Calling out "Mansplaining" and Misogyny!

LOL, i dont mean to laugh.... but you got a taste of how men (and some women) treat you as a woman. I have to say that it may be a good learning experience.

Yes, it was a learning experience. :) It took something that I only really had an intellectual grasp of and turned it into something much more real. My reaction was how dare anyone speak to women like this? It was literally jaw dropping. In real life I would probably have done something physical about it but in a virtual world that isn't feasible. So I opted for the next best thing that I could think of.

I pretty much ignore the rantings of posters who post such dribble. They do it because they can get away with it, probably henpecked at home and this is their only place where they can get even, with some other woman that had nothing to do with their not wearing the pants at home. I usually just consider the source, ignore and let them make idiots of themselves.

How kind of you.

I usually assume they haven't been laid since the turn of the century.

Yes, it was a learning experience. :) It took something that I only really had an intellectual grasp of and turned it into something much more real. My reaction was how dare anyone speak to women like this? It was literally jaw dropping. In real life I would probably have done something physical about it but in a virtual world that isn't feasible. So I opted for the next best thing that I could think of.

I pretty much ignore the rantings of posters who post such dribble. They do it because they can get away with it, probably henpecked at home and this is their only place where they can get even, with some other woman that had nothing to do with their not wearing the pants at home. I usually just consider the source, ignore and let them make idiots of themselves.

But why should they be allowed to behave like boors in this forum when they wouldn't dare to do it in real life? There is no excuse for bad behavior in my opinion. Yes, their rudeness is a reflection of why they are as people but if we don't tolerate it then they will go elsewhere for their "jollies" and good riddance.

Aha! In my estimation, it's the politics. At least to some extent. People will show their ass in a spectacular fashion as a means to hammer home just how serious they are about their disdain for their opposition.

That's one piece of the puzzle, anyway. "I don't have to treat her like a lady; she's a democrat." "I don't have to ascribe her any kind of dignity and respect, she's a murderer (abortion)."

We have the no family rule in place, but I'm just as willing to come at it from the opposite direction. I told [MENTION=19867]G.T.[/MENTION] that his momma did a damn fine job raising him, after he called the worst offender on the board out on his treatment of the liberal women here.

I'd just go with "consider the source," but you're a good friend, and so here I am.

Mansplaining, without me hitting Google and as I understand it, is when men give their perspective on women's issues. It's why I don't stay with the abortion threads until they expel their last breath. It's ridiculous that a bunch of men are trying to explain why the only logical answer is that the woman either never have sex again, or sign up for that 18 year sentence that just got dropped on her head.

Now, if they understand the concept of women's rights, welcome aboard and pass the ammunition. But if they think that they should be able to dictate ... and etc.You've seen my argument, I don't need to lay the whole thing out here.

As to the being treated as less than by virtue of genitals? Most of the time it's laughable. Some of the time, it's irritating. But when I start publishing, I have a decision to make - and I'm sure everybody knows why J.K. Rowling went with the initials.

It ain't just men doing this.

But why should they be allowed to behave like boors in this forum when they wouldn't dare to do it in real life? There is no excuse for bad behavior in my opinion. Yes, their rudeness is a reflection of why they are as people but if we don't tolerate it then they will go elsewhere for their "jollies" and good riddance.

yea, but who says we wouldn't do it in real life? :eusa_whistle:

When my son came into my life I made a decision to close my practice for good and be with him. This involves me volunteering at his school quite frequently and I am at his school everyday. Being an affable person, I was open to small talk and such from other parents (mothers) ....after a while I learned the meaning of displaced anger and resentment as these people were generally upset with their absentee husbands who bust their asses so they can live in this "bedroom" community and thought I was an easy target for their barrage of bullshit ranging from complaints to snarky attitudes as I was virtually the only man they came in contact with.

I have learned that bringing a good book with me whenever I go leads to a measure of equanimity while I enjoy watching my son play with his friends at the playground after school...:eusa_silenced:

:lol:

I was fortunate enough to work close to home when my daughter was growing up so I was able to attend my share of the class trips. I was the only male on those excursions but I don't ever recall any experiences like the ones you related. :(

Your book idea makes sense and I always brought one with me because there would be the inevitable delays whenever these things were organized. Perhaps I was just preempting your experience. :dunno:

I'd just go with "consider the source," but you're a good friend, and so here I am.

Mansplaining, without me hitting Google and as I understand it, is when men give their perspective on women's issues. It's why I don't stay with the abortion threads until they expel their last breath. It's ridiculous that a bunch of men are trying to explain why the only logical answer is that the woman either never have sex again, or sign up for that 18 year sentence that just got dropped on her head.

Now, if they understand the concept of women's rights, welcome aboard and pass the ammunition. But if they think that they should be able to dictate ... and etc.You've seen my argument, I don't need to lay the whole thing out here.

As to the being treated as less than by virtue of genitals? Most of the time it's laughable. Some of the time, it's irritating. But when I start publishing, I have a decision to make - and I'm sure everybody knows why J.K. Rowling went with the initials.

It ain't just men doing this.

Apparently you and Connery want to have a different dialog completely.

As BDBoop pointed out earlier the men who do it in real life probably haven't been laid since the turn of the century. :lol:

As BDBoop pointed out earlier the men who do it in real life probably haven't been laid since the turn of the century. :lol:

well if any women here want to cure me of misogyny, pm me lol

LOL, i dont mean to laugh.... but you got a taste of how men (and some women) treat you as a woman. I have to say that it may be a good learning experience.

Whining?

Whining?

Do you REALLY want to be an example?

Drivel. The word is drivel.

Drivel Synonyms, Drivel Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

Sorry, I am just sitting here giggling because I didn't even know I could haul out the virtual thesaurus to back my assertion.

Have you had anybody tell you yet that no, it really is dribble? They meant to say dribble.

Yup.

Dribble, used as a noun, is liquid that drops from the mouth - I guess you could say their words are nothing but dribble! :lol::lol:

It's unfortunate how some people treat others when debating or discussing issues that are controversial.

In my opinion, part of the reason this takes place is because people tell themselves a story about the other person instead of being receptive or trying to see a point of view the other person has, they come into the debate ready to disagree from the get-go. So it can quickly get reduced to name-calling, getting personal, or demeaning someone because of their gender, race, sexual preference ( which usually has nothing to do with the original issue being discussed)

I have seen both men and women do this to each other online.

Sorry, I am just sitting here giggling because I didn't even know I could haul out the virtual thesaurus to back my assertion.

Have you had anybody tell you yet that no, it really is dribble? They meant to say dribble.

Yup.

Dribble, used as a noun, is liquid that drops from the mouth - I guess you could say their words are nothing but dribble! :lol::lol:

Or go archaic.

driv·el
ˈdrivəl/Submit
noun
silly nonsense.
"don't talk such drivel!"
synonyms: nonsense, twaddle, claptrap, balderdash, gibberish, rubbish, mumbo jumbo, garbage; More
verb
verb: drivel; 3rd person present: drivels; past tense: drivelled; past participle: drivelled; gerund or present participle: drivelling; past tense: driveled; past participle: driveled; gerund or present participle: driveling
talk nonsense.
"he was driveling on about the glory days"
synonyms: talk nonsense, talk rubbish, babble, ramble, gibber, blather, prattle, gabble, waffle More
archaic
let saliva or mucus flow from the mouth or nose; dribble.

Oh. Well, they are referring to saliva and mucus.

Eww, by the way.

When my son came into my life I made a decision to close my practice for good and be with him. This involves me volunteering at his school quite frequently and I am at his school everyday. Being an affable person, I was open to small talk and such from other parents (mothers) ....after a while I learned the meaning of displaced anger and resentment as these people were generally upset with their absentee husbands who bust their asses so they can live in this "bedroom" community and thought I was an easy target for their barrage of bullshit ranging from complaints to snarky attitudes as I was virtually the only man they came in contact with.

I have learned that bringing a good book with me whenever I go leads to a measure of equanimity while I enjoy watching my son play with his friends at the playground after school...:eusa_silenced:

:lol:

I was fortunate enough to work close to home when my daughter was growing up so I was able to attend my share of the class trips. I was the only male on those excursions but I don't ever recall any experiences like the ones you related. :(

Your book idea makes sense and I always brought one with me because there would be the inevitable delays whenever these things were organized. Perhaps I was just preempting your experience. :dunno:

The school system is wonderful and the area is beautiful. I am sure it is not everyone, but after a few experiences I decided I was not very interested in further excursions down the "river of transference". I worked hard to get here and I am blissfully blind to the "stuff" that goes on in town preferring friendships elsewhere.

Whining?

Do you REALLY want to be an example?

An example of what?

What is a more "real" "learning experience" than grasping something intellectually? Are you sure you're not a woman?

Runs for cover. :lol:

What is a more "real" "learning experience" than grasping something intellectually? Are you sure you're not a woman?

He posts like one. I'm not surprised others might have thought he was.

I still don't get the purpose of this thread, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.

All I've gotten out of it is reinforcement that many women demand to be treated equal then complain when they aren't treated special.

Last edited:

Not if you were a woman. We've been putting up with manshit for evah and are pretty good at either calling guys out on it or just ignoring it. Well, just speaking for myself.

That is why I admire your restraint. Your patience seems limitless. :)

Just call us Job (biblical figure)

That's also why he made teh wimminz be the mother ... (seemingly) endless patience! :D

He posts like one. I'm not surprised others might have thought he was.

I still don't get what the purpose of this thread is, maybe I do but can't believe it's so sophomoric.

All I've gotten out of it is reinforcement that many women demand to be treated equal then complain when they aren't treated special.

I believe the OP is some kind of Orwellian humblebrag. (?) Life on the non-PC despotic interwebs is hard on lefties.

Or maybe he believes the worst thing he's ever been mistaken for on the internet is a woman? (a very misogynistic view right?) The worst thing I've ever been mistaken for on the internet is a Republican. lol

Forum List

Back