calling all gardeners

just bought the first of this years plants. A giant Red bell pepper and yellow bell pepper.. and, instead of tomatoes this year I am planting a raspberry and blackberry bush.

Pffft ... None of you motherfuckers can dig like a Marine ....:eusa_hand:

Last year I dug a hole (wet clay dirt below the surface)5 feet deep and 5 feet in diameter. why? It's a dry well of course...added the rock, plastic 50 gallon drum, and laid the pipe from well water backwash to there.

Oh I'm 5ft 4" and my weight at the time was 102 pounds. It took me about 5 hours.

arrrrrrrrrrrarrrrrrrrarrrrrrr

slacker :lol:

its too early for maters there echo....maters and basil both look for reasons to die....anyone done the "topsy turvy" maters?

its too early for maters there echo....maters and basil both look for reasons to die....anyone done the "topsy turvy" maters?

Thanks bones! I wasn't sure. I'm off all next week for spring break, thought I'd try to get something going out on my tiny patio while I have the time.

slacker only because I had to use a fireplace shovel to actually lift that soil into a bucket then out of the hole once it was 3 feet deep. It was a back breaker but loved every second of it. Soon as the all this rain stops and sun dries all, I'll be out there with my chain saw chopping up the 9 pine trees that fell during the winter and then tugging the logs into my burn pit.

I guess I could do what you all would do and go and hire an illegal or two..*hahaha*

slacker only because I had to use a fireplace shovel to actually lift that soil into a bucket then out of the hole once it was 3 feet deep. It was a back breaker but loved every second of it. Soon as the all this rain stops and sun dries all, I'll be out there with my chain saw chopping up the 9 pine trees that fell during the winter and then tugging the logs into my burn pit.

I guess I could do what you all would do and go and hire an illegal or two..*hahaha*

Why ---I just get legal women like you to do it free ! :lol:

Yeah I do all the hard work around here because my husband works and brings home the money oh did I mention my husband does all the shopping, cooking, and laundry too?

Yeah I do all the hard work around here because my husband works and brings home the money oh did I mention my husband does all the shopping, cooking, and laundry too?

I would too if I had a gun to my head. :lol:

Does he have a twin? :eusa_pray:

Does he have a twin? :eusa_pray:
sorry no, I had a little to do with it all, since his yard duties sucked to my satisfaction, I took that over, and he didn't like my cooking, so he took that. The laundry came about because i was outside so much working on the yard/cleaning garage and all he didn't have any clean underwear...so he started to take on that duty.

I'm spoiled I guess, but he doesn't bitch at all.

hint for tomatoes: put a dozen ground up eggshells around the plants...no, i have no clue why..just that it works..we dry the egg shells in the microwave then grind them in a small food processor...1/2 cup ground eggshells equals about a dozen egg shells...after we grind them we store them in an airtight jar...so we have plenty...

hint for tomatoes: put a dozen ground up eggshells around the plants...no, i have no clue why..just that it works..we dry the egg shells in the microwave then grind them in a small food processor...1/2 cup ground eggshells equals about a dozen egg shells...after we grind them we store them in an airtight jar...so we have plenty...
Sprinkle sugar around the base of the tomatoes as they are growing to make them sweeter.

IMG_0251.jpg

the herb barrel..

IMG_0252.jpg

the lower garden...we are getting spinach and lettuce expecting asparagus soon

and 4 to 8 inches of snow...

Last edited:
You have a lot more green there than we have here. It snowed yesterday but did not stick.

duckie that is the lower garden...i will post more pics as we plant..the upper garden is only a couple of years old...

Forum List

Back