Calling All Christians!

Nienna

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2005
Ohio
I'm asking anyone here to please, if you can, offer up a prayer for my baby niece, Tori. She is not even a month old yet, and she was taken to the hospital last Sunday with swelling all over her body. Her kidneys are malfunctioning. They don't know why yet, but there is a chance she could lose at least one of her kidneys and need a transplant. My sister and BIL are a mess, very exhausted and worried, of course. So if you have a moment, please lift a prayer for them. Thank you.

mom4 said:
I'm asking anyone here to please, if you can, offer up a prayer for my baby niece, Tori. She is not even a month old yet, and she was taken to the hospital last Sunday with swelling all over her body. Her kidneys are malfunctioning. They don't know why yet, but there is a chance she could lose at least one of her kidneys and need a transplant. My sister and BIL are a mess, very exhausted and worried, of course. So if you have a moment, please lift a prayer for them. Thank you.

Consider my prayer for your sister and your niece on the way. God bless you all.

Hey..... agnostics can send well wishes and positive thoughts your way, too! I'd be willing to bet Jews, Hindus and eve Muslims would be willing to offer the same....when a child is in need, it is important that we all send our best wishes.......it is a human response.

Fmr jarhead said:
Hey..... agnostics can send well wishes and positive thoughts your way, too! I'd be willing to bet Jews, Hindus and eve Muslims would be willing to offer the same....when a child is in need, it is important that we all send our best wishes.......it is a human response.
I'll assume that these are your good wishes, and I thank you sincerely for them.

Fmr jarhead said:

I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to ask, is this really an appropriate time for this? Your intentions may be good, but it seems to imply that Mom4 is guilty of not being "inclusive".
Anyone can and should send "good wishes" and "positive thoughts" if they feel so impelled, and I am sure that Mom would welcome those in the spirit in which they are given, but I am also sure that Mom really covets prayers to the Christian God, the One she believes answers prayer, and that is why she asked for them specifically. I see no problem with that.

Just found out this afternoon, bc of her kidney malfunction, she has some type of bacterial infection. So they have her on large doses of antibiotics. When the infection clears up, they are going to take a biopsy from one of her kidneys. She'll be in for at least a week, they said.

On the upside... my sister has calmed down a lot. She said she can feel that people are praying for her. Hopefully she'll be able to sleep a little now.

mom4 said:
Just found out this afternoon, bc of her kidney malfunction, she has some type of bacterial infection. So they have her on large doses of antibiotics. When the infection clears up, they are going to take a biopsy from one of her kidneys. She'll be in for at least a week, they said.

On the upside... my sister has calmed down a lot. She said she can feel that people are praying for her. Hopefully she'll be able to sleep a little now.

Thanks for the opportunity to let us do something that is important. :thup:

Abbey Normal said:
I don't want to derail the thread, but I have to ask, is this really an appropriate time for this? Your intentions may be good, but it seems to imply that Mom4 is guilty of not being "inclusive".
Then you should have PMd Fmr jarhead. I can assure you that your suspicions of what you think his post may imply, are incorrect.

My best wishes for the baby, and all, Mom.

Mr. P said:
Then you should have PMd Fmr jarhead. I can assure you that your suspicions of what you think his post may imply, are incorrect.

And the problem with it being posted here is???? :smoke:

mom4 said:

Glad to hear the good news.....

Mr. P said:

If this topic bugs you so much as a public discourse, you should have PM'ed me. Pretty hypocritical to do otherwise.

But the bottom line is, I don't need you to tell me how to post.

While I'll admit that yesterday I was pretty crabby, and could read something bad into anything... I took Mom's opening post/subject line much like Jarhead did... While I don't believe for one second it WAS intentional (given her previous posts), the implication was there...and given the nature of this board, it was only a matter of time before someone commented on it...

Regardless, she has my well wishes, and hopes that everything turns out fine.

Forum List

Back