Calling out "Mansplaining" and Misogyny!

It's unfortunate how some people treat others when debating or discussing issues that are controversial.

In my opinion, part of the reason this takes place is because people tell themselves a story about the other person instead of being receptive or trying to see a point of view the other person has, they come into the debate ready to disagree from the get-go. So it can quickly get reduced to name-calling, getting personal, or demeaning someone because of their gender, race, sexual preference ( which usually has nothing to do with the original issue being discussed)

I have seen both men and women do this to each other online.

In real life, this would be known as not listening or listening with the intent to reply rather than actually hearing what the other person is saying.

What is a more "real" "learning experience" than grasping something intellectually? Are you sure you're not a woman?

Runs for cover. :lol:

He posts like one. I'm not surprised others might have thought he was.

I still don't get what the purpose of this thread is, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.

All I've gotten out of it is reinforcement that many women demand to be treated equal then complain when they aren't treated special.

I believe the OP is some kind of Orwellian humblebrag. (?) Life on the non-PC despotic interwebs is hard on lefties.

Or maybe he believes the worst thing he's ever been mistaken for on the internet is a woman? (a very misogynistic view right?) The worst thing I've ever been mistaken for on the internet is a Republican. lol

That was the first impression I had, he was angry someone thought he was a women. Look how much time he took in the OP explaining the avi.

Which then makes it quite ironic he would post a thread with misogyny in the title.

And Mamooth snaps the trap shut on the little stupid mice that grabbed "the post like one" cheese.

Please enlighten us as to what "posting like a woman" consists of.

Yes, indeed. I'd like to know the answer to that one too. Such a question, plus what the poster has written, makes it clear he doesn't get the point of the thread, or doesn't want to.

Women have a tendency to be much more passive aggressive then men.

You have empirical evidence for this statement? How do you justify such a claim? Personal experience? Anecdotal information? Sorry, am I being too logical for you? In other words, besides your own personal prejudices, what makes you believe that women tend to be more passive aggressive than men?

Sorry, I am just sitting here giggling because I didn't even know I could haul out the virtual thesaurus to back my assertion.

Have you had anybody tell you yet that no, it really is dribble? They meant to say dribble.

Yup.

Dribble, used as a noun, is liquid that drops from the mouth - I guess you could say their words are nothing but dribble! :lol::lol:

Or go archaic.

driv·el
ˈdrivəl/Submit
noun
silly nonsense.
"don't talk such drivel!"
synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, garbage; More
verb
verb: drivel; 3rd person present: drivels; past tense: drivelled; past participle: drivelled; gerund or present participle: drivelling; past tense: driveled; past participle: driveled; gerund or present participle: driveling
talk nonsense.
"he was driveling on about the glory days"
synonyms: talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, blather, prattle, gabble, waffle More
archaic
let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose; dribble.

Oh. Well, they are referring to saliva and mucus.

Eww, by the way.

I thought maybe it was a metaphor for something else. :redface::eusa_angel:

*having to do with impotent language. ;)

Last edited:
What is a more "real" "learning experience" than grasping something intellectually? Are you sure you're not a woman?

I still don't get what the purpose of this thread is, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.

All I've gotten out of it is reinforcement that many women demand to be treated equal then complain when they aren't treated special.

I believe the OP is some kind of Orwellian humblebrag. (?) Life on the non-PC despotic interwebs is hard on lefties.

Or maybe he believes the worst thing he's ever been mistaken for on the internet is a woman? (a very misogynistic view right?) The worst thing I've ever been mistaken for on the internet is a Republican. lol

Being mistaken for a woman on the internet is not the problem. Being treated as "intellectually inferior" by a dull witted buffoon just because he believed that I was female is the problem. However you have managed to focus the issue. It does seem to be primarily restricted to males with room temperature IQ's.

Might be interesting to determine how females with similar IQ's behave on the internet when it comes to how they treat their peers. Judging by some of the feedback they might be no better than their male counterparts.

FYI I have been accused of being both Republican and Democrat on the internet so that doesn't bother me any more than being mistaken for a woman. I try to treat other posters with the respect that I would like to be given in return irrespective of the opinions being expressed.

I'd just go with "consider the source," but you're a good friend, and so here I am.

Mansplaining, without me hitting Google and as I understand it, is when men give their perspective on women's issues. It's why I don't stay with the abortion threads until they expel their last breath. It's ridiculous that a bunch of men are trying to explain why the only logical answer is that the woman either never have sex again, or sign up for that 18 year sentence that just got dropped on her head.

Now, if they understand the concept of women's rights, welcome aboard and pass the ammunition. But if they think that they should be able to dictate ... and etc.You've seen my argument, I don't need to lay the whole thing out here.

As to the being treated as less than by virtue of genitals? Most of the time it's laughable. Some of the time, it's irritating. But when I start publishing, I have a decision to make - and I'm sure everybody knows why J.K. Rowling went with the initials.

It ain't just men doing this.

Can you provide some examples please, Gracie?

^^^
I think that most sensible women just filter out the type of man who does this type of thing. A man can be completely unaware he is being a knuckle dragger in this sense and doesn't understand why a woman will discard him almost immediately in real life. Language meant to put a woman in her place, her lesser place, her diminuitive place is nothing new. In the play A DOLL'S HOUSE, by Henrik Ibsen, the husband calls his wife "My little skylark" or "My little squirrel" --- comparing her to small, insignificant animals, always including the word 'little.' This demeans her, of course, along with the other ways he treats her, and she eventually leaves him. Even then, he doesn't 'get' what he's done wrong. It is no different than calling a black man 'boy.' It is meant to put someone in their 'place.' To put them down. To show they are lesser, smaller, less significant, that their place in the world in more that of a child than an equal.

Last edited:
Yes, it was a learning experience. :) It took something that I only really had an intellectual grasp of and turned it into something much more real. My reaction was how dare anyone speak to women like this? It was literally jaw dropping. In real life I would probably have done something physical about it but in a virtual world that isn't feasible. So I opted for the next best thing that I could think of.

I still don't get the purpose of this thread, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.
Doubtful that you have the cognitive skills to comprehend it, Alfi!

If you claimed "intellectual superiority" over someone because of their race that would be racist. Claiming "intellectual superiority" over someone because of their gender is sexist. Both are examples of bigotry.

Stating that you lack the cognitive skills to comprehend this distinction is not bigotry because it is merely drawing attention to the shortcoming that you just admitted to having. (See your words highlighted above.)

^^^
I think that most sensible women just filter out the type of man who does this type of thing. A man can be completely unaware he is being a knuckle dragger in this sense and doesn't understand why a woman will discard him almost immediately in real life. Language meant to put in woman in her place, her lesser place, her diminuitive place is nothing new. In the play A DOLL'S HOUSE, by Henrik Ibsen, the husband calls his wife "My little skylark" or "My little squirrel" --- comparing her to small, insignificant animals, always including the word 'little.' This demeans her, of course, along with the other ways he treats her, and she eventually leaves him. Even then, he doesn't 'get' what he's done wrong. It is no different than calling a black man 'boy.' It is meant to put someone in their 'place.' To put them down. To show they are lesser, smaller, less significant, that their place is the world in more that of a child than an equal.

Excellent point! Those that do this are blind to how they come across.

Dribble, used as a noun, is liquid that drops from the mouth - I guess you could say their words are nothing but dribble! :lol::lol:

Or go archaic.

driv·el
ˈdrivəl/Submit
noun
silly nonsense.
"don't talk such drivel!"
synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, garbage; More
verb
verb: drivel; 3rd person present: drivels; past tense: drivelled; past participle: drivelled; gerund or present participle: drivelling; past tense: driveled; past participle: driveled; gerund or present participle: driveling
talk nonsense.
"he was driveling on about the glory days"
synonyms: talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, blather, prattle, gabble, waffle More
archaic
let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose; dribble.

Oh. Well, they are referring to saliva and mucus.

Eww, by the way.

I thought maybe it was a metaphor for something else. :redface::eusa_angel:

*having to do with impotent language. ;)

:lmao: :thanks: :lmao:

Women have a tendency to be much more passive aggressive then men.

You have empirical evidence for this statement? How do you justify such a claim? Personal experience? Anecdotal information? Sorry, am I being too logical for you? In other words, besides your own personal prejudices, what makes you believe that women tend to be more passive aggressive than men?

Let's not get hysterical...

I still don't get the purpose of this thread, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.

If you claimed "intellectual superiority" over someone because of their race that would be racist. Claiming "intellectual superiority" over someone because of their gender is sexist. Both are examples of bigotry.

Stating that you lack the cognitive skills to comprehend this distinction is not bigotry because it is merely drawing attention to the shortcoming that you just admitted to having. (See your words highlighted above.)

What a wonderfully passive aggressive answer...

What a wonderfully passive aggressive answer...

Remember when you came here, and we chatted, and I gave you some helpful info?

You're a prick.

So the context here is that when [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION] asked me if I wanted to participate and help out for Breast Cancer Awareness month I decided that I this was a worthy cause and that I would contribute. Switching over to pink avatars and pos repping everyone who did was all part of the fun. As Halloween approached the theme of the avatars began to change so I looked for one that would include the BCA theme of pink and boobs and I opted for my current Elvira avatar. I continued posting giving it no more thought than I had to the similar themed avatars that I had used earlier.

Then I came across this thread by [MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION] and opted to participate with a response.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/320446-democrats-folding.html

My post elicited a response from [MENTION=30955]Rottweiler[/MENTION] which resulted in a number of other posts from each of us. At first I ignored the lame insults as is my wont because most posters will drop them if I don't respond in kind. However the tone rang a bell with something that my daughter had mentioned to me about "mansplaining" and so I did a little research and this sure looks like it to me;

http://www.usmessageboard.com/8049507-post188.html

The woman who says that I'm not "capable of comprehending" what it means to be part of a "civilized society" because I won't allow her to steal from me wants to talk about irony now.... :lmao:

Sweetie, what is more uncivilized than people stealing and acting like thugs? You have no right to what I have. None. You have no moral grounds to it. No legal grounds to it. No constitutional grounds to it. No religious grounds to it.

You want to bring back slavery and have me labor on your behalf because you can't afford something you want or need. Sorry, it's not happening. Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans outlawed slavery in the 1860's after we won the Civil War. And you Dumbocrats have been trying to bring slavery back ever since. You lost the Civil War. Get over it already. And learn to take care of yourself like a big girl.

The thread has many more such posts and they are nowhere near as "polite" but it the sheer condescending BS that needs to be called out here. It literally opened my eyes to the fact that women have had to put up with this kind offensive attitude from room temperature jerks like [MENTION=30955]Rottweiler[/MENTION] for their entire lives. Yes, I can understand why he mistook me for being female but his lowbrow puerile responses were both unprovoked and sexist.

Ladies, I admire your restraint at not kneeing runt of the cognitive litter needle dicks like [MENTION=30955]Rottweiler[/MENTION] in the groin at every opportunity because they thoroughly deserve it. But this is the internet and you can only do so virtually. So I have started this thread for the purpose of identifying and calling out "mansplaining" and misogyny in these threads.

From a male perspective we can choose whether we want to be associated with the likes of the knuckle draggers or be real men and stand up for women by calling out this abominable behavior whenever we see it. If you supported BCA then let's also support making this forum a better place for all of us to share our opinions without resorting to the lowest common denominator.

Negged for bitching :cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back