Calling All New Englanders!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
How are you doing?

We got about 10 inches of heavy wet snow and counting....lost electric at 3:30 am till around 5:30 am and then lost it again about a half hour ago....thank God i have a laptop and verizon wiresless for a connection, though i will probably lose my battery juice soon....and thank God I had the intuitiveness to make the morning coffee before we lost power again!

It is beautiful out though....the pine trees are coated and weighed down with snow....got some really pretty pics that I have not downloaded yet.

It is not suppose to stop snowing here until around 4 pm....

what is it like where you are at?

care

Last edited:
ok, here are some pics from my windows

DSCF0831.JPG

DSCF0833.JPG

DSCF0837.JPG

DSCF0848.JPG

DSCF0853.JPG

DSCF0846.JPG

DSCF0850.JPG

Except for Saturday morning, we had clear skies and temperatures in the 50s over the weekend. We should be in the 60s by Wednesday. It's rough, but somehow we'll make it.

I expect you and I are enjoying the exact same weather since we live about 30 miles apart.

So far my electric is still on, but since I've run out of heating oil until tomorrow when they can deliver it, it's rather brisk in the editecian compound this AM.

I expect you and I are enjoying the exact same weather since we live about 30 miles apart.

So far my electric is still on, but since I've run out of heating oil until tomorrow when they can deliver it, it's rather brisk in the editecian compound this AM.

the electric came back on, but i had the fireplace going all night so the living, kitchen and dining areas are warm, the bedroom upstairs is freezing though....the bathrooms are damn cold too! :eek:

so we have lost electric twice, i made another pot of coffee, in case we lose it again. Central Maine Power has been pretty good for us...only about 2 hours before they brought it back up, both times. Heard 80k lost electric in Maine.

Sorry about you running out of oil.... :( you know, dialing 211 here, might have gotten you some oil/heat sooner but not certain for sure....you should call them ed, they may have some tips for cheaper oil or for some assistance....they got non government places that are helping this year and the limits to qualify initially is not too low...at least that is what it said on the Bangor News.... Do you have a Propane stove?

the sun looks like it wants to make an appearance now, don't know if the storm has blown over or we are just in some sort of break....time to DIG OUT! :)

Care

I'm on Cape Ann today. Just enough snow dust to cover the dingy old stuff. Sunny, windy and cold. The forsythia branches brought in have begun to bloom.

I'm on Cape Ann today. Just enough snow dust to cover the dingy old stuff. Sunny, windy and cold. The forsythia branches brought in have begun to bloom.

you are KIDDING on the forsythia? AWESOME....!

Where I lived in central mass, the forsythia did not bloom till late march, but when i saw them....I KNEW it was just a matter of time before the tulips would be blooming and the daffodils etc.... Gosh, forsythia is the last straw the breaks the camel's back on SPRING FEVER for me....by the time i see those yellow flowers blooming, i just can't stand it!!!

UP here, i don't think i see those yellow blooming bush until mid to late april....sheesh! :(

I got pics of last year's blooming....let me go double check the date and make myself sick.........

Care

OH MY GOD

MAY 7TH before the forsythia were in BLOOM up here..... I;m sick...

Last edited:

I once lived on Cape Ann. Gloucester originally, when I was teaching, then Rockport when I was selling art.

Pretty place but one which I most enjoyed looking at in my rear view mirror.

you are KIDDING on the forsythia? AWESOME....!

Where I lived in central mass, the forsythia did not bloom till late march, but when i saw them....I KNEW it was just a matter of time before the tulips would be blooming and the daffodils etc.... Gosh, forsythia is the last straw the breaks the camel's back on SPRING FEVER for me....by the time i see those yellow flowers blooming, i just can't stand it!!!

UP here, i don't think i see those yellow blooming bush until mid to late april....sheesh! :(

I got pics of last year's blooming....let me go double check the date and make myself sick.........

Care

OH MY GOD

MAY 7TH before the forsythia were in BLOOM up here..... I;m sick...
You have to bring cut branches inside to force them to bloom. It takes a couple of weeks depending how early in the winter it is.

Got about eight inches of snow Friday night and into Saturday, and then the wind blew like crazy, so I didn't get out the snow blower until Sunday morning. Was nice, sunny, no wind. Made $125 jetting a Sportster.

You need a generator care. I had one in Reno and was dam glad I did. The hundred year snow we had there in '04 knocked out power all over town, including mine. I cranked up the generator outside and the neighbor complained.... until I offered an extension cord up to them. :D But I sold that generator when I moved back here to Wisconsin, and I'm planning on buying another one. The power flickers here all the time, and it's been out more than once for more than an hour in just the past few months. Once when it was THIRTY FRICKIN' BELOW! Ta heck with that. I could run a pig tail into my furnace and have heat with a generator, or the gas fireplace in my living room. Either way I wouldn't freeze to death. You at least have wood heat which is good, but it's nice to have a light on or listen to the TV when the power is out too, or COOK!

Last edited:

SNOW?????
ha ha ha ha ha ha hah aha ha

I'm a new englaner.

but i got smart and moved to Phoenix, AZ

you don't have to shovel heat.:lol:

Forum List

Back