Call your doctor if you can't sit or stand for 30 minutes?

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Actonel ad. I love the side effects. They're always worse than whatever the hell it's supposed to treat.

If you can't sit or stand, does that mean you're floating? Or can only lie flat on your back, in which case...are you physically ABLE to call the doctor?

Call your doctor if you can't sit or stand for 30 minutes?

When you take Actonel, Fosamax, or Boniva, you need to be able to remain upright for at least 30 minutes (60 minutes for Boniva) after taking the pill.

If you cannot remain upright for that period of time and if you happen to lie down and the pill happens to reflux from your stomach and get stuck in your esophagus, the pill will erode a hole in your esophagus and kill you.

No big whoop.

• Banned
Good grief, they should probably explain that.

But there was also some disturbing information of weird shit it does to the JAWBONES of users. WTH is in that stuff that it demolishes jaw bones?

I'm still trying to figure out why a three hour and fifty-nine minute erection is okay, but at four hours you need to call a doctor...

• Banned
Also call the doctor if you go BLIND.

I guess ma was right after all....

have you seen the one for chantix? It sounds safer to keep smoking than it would be to take it.

My mom did get restless leg from some medication they have put her on, I always thought it was some made up sydrome to sell medication. :lol:

No, restless leg syndrome is very real. My mom has it, and so do I though I haven't been diagnosed. Clonipin (clonopin?) is what they gave her for it. She also has other nervous stuff...like jaw chomping, nerve spasms etc. My jaw also spasms every now and then, lots of fun especially with braces.

I take xanax which seems to have eliminated the jimmy leg thing.

I'm still trying to figure out why a three hour and fifty-nine minute erection is okay, but at four hours you need to call a doctor...

Four hours is the point at which the penile tissue starts to necrose.

Good grief, they should probably explain that.

But there was also some disturbing information of weird shit it does to the JAWBONES of users. WTH is in that stuff that it demolishes jaw bones?

It works by inhibiting the activity of osteoclasts, which are the cells that cause bone breakdown.

I am not sure exactly what mechanism these meds can lead to osteonecrosis of the jaw. It is a rare side-effect that is far more common in the IV form compared to the oral form (94% to 6%).

No, restless leg syndrome is very real. My mom has it, and so do I though I haven't been diagnosed. Clonipin (clonopin?) is what they gave her for it. She also has other nervous stuff...like jaw chomping, nerve spasms etc. My jaw also spasms every now and then, lots of fun especially with braces.

I take xanax which seems to have eliminated the jimmy leg thing.
I get the jaw spasms, have since I was in junior high. They were going to give me prozac for IBS when I was in high school. I just changed my diet and really have no problem with it now.

Sometimes it's just best to learn to deal with things.

My mom has had both hips replaced, surgery to remove 4 inch bone spurs from her back. She lives in pain associated with back and hips and sleep disorder besides...her leg thrashing at night was not fun for her, so she's ok with the meds. She doesn't take pain meds or sleep aids, and she's 75, a nurse, and still working.

And the jaw thing is exceedingly annoying for those around her who have to listen to her champ her teeth.

Forum List

Back