expect the same respect some good men give each other … And for due reason, is foolish.
Attempting to understand men or women is a honorable cause … But it is a lot easier when you live like the other … When you accept the responsibilities and burdens of the other gender.

Granted going mano-a-mano will most certainly earn anyone, male or female, respect for being willing to stand up for yourself irrespective of the odds against you.

But when it comes to relations between men and women what earns respect are things that are not just physical but instead demonstrate who you are as a person inside. Trust is earned and a willingness to admit to being fallible and apologizing for mistakes shows an inner strength of character.

Right.

And you've been exposed as a passive/aggressive man-women of dubious gender.

Why should we believe your a man? Because you say so...on a chat site...on the internet?

I've always known he was a man, but then I took the time and effort to get to know him.

He's one of the good guys.

Which you can also take my word for, or not. Having a reputation for straight-shooting doesn't hurt me any on that front.

The irony here is that Alfi is the one who is being passive-aggressive. Trolls often project their own shortcomings and he is no exception in that regard.

Hmmm. You need to step back and take a deep breath, you're starting to post whatever stoopid crap that pops into your head....that's a level 3 hysteria.

And STILL not as sexist as yours. :thup:

So when a man makes a sexist remark he is called a misogynist and shunned by the man-women but when you do it it's okay?

Yes, well. The thing is, it's just a move in a troll chest game, for me. For you? You actually believe that shit.

Unless, of course you're willing to de-troll and admit you're just trying to play this board like the proverbial fiddle.

So when you post sexist crap it's just a "move in a troll chess game" and when I do it it's misogynistic?

How do you know I'm not playing chess as well? Maybe I'm sacrificing a pawn to get an opponent to expose a rook.

Inquiring people want to know...

And the victimizer continues to victimize the victim.

However, in this case, the victim stuffs it up the victimizer's ego.

BDBoop is having no trouble at all with Alfalfa's aggressiveness.

And STILL not as sexist as yours. :thup:

I still don't get it. I tell you to let derdiddle-me-o fight his own man-woman battles and that's sexist?

Must I refer you back to your lack of brains again?

Or is there a life lesson in here for ya - like maybe oh, I don't know.

Your stupidity has nothing to do with your gender.

A Misogynist can be male or female.

Same thing happens in Misandry.

Some people are neither category but delight in stirring the pot for a self-entertainment.

Why would anyone need to "fight" a battle or need "protection" unless it is agreed that said person is "under attack" :lol:

I still don't get it. I tell you to let derdiddle-me-o fight his own man-woman battles and that's sexist?

Some people are neither category but delight in stirring the pot for a self-entertainment.

Why would anyone need to "fight" a battle or need "protection" unless it is agreed that said person is "under attack" :lol:

DerWebelo appears to thrive on sympathy.

I had sympathy for you when some people at the board where making treads left & right about you in the flame zone.

I also agree with you about the rep system and turned mine off the first week I got here.

There is nothing wrong with showing care for another person online even if you don't know them personally.

:cool:

I had sympathy for you when some people at the board where making treads left & right about you in the flame zone.

I also agree with you about the rep system and turned mine off the first week I got here.

There is nothing wrong with showing care for another person online even if you don't know them personally.

I appreciate that, but I didn't demand it nor do I thrive on it. This entire thread is one whine about needing sympathy. And it appears to be targeted at one gender.

If I were the OP I would be embarrassed.

Great Danes ignore yapping chihuahuas! ;)

I appreciate that, but I didn't demand it nor do I thrive on it. This entire thread is one whine about needing sympathy. And it appears to be targeted at one gender.

I went to the thread he/she referred to and it did seem pretty hostile at women.

But at any rate even though you didn't ask for support, I supported you in your stance about shutting off rep.

There is no reason you should be attacked for opting out of rep.

I wouldn't want to be faulted for showing empathy or care toward anyone who may have felt attacked and was clearly looking for support by making a thread.

I am sorry this thread rubbed you wrong. :smiliehug:

I'd just go with "consider the source," but you're a good friend, and so here I am.

Mansplaining, without me hitting Google and as I understand it, is when men give their perspective on women's issues. It's why I don't stay with the abortion threads until they expel their last breath. It's ridiculous that a bunch of men are trying to explain why the only logical answer is that the woman either never have sex again, or sign up for that 18 year sentence that just got dropped on her head.

Now, if they understand the concept of women's rights, welcome aboard and pass the ammunition. But if they think that they should be able to dictate ... and etc.You've seen my argument, I don't need to lay the whole thing out here.

As to the being treated as less than by virtue of genitals? Most of the time it's laughable. Some of the time, it's irritating. But when I start publishing, I have a decision to make - and I'm sure everybody knows why J.K. Rowling went with the initials.
I call bullshit on that statement in blue. You have taken the argument to an extreme that only exists with extremists. There are more than two options and you know that. For you to try and pretend that only two options are offered is not only ridiculous but also a lie masquerading as some sort of false perception you may have. Intellectually dishonest of you to go there.

I went to the thread he/she referred to and it did seem pretty hostile at women.

But at any rate even though you didn't ask for support, I supported you in your stance about shutting off rep.

There is no reason you should be attacked for opting out of rep.

I wouldn't want to be faulted for showing empathy or care toward anyone who may have felt attacked and was clearly looking for support by making a thread.

I am sorry this thread rubbed you wrong. :smiliehug:

I read it some before and didn't get that take, but I will review it again. I saw the protagananist calling der "sweeite", so what?

It isn't the whole thread that rubbed me wrong, it was the premise and intention of the OP...who alleges to be male.

I call bullshit on that statement in blue. You have taken the argument to an extreme that only exists with extremists. There are more than two options and you know that. For you to try and pretend that only two options are offered is not only ridiculous but also a lie masquerading as some sort of false perception you may have. Intellectually dishonest of you to go there.

You are correct that it is BS, Alan. BD is saying that she opts out when the extremists start "mansplaining" that those are her only options when reasonable people know that there are others. From my understanding she was just using the extremists as an example of "mansplaining" as opposed to claiming that there are no other options.

How kind of you.

I usually assume they haven't been laid since the turn of the century.

Evidently, a man of sexual purity is worthy of derision in your mind. Double standard that.

Would a "man of sexual purity" use the following terms about women?

Sweetie, if you weren't such an ignorant twat,

You lose again twat...

you stupid twat

you lose ignorant twat

New Topics

Forum List

Back