Call your reps and tell them what you think

Typical, just spouting off at the mouth. Didn't bother to look did you?

Blog 7/8th of the way down.
I did actually read the blog, and as usual you (and now PC) are drawing a ridiculous conclusion from it.

Perhaps I'll even point out the disconnect if you dispense with the silly accusations.

What conclusion did I draw from it? I missed PC's conclusion too, but I'll let her take care of herself and just have you tell me what my conclusion was.

I can tell you my point was that you were implying that she made up the whole thing (receiving signals on her fillings) and what she reported was factual.

But, you go ahead and tell me what my conclusion was.
No need. You already told me what your conclusion was: that I was implying PC made the whole thing up. And - no big surprise - I never suggested any such thing: the singals-in-fillings comment referred only to the conspiratorial nature of her suggestion that the WH is somehow coming after anyone who disagrees with them.

Okay?

I did actually read the blog, and as usual you (and now PC) are drawing a ridiculous conclusion from it.

Perhaps I'll even point out the disconnect if you dispense with the silly accusations.

What conclusion did I draw from it? I missed PC's conclusion too, but I'll let her take care of herself and just have you tell me what my conclusion was.

I can tell you my point was that you were implying that she made up the whole thing (receiving signals on her fillings) and what she reported was factual.

No need. You already told me what your conclusion was: that I was implying PC made the whole thing up. And - no big surprise - I never suggested any such thing: the singals-in-fillings comment referred only to the conspiratorial nature of her suggestion that the WH is somehow coming after anyone who disagrees with them.

Okay?

Hmph! Disingenuous twaddle. If this:

Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about energy reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]."

appeared on Dick Cheney's web site last year the libs would be apoplectic. We would have been treated to another round of how their civil rights were being denied and how the Gestapo were out in full force trying to get neighbors to inform on neighbors. But, since it's the Bama and not Dick Cheney it's ok.

I call Bullshit. It's bad either way. What is the point of informing to the government when you see "something fishy?" Just what IS the point?

First of all, liberals claim to know what is better for the rest of us:

Second, should you voice any disapproval the Red Guard wants you reported immediately:
You forgot the part about how they're sending radio signals from the fillings in your teeth. :cuckoo:

This is the best you can do?

As an American, you're not incensed that the White House is asking Americans to 'turn in' those who voice alternate views?

I try to respect those on the other side, but when you shrug off something as offensive to the spirit of America, some sort of 'bully pulpit' attempt at intimidation, it indicts you and all of the other leftists that accept this.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Okay?

Since we can’t keep track of all of them here at the White House, we’re asking for your help. If you get an email or see something on the web about energy reform that seems fishy, send it to [email protected]."

appeared on Dick Cheney's web site last year the libs would be apoplectic. We would have been treated to another round of how their civil rights were being denied and how the Gestapo were out in full force trying to get neighbors to inform on neighbors. But, since it's the Bama and not Dick Cheney it's ok.

I call Bullshit. It's bad either way. What is the point of informing to the government when you see "something fishy?" Just what IS the point?
First, I don't want to hear about your twaddle: they make pads and tampons for such things.

Second, I call bullshit on your and CP's claim of wanting neighbors to inform on one another. Apparently neither of you read the blog, or you decided to pretend it says what you want it to. The point has already been stated in at least one other thread, and is really fairly obvious:

All the WH cares about are the actual claims they hope to debunk, not who sent them or who is talking about them. "...f you see something that seems fishy, send it..." It does NOT say "send us the name of the author."

Okay?

First, I don't want to hear about your twaddle: they make pads and tampons for such things.

Second, I call bullshit on your and CP's claim of wanting neighbors to inform on one another. Apparently neither of you read the blog, or you decided to pretend it says what you want it to. The point has already been stated in at least one other thread, and is really fairly obvious:

All the WH cares about are the actual claims they hope to debunk, not who sent them or who is talking about them. "...f you see something that seems fishy, send it..." It does NOT say "send us the name of the author."

Good lord, you're an idiot!

My fault though, I think I knew that. I kinda forgot though.

PC, I suggest we extricate ourselves from this "conversation" taking the advice of the old saw, "If you argue with an idiot, it's hard to tell who the idiot really is."

Good lord, you're an idiot!

My fault though, I think I knew that. I kinda forgot though.

PC, I suggest we extricate ourselves from this "conversation" taking the advice of the old saw, "If you argue with an idiot, it's hard to tell who the idiot really is."
:eusa_drool:
Considering what you claim you kinda forgot, I'd agree that the best thing for you right now would be to slink off in defeat.

FWIW, if anyone is interested in reading the blog it's here:

Blog

The title of the piece in question is "Facts Are Stubborn Things". Right now it's near the bottom of the 1st page.

Don't tell me you already forgot what happened to the Dixie Chicks. :eusa_whistle:

What happened to 'em? They choose to exercise their right to freedom of speech and other people exercised their right to freedom of speech and right to assemble. They also exercised the power of the pocketbook by not buying CD or attending concerts.

Not a thing wrong with that.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from the consequences of that speech.
Then I guess you agree that Lookout Gribble should keep its opinions to itself. Either that, or you're a liberal spy. :lol:

What I agree with is Actions Have Consequences.

Or in country idiom...if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Don't tell me you already forgot what happened to the Dixie Chicks. :eusa_whistle:

What happened to 'em? They choose to exercise their right to freedom of speech and other people exercised their right to freedom of speech and right to assemble. They also exercised the power of the pocketbook by not buying CD or attending concerts.

And Maines never backed down from her statement, and repeated it three years later at the same venue. They also crossed over into Pop and their album still debuted at number one which they also won I think three grammy's for. The biggest problem was country music didn't like the fact these women were speaking their mind.

Not true.

Had the mind they spoke been "I support the war and the troops who are bravely fighting it", the reaction would have been completely the reverse of what took place.

So it wasn't women speaking their minds that was objectionable, but the message itself.

So it wasn't women speaking their minds that was objectionable, but the message itself.
Right: the message that they were ashamed to be Texan. Now Lookout is saying the same thing about America. Does this make Lookout an exception to your "Actions have Consequences" rule?

Right: the message that they were ashamed to be Texan. Now Lookout is saying the same thing about America. Does this make Lookout an exception to your "Actions have Consequences" rule?

First, it's not my rule, it is a rule.

Second, obviously your opinion of Lookout is affected by his post, therefore it had a consequence. No exception required.

Third, had you followed the Forum Poster's Corollary to the Carpenter's Rule..."think twice, post once", you would have figured that out on your own.

Last edited:

You're still a fucking idiot.

They did not say they were ashamed to be a Texan!

They said and I quote "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas."

Here is the phone numbers to all the representatives in Washington. Call them and let them know just what you think about our declining nation and the piss poor job they have done and are doing and that we the people will not stand by and let them implement fascism.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Office of the Clerk

I for one am disgusted by the arrogance and ignorance of our government and our non representing representatives. I served in the armed forces (ARMY) infentry. My father fought in WWII. My grandfather fought in Korea. I am a patriot through and through but at this point in time I am absolutely ashamed to be an American. Not because of the general publics ignorance and arrogance, not because of corporate America and its greed but simply because the people that are in office are allowing our country to fall into the toilet. It is a sad day for America and fight as I will and can and I will not give up, today I stand ashamed with head bowed.

Well, by God, if you ashamed of this nation, move on. With all it's faults, and they are no more than any other nation on earth, and considerably less than many, I am proud of this nation and proud to be an American.

As far as your lineage goes, I can show a geneology that goes back to the Revolutionary War, and to New Amsterdam. And I am proud, as an American, to see our nation moving on toward making this a fairer and better society. I will do all in my power to keep the nation moving in that direction.

By the way, I think you inverted the wars your Grandfather and Father served in. WW2 predated Korea, just in case you hadn't noticed.

Sounds more like MaggieMae's playbook.

Missouri, you are correct on that. However, enough people that felt that the Dixie Chicks were correct, it made no differance, the young ladies still have made a bundle.

Here is the phone numbers to all the representatives in Washington. Call them and let them know just what you think about our declining nation and the piss poor job they have done and are doing and that we the people will not stand by and let them implement fascism.

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Office of the Clerk

I for one am disgusted by the arrogance and ignorance of our government and our non representing representatives. I served in the armed forces (ARMY) infentry. My father fought in WWII. My grandfather fought in Korea. I am a patriot through and through but at this point in time I am absolutely ashamed to be an American. Not because of the general publics ignorance and arrogance, not because of corporate America and its greed but simply because the people that are in office are allowing our country to fall into the toilet. It is a sad day for America and fight as I will and can and I will not give up, today I stand ashamed with head bowed.

Well, by God, if you ashamed of this nation, move on. With all it's faults, and they are no more than any other nation on earth, and considerably less than many, I am proud of this nation and proud to be an American.

As far as your lineage goes, I can show a geneology that goes back to the Revolutionary War, and to New Amsterdam. And I am proud, as an American, to see our nation moving on toward making this a fairer and better society. I will do all in my power to keep the nation moving in that direction.

By the way, I think you inverted the wars your Grandfather and Father served in. WW2 predated Korea, just in case you hadn't noticed.

hypocrite,, the guy you elected is ashamed of this country, that's why he wants such radical change,, and his wife?? she was 45 the first time she could whisper about being "proud of my country" sucks donut? to be such a hypocrite.

Forum List

Back