Calling All Computer Experts

From the sounds of it though, it doesn't seem like that area would be good for growing pot would it? It doesn't get hot enough... and unless there is enough water there for a well, you have to have water tanks and pay for water deliveries.
The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane of wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be .
Don't get me wrong by the way, not trying to discourage you, simply pointing out some things to do research on before taking the plunge.
It says it has access to a road. In fact it says it has access to 2 roads.

Zoning: Vacant Land
Access: Legal and physical dirt road access off Rio Grande Drive!
Terrain: Level ground with mountain views.
Phone: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).
Sewer: Would need septic at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Water: Well or Storage at Buyer's Cost (Contact the County for more Information)
Electricity: Would have to be brought in at Buyer's cost. (Contact County and local utility providers for more Information).
Liens & Judgments: None
Deed Type: Warranty Deed
Time Limit to Build: None
Taxes / Dues: Approximately $45 per year

Easy terms - Call for the details.

Document Processing Fee: $ 200.00
Could be a good deal. :dunno:
I wouldn't mind having some property up in the mountains.

Is it windy enough up there to use a couple wind turbines for power? Or does it get enough sunlight to use solar power? Maybe a combination of the two? The only thing I wouldn't like about it, is having to use satellite internet because it is extremely expensive and low quality.
Probably a mix of both wind turbine and solar but you will be very limited in what both will give you. I doubt you'll have the drop or stream available to install a mini Pelton wheel for power.
Unless you can hook up to a phone company you'll need satellite, neither is a great option but phone is still cheaper and better.

Yeah if using phone, the signal would be so weakened they might not even be able to put in DSL. I've heard about this problem even here in Kentucky.
You're also up in the mountains, yeah it's a huge valley but if you look at cell phone coverage maps..............
Most people who buy these types of properties do so to go off grid besides there's no problem with building an earthbag or straw bale house, lots of labor but cheap.

The property is most likely undeveloped which means a well or cistern(water tank), septic and approved access road, heat (propane of wood), generator for electricity or oil lamps/candles and it may be inaccessible at times during the winter months without a snow mobile. As for growing pot the one in Trinidad is a quarter way up Raton Pass in the old Toyota dealership next to the Walmart right off of I 25 so it can be done but only inside where the temp can be .
Don't get me wrong by the way, not trying to discourage you, simply pointing out some things to do research on before taking the plunge.
Could be a good deal. :dunno:
I wouldn't mind having some property up in the mountains.

Is it windy enough up there to use a couple wind turbines for power? Or does it get enough sunlight to use solar power? Maybe a combination of the two? The only thing I wouldn't like about it, is having to use satellite internet because it is extremely expensive and low quality.
Probably a mix of both wind turbine and solar but you will be very limited in what both will give you. I doubt you'll have the drop or stream available to install a mini Pelton wheel for power.
Unless you can hook up to a phone company you'll need satellite, neither is a great option but phone is still cheaper and better.

Yeah if using phone, the signal would be so weakened they might not even be able to put in DSL. I've heard about this problem even here in Kentucky.
You're also up in the mountains, yeah it's a huge valley but if you look at cell phone coverage maps..............
Most people who buy these types of properties do so to go off grid besides there's no problem with building an earthbag or straw bale house, lots of labor but cheap.

Well if I build a house up there it would more than likely be one of the cargo shipping container homes I have been thinking about.

Well if I build a house up there it would more than likely be one of the cargo shipping container homes I have been thinking about.
Looked into that also. Turned out to be very expensive even moreso than stick built.

Why would a computer expert care to help your faggot shill ass?

Get you a 775 pentium single core Netburst, fucknut.

Faggot shill ass? Hmmm... ok. I'm neither gay nor a shill, but hey, whatever floats your boat. You can join B-Assman in dreaming about me in a homo way and I'll tell you the same thing, your not my type. I prefer flesh tacos.

Why would a computer expert care to help your faggot shill ass?

Get you a 775 pentium single core Netburst, fucknut.

Faggot shill ass? Hmmm... ok. I'm neither gay nor a shill, but hey, whatever floats your boat. You can join B-Assman in dreaming about me in a homo way and I'll tell you the same thing, your not my type. I prefer flesh tacos.

775 single-core Netburst is for you.

Looked into that also. Turned out to be very expensive even moreso than stick built.

What I like most about them is you can make them so that they are very little low maintenance. Get one and make sure you have all the rust off, and then spray it with that truck bed liner and they will hold up forever.

What I like most about them is you can make them so that they are very little low maintenance. Get one and make sure you have all the rust off, and then spray it with that truck bed liner and they will hold up forever.
Expensive install, low maintenance. Make sure you insulate the hell out of it...........

Expensive install, low maintenance. Make sure you insulate the hell out of it...........

From what I've read, you put in the drywall and then you use that expanding insulation spray and it fills all cracks and holes.

From what I've read, you put in the drywall and then you use that expanding insulation spray and it fills all cracks and holes.
Uummmmm, that's almost 8000 feet above sea level, the sun is intense to say the least and during the winter it can get so cold as to turn the inside of a metal box into a freezer.......... Trust me, you want it well insulated, Colorado ain't Kentucky.

Uummmmm, that's almost 8000 feet above sea level, the sun is intense to say the least and during the winter it can get so cold as to turn the inside of a metal box into a freezer.......... Trust me, you want it well insulated, Colorado ain't Kentucky.

Could always build it underground. :dance:

For that your best bet is to build it in a slope but on the outside of a slope not anywhere near the channels, monsoon season can be a bitch up in the mountains..........

There's a lot to know about living in the southwest and moreso living in the mountains, unless one has experienced it one has no concept, it's a completely different world than any lowlander can imagine. Best bet is to (if you can afford it) vacation for a week or two, experience the lack of oxygen, the harsh environment, the beauty and the majesty that no picture can convey, etc. And that's just the big cities......... :lol:

So all of a sudden today my Windows said it was not valid any longer. So I contacted Microsoft and they said the vendor I bought it from sold the key to multiple people. That's the bad news.

Good news is I showed them where I paid for it, and they generated a new key for me. So all is well.

Lewdog Your choice looks good. I've had two Toshibas and am now on my second Acer.

I can't count the times I've sworn that this time I'll get a Mac and I finally decided I would - until I sat down and really worked with one. We all get used to new ways of doing things but even though I was ready to spend the $, I just couldn't find a reason to believe it would be worth it.

I've also avoided Windows 10 but it's mostly the same. There are a couple of things that I'm not sure of but not a lot of problems with it.

Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Lewdog Your choice looks good. I've had two Toshibas and am now on my second Acer.

I can't count the times I've sworn that this time I'll get a Mac and I finally decided I would - until I sat down and really worked with one. We all get used to new ways of doing things but even though I was ready to spend the $, I just couldn't find a reason to believe it would be worth it.

I've also avoided Windows 10 but it's mostly the same. There are a couple of things that I'm not sure of but not a lot of problems with it.

Let us know what you decide and how you like it.

I ended up getting the one I originally posted. It should be here tomorrow. I also bought upper and lower rear trailing control arms for my truck. Amazon had a deal if you apply for their credit card and get approved you got an automatic $70 gift card so I did that too.

Just looked at your OP and adding -

I do a lot of writing and that's the one thing that is slightly different with Win10. How you save and then reload - argh.

And, I got my Acer from Amazon. There are things I don't like about Amazon but it's really nice to be able to everything in one place. We're miles from a small town Amazon serves our needs really well.

Just looked at your OP and adding -

I do a lot of writing and that's the one thing that is slightly different with Win10. How you save and then reload - argh.

And, I got my Acer from Amazon. There are things I don't like about Amazon but it's really nice to be able to everything in one place. We're miles from a small town Amazon serves our needs really well.

Well I have a student Amazon Prime account so not only are a lot of products cheaper, I get free 2 day shipping on most items. It only took longer this time because of the holiday.

So all of a sudden today my Windows said it was not valid any longer. So I contacted Microsoft and they said the vendor I bought it from sold the key to multiple people. That's the bad news.

Good news is I showed them where I paid for it, and they generated a new key for me. So all is well.
As long as you have proof. I tried it with proof not long after Win 10 came out and was told they wouldn't issue a new Win 7 key that I would have to buy a new copy of Win 10. I was pissed.

As long as you have proof. I tried it with proof not long after Win 10 came out and was told they wouldn't issue a new Win 7 key that I would have to buy a new copy of Win 10. I was pissed.

Yep I showed them the email and showed them on the site I bought it on that had my purchases logged.

Forum List

Back