'Call of Duty' and Mass Murders: Are Video Games Too Violent?

Bottom line parents have gotten lazy.

Agreed. TV and videogames tag in as parents when the parents feel like they could use a break from parenting.

TV and Videogames tag in as parents? On what planet? Does the tv wash their clothes, feed them and lead them through their daily existence until the become self sufficient?

I think that this is more generational spite that older folks get. You're mad when kids are entertained, but back in the day "the sandlot" "tagged in as parents" when the parents needed a break? N'aw. The parents stayed the parents. The parents still are the parents.

If your daughter had gone to school with no coat, you'd still have gotten a visit from the police.

Bullies used to get the crap knocked out of them before the bullying got out of hand. The insane were locked up. Most people had guns for their own protection and used them.

Every thing liberals did in the name of making things better has actually made it worse.

Bottom line parents have gotten lazy. Either on purpose (just don't care) or because of outside pressure (busy lives or through fear of authorities)

An example:

My oldest daughter was about 15 and on a cold morning was arguing with mu wife about not wanting to wear a coat because it wasn't cool. The argument escalated to my daughter calling her mom a bitch. I instantly slapped he across the face a put her coat on myself.

2 hours later the police showed up at my door after being called by a school official. After a long discussion that got semi heated they told me if they were called again I would be going to jail.

And corporal punishment wasn't done in my house since they were SMALL children.

Many children know that they can push boundries because of this political correct bullshit.

I dont think parents got lazy, I think parents are getting better.

And you should probably edit your personal story man.

Aside from that, hitting kids is wrong for many many reasons in my opinion. I know tons of people who weren't ever hit, and are all well adjusted people. Hitting is what's being lazy, because you can't intellectually solve the issue.

No need to edit it. The only opinions that matter are mine and those of my now grown children. She looks back on that incident now and thanks me for being the backbone of the family. We are very close.

As far as being an intellectual with an overly rebelious child all I can say is...lol

All children respond differently to different parenting styles. Some children need nothing more than to hear a stern voice while others like me wind up in jail. Different strokes bud. Had I had a bit of stern dicipline who knows how things might have been different.

Bottom line parents have gotten lazy. Either on purpose (just don't care) or because of outside pressure (busy lives or through fear of authorities)

An example:

My oldest daughter was about 15 and on a cold morning was arguing with mu wife about not wanting to wear a coat because it wasn't cool. The argument escalated to my daughter calling her mom a bitch. I instantly slapped he across the face a put her coat on myself.

2 hours later the police showed up at my door after being called by a school official. After a long discussion that got semi heated they told me if they were called again I would be going to jail.

And corporal punishment wasn't done in my house since they were SMALL children.

Many children know that they can push boundries because of this political correct bullshit.

Aside from that, hitting kids is wrong for many many reasons in my opinion. I know tons of people who weren't ever hit, and are all well adjusted people. Hitting is what's being lazy, because you can't intellectually solve the issue.

No need to edit it. The only opinions that matter are mine and those of my now grown children. She looks back on that incident now and thanks me for being the backbone of the family. We are very close.

As far as being an intellectual with an overly rebelious child all I can say is...lol

All children respond differently to different parenting styles. Some children need nothing more than to hear a stern voice while others like me wind up in jail. Different strokes bud. Had I had a bit of stern dicipline who knows how things might have been different.

Hitting isn't discipline. It's Violent coercion to produce an outcome. It's not teaching a child to act a certain way for the correct reasons, but instead "to avoid pain."

Teaching your kids what morals they should abide by and why is what makes them last. Violence begets violence.

Hitting isn't discipline. It's Violent coercion to produce an outcome. It's not teaching a child to act a certain way for the correct reasons, but instead "to avoid pain."

Teaching your kids what morals they should abide by and why is what makes them last. Violence begets violence.

Opinion

But its yours and its valid. We will have to agree to disagree. We gain nothing by arguing.

A better assumption is that some kids are born with a defective brain, some kids are born into horrible home-life situations and can't handle it, and some kids become psychotic due to drugs.

I agree, but you'll never hear an anti-gun liberal admit that it could be mental issues or bad home situations.

Forum List

Back