"Calling BULLSHIT on Rolling Stone"

The Infidel

EVIL CONSERVATIVE
May 19, 2010
AMERITOPIA

"The brigade gave me open access. I could go anywhere, anytime, so long as I could find a ride, which never was a problem beyond normal combat problems. If they had something to hide, it was limited and I didn’t find it. I was not with the Soldiers accused of murder and had no knowledge of this. It is important to note that the murder allegations were not discovered by media vigilance, but by, for instance, at least one Soldier in that tiny unit who was appalled by the behavior. A brigade is a big place with thousands of Soldiers, and in Afghanistan they were spread thinly across several provinces because we decided to wage war with too few troops. Those Soldiers accused of being involved in (or who should have been knowledgeable of) the murders could fit into a minivan. You would need ten 747s for the rest of the Brigade who did their duty. I was with many other Soldiers from 5/2 SBCT. My overall impression was very positive. After scratching my memory for negative impressions from 5/2 Soldiers, I can’t think of any, actually, other than the tiny Kill Team who, to my knowledge, I never set eyes upon."

"Rolling Stone commits a literary “crime” by deceptively entwining this normal combat video with the Kill Team story. The Taliban on the motorcycle were killed during an intense operation in the Arghandab near Kandahar City. "

Calling BULLSHIT on Rolling Stone

This whole Kill Team thing is scarey to me, just shows that we have too few experienced Senior NCO's and Officers in the Field that could have put a stop to this madness.

I think the soldiers put a stop to it themselves by speaking up and ratting those guys out.

This whole Kill Team thing is scarey to me, just shows that we have too few experienced Senior NCO's and Officers in the Field that could have put a stop to this madness.

I think the soldiers put a stop to it themselves by speaking up and ratting those guys out.

Yes but it look too long, the lower ranking Private told his father back home in the States on Facebook and he got his ass handed to him by 3 other Soldiers I believed for being a snitch. This all could have been stopped after the first killing and handled by the Army, instead now its a national sensation and there will probably be a movie made about it, its sickening to me.:evil:

Yes but it look too long, the lower ranking Private told his father back home in the States on Facebook and he got his ass handed to him by 3 other Soldiers I believed for being a snitch. This all could have been stopped after the first killing and handled by the Army, instead now its a national sensation and there will probably be a movie made about it, its sickening to me.:evil:

I think the Army is moving along at a good pace.

Soldier to Plead Guilty in Afghan Murder Case - WSJ.com

I don't like the fact that the young Private told his father about the first killing and his father notified the Army and basically nothing happened, they told him he needed to contact the chain of command in Afghanistan, this could have been stopped after the first killing. The Army would have stepped in immediately if someone owed back child support or his dependent behaved badly on post, they would pull your ass right off the field to rip you a new one, but for some reason the father was ignored on this.

I don't like the fact that the young Private told his father about the first killing and his father notified the Army and basically nothing happened, they told him he needed to contact the chain of command in Afghanistan, this could have been stopped after the first killing. The Army would have stepped in immediately if someone owed back child support or his dependent behaved badly on post, they would pull your ass right off the field to rip you a new one, but for some reason the father was ignored on this.

Could be more evidece that we are spread way too thin arund the world.
Not an excuse, just a thoery.

I just wish the Army could have stopped this after the first killing, and handled this amongst themselves quietly. Now these pics are everywhere and you can bet that Al Qaeda are using these pics as propoganda to get people to hate Americans. This whole thing is a failure of the chain of command and leadership.

And yes you are right, we are spread too thin and have too many Soldiers doing back to back and multiple deployments to war zones, this takes a toll on someone after a while.

Last edited:

I just wish the Army could have stopped this after the first killing, and handled this amongst themselves quietly. Now these pics are everywhere and you can bet that Al Qaeda are using these pics as propoganda to get people to hate Americans. This whole thing is a failure of the chain of command and leadership.

And yes you are right, we are spread too thin and have too many Soldiers doing back to back and multiple deployments to war zones, this takes a toll on someone after a while.

It is much worse than that:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Torture and abuse are against my moral fabric. The cliche still bears repeating: Such outrages are inconsistent with American principles. And then there's the pragmatic side: Torture and abuse cost American lives.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Matthew Alexander (a pseudonym) has spent over eighteen years in the U.S. Air Force and Air Force Reserves. He personally conducted more than 300 interrogations in Iraq and supervised more than 1,000. Alexander was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his achievements in Iraq, including leading the team of interrogators that located Abu Musab al Zarqawi, who was subsequently killed in an airstrike. Alexander has conducted missions in over thirty countries, has two advanced degrees, and speaks three languages.

It is much worse than that:
Torture and abuse are against my moral fabric. The cliche still bears repeating: Such outrages are inconsistent with American principles. And then there's the pragmatic side: Torture and abuse cost American lives.

I learned in Iraq that the No. 1 reason foreign fighters flocked there to fight were the abuses carried out at Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo. Our policy of torture was directly and swiftly recruiting fighters for al-Qaeda in Iraq. The large majority of suicide bombings in Iraq are still carried out by these foreigners. They are also involved in most of the attacks on U.S. and coalition forces in Iraq. It's no exaggeration to say that at least half of our losses and casualties in that country have come at the hands of foreigners who joined the fray because of our program of detainee abuse. The number of U.S. soldiers who have died because of our torture policy will never be definitively known, but it is fair to say that it is close to the number of lives lost on Sept. 11, 2001. How anyone can say that torture keeps Americans safe is beyond me -- unless you don't count American soldiers as Americans.
By Matthew Alexander (a pseudonym) has spent over eighteen years in the U.S. Air Force and Air Force Reserves. He personally conducted more than 300 interrogations in Iraq and supervised more than 1,000. Alexander was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his achievements in Iraq, including leading the team of interrogators that located Abu Musab al Zarqawi, who was subsequently killed in an airstrike. Alexander has conducted missions in over thirty countries, has two advanced degrees, and speaks three languages.

Everything you posted is 100% correct.

Give a bunch of young men guns, ship them to a truly foreign place where they are told to kill or be killed?

Shit like this is bound to happen

Give a bunch of young men guns, ship them to a truly foreign place where they are told to kill or be killed?

Shit like this is bound to happen

You can still conduct yourself with a sense of pride and honor when you are overseas fighting a war, I have been in the Military so I can tell you that much. These Kill Team morons are the exception, not the rule.

Forum List

Back