Calling all pagans...

....i would love a tibetan sky funeral...they haul your dead ass up a cliff....bust you open with rocks and such....leave you for the vultures...now that is kick ass

I want to be cremated and have my ashes shot into space.

where are the druids, wiccans, neopagans, asatruars, gaiaists, and other pagans on board? Surely there must be a few.

They were killed/converted by Christians and Muslims throughout the course of history.

These religious groups were annhialated. There a few people that have tried to revive these traditions but I doubt there is anybody who has received their religion purely by oral tradition.

They weren't annihilated. The numbers were greatly reduced, but paganism was never truly destroyed. And that was just in Europe.

Eastern, African, and Native American religions are nearly all pagan-based. True enough these cultures were somewhat westernized, and Islam is force-converting Africans, but the Old Ways are still with us.

It won't happen in our lifetimes but the cultlike religions will disappear and be replaced by paganism. Not paganism as we know it, more like The Force from Star Wars. It'll almost certainly happen within the next 100 years. People are tired of wars based on religion, freedom stripped away because of religion, social status determined by religion, and thought itself controlled by religion. As we become ever more global the Karmic Weave becomes stronger.

The big five (Islam,Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity) still exist because their belief systems are powerful. War, violence and social control are natural occurences in human beings. Have you ever seen two siblings that didn't fight given enough time? Of course not. Humans love subjecting others to their way of seeing things. The only people that resents power is the people that don't have it. That doesn't mean the powerful people will stop exerting their control over them. Religions and political systems that cause war and suffering are here to stay until the end of time. Even when the names of the religions change they will still look a lot like the big five. The ideas, the wisdom and the practices of these religions are timeless inevitabilities. If you can't beat them then join them. Trust me. You can't beat them.

....i would love a tibetan sky funeral...they haul your dead ass up a cliff....bust you open with rocks and such....leave you for the vultures...now that is kick ass

I want to be cremated and have my ashes shot into space.

where are the druids, wiccans, neopagans, asatruars, gaiaists, and other pagans on board? Surely there must be a few.

They were killed/converted by Christians and Muslims throughout the course of history.

These religious groups were annhialated. There a few people that have tried to revive these traditions but I doubt there is anybody who has received their religion purely by oral tradition.

They weren't annihilated. The numbers were greatly reduced, but paganism was never truly destroyed. And that was just in Europe.

Eastern, African, and Native American religions are nearly all pagan-based. True enough these cultures were somewhat westernized, and Islam is force-converting Africans, but the Old Ways are still with us.

It won't happen in our lifetimes but the cultlike religions will disappear and be replaced by paganism. Not paganism as we know it, more like The Force from Star Wars. It'll almost certainly happen within the next 100 years. People are tired of wars based on religion, freedom stripped away because of religion, social status determined by religion, and thought itself controlled by religion. As we become ever more global the Karmic Weave becomes stronger.

The big five (Islam,Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism and Christianity) still exist because their belief systems are powerful. War, violence and social control are natural occurences in human beings. Have you ever seen two siblings that didn't fight given enough time? Of course not. Humans love subjecting others to their way of seeing things. The only people that resents power is the people that don't have it. That doesn't mean the powerful people will stop exerting their control over them. Religions and political systems that cause war and suffering are here to stay until the end of time. Even when the names of the religions change they will still look a lot like the big five. The ideas, the wisdom and the practices of these religions are timeless inevitabilities. If you can't beat them then join them. Trust me. You can't beat them.

Add Atheism and I might agree but the modern young people are smarter than ever and they talk. They're dropping organized religion like a used condom.....at least in the United States and that's the only place I'm interested in:

Millennials leaving church in droves, study says - CNN.com

"Just Released the survey of 35,000 American adults, shows the Christian percentage of the population dropping precipitously, to 70.6%. In 2007, the last time Pew conducted a similar survey, 78.4% of American adults called themselves Christian."

People are becoming more educated and enlightened by the day.

Those that could once claim to speak with God and/or be on a mission from god will be called out for the charlatans that they are.

People of true faith and true morals might create new churches, but they'll be more about assembled fellowship than being led around by a small group of control freaks and politicians. They'll be about spiritual enlightenment instead of nonsensical tales about a magic sky fairy that helps football teams win games.

it has been slower in the south but has began....my son converted to christianity and was working at a chistian bookstore warehouse ....driving a forklift....he was all about it...till a book came in depicting 4 and 5 yr olds with demon eyes....his current girl was catholic...and she was explaining original sin to him..i was so proud of him when he looked at her and said 'that is just wrong'

Yggdrasil, the World Tree (Viking Mythology)

original.jpg

“I know that an ash-tree stands called Yggdrasil,
a high tree, soaked with shining loam;
from there comes the dews which fall in the valley, ever green, it stands over the well of fate.”
(Seeress’s Prophecy)

When Odin hung, speared, for nine days on the World Tree, he uttered the words that he had ‘sacrificed himself onto himself'. This myth illustrates the unity of the Godhead and the Tree, and also that creation is an act of sacrifice. Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, roots down, rises thru and stretches over the 9 worlds of Viking mythology.

Ygg is another word for Odin. Drasil has many meanings, but can be translated as ‘walker’. To me the image carries the sense that nature is the divine on the march. You, in a very real sense, are the movement of the goddess, the natural supernatural.

light_in_the_woods_forest_green_woman_hd-wallpaper-1647871.jpg

Yggdrasil, the World Tree (Viking Mythology)

original.jpg

“I know that an ash-tree stands called Yggdrasil,
a high tree, soaked with shining loam;
from there comes the dews which fall in the valley, ever green, it stands over the well of fate.”
(Seeress’s Prophecy)

When Odin hung, speared, for nine days on the World Tree, he uttered the words that he had ‘sacrificed himself onto himself'. This myth illustrates the unity of the Godhead and the Tree, and also that creation is an act of sacrifice. Yggdrasil, the Tree of Life, roots down, rises thru and stretches over the 9 worlds of Viking mythology.

Ygg is another word for Odin. Drasil has many meanings, but can be translated as ‘walker’. To me the image carries the sense that nature is the divine on the march. You, in a very real sense, are the movement of the goddess, the natural supernatural.

light_in_the_woods_forest_green_woman_hd-wallpaper-1647871.jpg

Trees are the "root of life" since that is were we originated and our cousins still dwell among them. Trees provide food, shelter, safety and solace. They are elemental since they are rooted in the earth, draw up water from the ground, climb into the air above and their substance provides fire. They live long lives and survive perils like droughts and famines. They are homes for birds and insects, shelter and food for animals, a place to rest and meditate under their leaves away from the heat of the day.

Yes, trees embody the sense of the spiritual without any dogma. They are part of the cycle of life and yes, it would be unimaginable to not have them in our lives.

it has been slower in the south but has began....my son converted to christianity and was working at a chistian bookstore warehouse ....driving a forklift....he was all about it...till a book came in depicting 4 and 5 yr olds with demon eyes....his current girl was catholic...and she was explaining original sin to him..i was so proud of him when he looked at her and said 'that is just wrong'

"Original sin" (SMH) -- that's exactly where I put up a stop sign back in Indoctrination School.

"Original sin" (SMH) -- that's exactly where I put up a stop sign back in Indoctrination School.

There is the Music of Heaven in all things and we have forgotten how to hear it until we sing.- Hildegard of Bingen (Benedictine abbess)

The old gods never die. They just become further abstracted as we move from instinct/intuition toward an artifice of man-made contrivance, ultimately to arrive at machine-thinking (pure utilitarianism). The Garden of Eden story echoes the pagan myths.

Knowledge is a blessing, but associated with a cost. The mystics of all faiths describe this idea of separation. Maya describes a condition of duality in the Bhagavad-Gita. The Hopi word koyaanisqatsi denotes ‘life out of balance’. The mystics describe sin as a state of being, not an individual act.

We have to live in the world, and as all species do we engage in terraforming. Mythology teaches us to spiritually tap the substrate, the deep well from which creation springs, and to live in balance. Are we there yet?

Tonight’s new moon starts the countdown to the super Harvest Moon on the 27th. Should be a.nice dark night for star gazing. Moments ago the new moon entered a 3 day transit of Scorpio. Favorable aspects (sextile to Virgo, trine to Neptune, etc) bring out the best and purest Scorpio energy. The heavens foster earthly love and passion. Mercury sextile with Saturn lends itself to profound expressions of what we draw from the wells of heart and soul. All these positive vibrations utterly break down on Friday as the moon enters a poorly supported transit of Sagittarius. Friday renders tactlessness and superficiality.

Tonight’s new moon starts the countdown to the super Harvest Moon on the 27th. Should be a.nice dark night for star gazing. Moments ago the new moon entered a 3 day transit of Scorpio. Favorable aspects (sextile to Virgo, trine to Neptune, etc) bring out the best and purest Scorpio energy. The heavens foster earthly love and passion. Mercury sextile with Saturn lends itself to profound expressions of what we draw from the wells of heart and soul. All these positive vibrations utterly break down on Friday as the moon enters a poorly supported transit of Sagittarius. Friday renders tactlessness and superficiality.

Is that what your Horoscope said for this week? ;)

scnr-sorry-could-not-resist-smiley-emoticon.gif

What resources do you use to learn about moon/zodiac phases? I would like to learn more about this.

What resources do you use to learn about moon/zodiac phases? I would like to learn more about this.
2015PAP-900.jpg

I had this pocket calendar but it got wet in the rain. Kinda late in the year to get a new one. Now I just search websites. Also slept outside last night and tried to gather things by osmosis.

Interesting comment on this site about debate;
"debate astro….Bernie’s chart is lit up a positive frame…his Sun is 15 Virgo. Tonight,
Jupiter is in 13 Virgo and a huge confidence booster. Mars is in 11 Virgo and Venus trails in 4 Virgo.
These two are also going to power up and kiss his Sun in the days to follow. The North Node of the Moon returns in his chart over the next few months suggesting the time to fulfill his karmic mission – this happens once every 17 and a half years. There’s nothing really negative in Hillary’s chart tonight. The Moon enters Scorpio and meets her Sun tonight – she will speak with conviction. But Mercury, the communicator, is not connected well in her chart while Mercury sits in his home position in Bernie’s chart. He will have details and speak well. Advantage tonight goes to Bernie."
Skywatch Astrology | Skywatch Astrology

beltane_woman_fire_353x4701.jpg

“May the powers of The One,
the source of all creation;
all-pervasive, omnipotent, eternal;
may the Goddess,
the Lady of the Moon;
and the God,
Horned Hunter of the Sun;
rulers of the elemental realms;
may the powers of the stars above and the Earth below,
bless this place, and this time, and I who am with You.” -Samhain prayer

The Celtic New Year begins after the night of Samhain, October 31.
Samhain is a night of ritual fires, ancestor worship, divination, spirit work, feminine sexual energy, etc. Now is a good time, astrologically, for making preparations. Make an altar – candle or other flame source, colored leaves, herbs, acorn, apple, pumpkin. Set out a glass of wine for visiting spirits.

Some traditions celebrate Samhain on the 1st full moon in Scorpio (Oct 27th), the harvest moon. On the 31st, the moon enters Cancer, enhancing emotion, sensitivity to feelings and memory. The sun and moon will be trine at 4:43 pm Pacific, enhancing balance, harmony and acceptance.

Something interesting I read this weekend:

The Neoplatonist Porphyry of Tyre (c. AD 234 – c. AD 305) once consulted an oracle of Hekate concerning Jesus. The results he obtained were recorded by a Christian writer but, according to Wikipedia, the other oracles Porphyry obtained from Hekate seem to indicate standard oracular procedure and are probably accurate — except maybe about the consumption of meat, which I honestly don’t care about — and so this oracle was probably recorded accurately as well, especially considering the anti-Christian themes preserved in it.

Quite a while ago I copied and pasted into a text document the oracle below. So sadly I don’t know its English language source. It is repeated with a glaring omission — the actual words of Hekate via Her oracle — in Sorita D’Este’s and David Rankine’s book Hekate: Liminal Rites, p. 118.

Here follows the text of the oracle of Hekate concerning Jesus as well as Porphyry’s interpretation…

~~~~~~~~~

But to some who asked Hekate whether Christ were a God, she replied: “You know the condition of the disembodied immortal soul, and that if it has been severed from wisdom it always errs. The soul you refer to is that of a man foremost in piety: they worship it because they mistake the truth.” To this so-called oracular response he [Porphyry] adds the following words of his own: “Of this very pious man, then, Hekate said that the soul, like the souls of other good men, was after death dowered with immortality, and that the Christians through ignorance worship it. And to those who ask why he was condemned to die, the oracle of the goddess replied, The body, indeed, is always exposed to torments, but the souls of the pious abide in heaven. And the soul you inquire about has been the fatal cause of error to other souls which were not fated to receive the gifts of the gods, and to have the knowledge of immortal Zeus. Such souls are therefore hated by the gods; for they who were fated not to receive the gifts of the gods, and not to know God, were fated to be involved in error by means of him you speak of. He himself, however, was good, and heaven has been opened to him as to other good men. You are not, then, to speak evil of him, but to pity the folly of men: and through him men’s danger is imminent.

Hekate Speaks About Jesus

The Big One

When you ring a bell, the vibrations move out from the point of impact and cross-bump on the opposite side. Maybe it's a bad analogy, but when you have sick-ass bondor earthquakes in Haiti, Mexico, Chile, New Zealand, China, and the big bounce in Japan, something has to give on the West Coast of the U.S.. The Pacific Ring of Fire is all connected, like the knee bone to the hip bone to the…
I've been close to the epicenter of all the major NorCal quakes of my lifetime. Just lucky, I guess :lol: . I was a mile from the epicenter of the ’87 World Series quake. Landsurfed the earthwaves of the Pertrolia quake of ’92.
14 people were buried in mudslides on my road in the El Nino deluge of the Santa Cruz Mts in 1982. They have yet to be exhumed. We were evacuated for a month and had no electricity or school for two months. That shit shaped my religion. People in other parts of the country who lived through hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards, etc., have had similar experiences… religious experiences.
My great great Grandfather (we call him The Terrible Swede) lived in Oakland and watched San Francisco burn across the bay after the quake of 1906. It's a family story, retold every Thanksgiving and Christmas. Still, I constantly forget. I live in a human fantasy where we are the masters of the universe, harnessers of the atom, top of the food chain. Doesn’t seem to matter that I've heard tales and seen with my own eyes the days when the human race was reduced to so many helpless ants scattered by a feckless psycho kid with a lighter and an aerosol can, so to speak.

Forum List

Back