Calling all Adrenaline Junkies!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Oh HELL YES! Sign me up for this one. .... well after they get the rip your arms and legs thing fixed. The video clip is great!

A theme park in London is set to debut a powerful new winged roller coaster this month, but only after first figuring out how not to dismember its riders. Time reports that Thorpe Park has been conducting test runs of its new coaster, the Swarm, even enlisting fighter pilots who described the ride as "gut-wrenching."

The self-described "flight through apocalyptic devastation on Europe's tallest winged rollercoaster" propels up to 28 riders at a time with their arms and legs dangling freely at 62 miles per hour and includes trips through an inverted 127-foot drop and several close encounters with walled structures that are designed to make passengers feel like they are about to crash.

[Zero-gravity roller coaster could bring weightless thrills to Earth]

New winged roller coaster

• Banned
I can hardly wait until they build something like this in the USA.

When it happens? I'm gonna have to go on a trip.

I know! I would have no problem making that a nice weekend trip...just for that.

:eusa_pray: Hopefully they would put one up near a major airport and not out in the middle of nowhere!

Thorpe Park is not that far from my place.... been there a few times. When it opens.... come over and we'll hit the place! :lol:

You and your brothers must give it a try when it does and report back.

Actually, why not talk her into getting one of those cameras you can wear on your head and post a video riding it?

CG.... get a damn helmet camera...and post it so ABS and i can see it real time!

You and your brothers must give it a try when it does and report back.

Actually, why not talk her into getting one of those cameras you can wear on your head and post a video riding it?

CG.... get a damn helmet camera...and post it so ABS and i can see it real time!

I've just emailed the article to bro and asked him if he can get his hands on a helmet cam... :lol::lol: I'm waiting for his response.

I've just emailed the article to bro and asked him if he can get his hands on a helmet cam... :lol::lol: I'm waiting for his response.

YAY!!! Did you show him the link?

Yea.... he reminded me that, last time he took me on a coaster - I managed to knock myself out and lost 4 months memory... :lol::lol: But..... he's up for it..... and thinks he can get his hands on a decent helmet cam. :cool::eek::lol:

Yea.... he reminded me that, last time he took me on a coaster - I managed to knock myself out and lost 4 months memory... :lol::lol: But..... he's up for it..... and thinks he can get his hands on a decent helmet cam. :cool::eek::lol:

:eek:

really? That must have been some bump you took! Did you get the memory back?

Eventually, yea. I did a thread about it a while back. :lol: I got off the ride and passed out. :lol::lol:

Eventually, yea. I did a thread about it a while back. :lol: I got off the ride and passed out. :lol::lol:

ok...so long as you didn't puke. :lol:

Part of what makes it so cool... is the out of control part. ;)

Forum List

Back