Call me crazy...

somebody define what a "landslide" is.

By modern electoral politics, winning by 7 or 8 percentage points is a landslide. Poppy Bush only beat the hapless Dukkakis by 7 percent. And that was a blow out.

I think Clinton only beat old man Dole by 8 percent. And that was a rout.

I never in my wildest dreams thought Obama could blow out McCain in 1996 Clinton versus Dole fashion. Although the polls seem to suggest a rout near that magnitude. I still don't think Obama will win by 8 percent.

I don't think it will be 8 percent either. I think it will be more.

Obama overperformed in the primaries by +2 points. If anything I would guess that the difference would be even more extreme now.

somebody define what a "landslide" is.

By modern electoral politics, winning by 7 or 8 percentage points is a landslide. Poppy Bush only beat the hapless Dukkakis by 7 percent. And that was a blow out.

I think Clinton only beat old man Dole by 8 percent. And that was a rout.

I never in my wildest dreams thought Obama could blow out McCain in 1996 Clinton versus Dole fashion. Although the polls seem to suggest a rout near that magnitude. I still don't think Obama will win by 8 percent.
Remember Duhbya's mandate? That was a landslide. lol

I suppose all the conservatives that have written scathingly about Palin are just being pc.

:badgrin:

I think any objective observer would agree that the coverage of Obama has been overwhelming favorable and the coverage of McCain has been overwhelmingly negative.

I think this coupled with the general "PC" environment we live in could possibly be causing havoc in the polls. It's just my opinion. Until November 5th we won't know.

Last edited:
The whole reason they brought up the Bradley effect lately is to cover for the fraud.

On whose part? The major media's?

Most people think the Bradley Effect is something to with racism. It's not. It has to do with people feeling they cannot honestly express themselves in polls without being thought of racist.

You have a logical argument there PaperBoy, but it has two sides. My siblings and I have traditionally, albeit half-heartedly, voted republican, right down to Bush 2 in 2000, and we are all supporting Obama this year. No big deal I know, but combine this with a lot of friends and other people we know who have switched from a 'whatever' republican vote to an 'excited' Obama vote with the fact that none of us has spoken to anyone who has ever been polled, and I think McCain may just get his ass handed to him on the 4th...

And note that we are voting Obama, not 'Democratic' - we all agree that Pelosi and her buddies are trash in need of removal...

Not scientific I know, but it wouldn't be my first gut feeling that panned out.

Exciting election, eh?

-Joe

McCain may very well get his head handed to him.

However if you and your relatives don't want your heads handed to you, no matter how appealing a personality Obama may be, he will be totaly beholden to Pelosi and Reid and their far left agenda.

Last edited:
I think any objective observer would agree that the coverage of Obama has been overwhelming favorable and the coverage of McCain has been overwhelmingly negative.

I think this coupled with the general "PC" environment we live in cold possibly be causing havoc in the polls. It's just my opinion. Until November 5th we won't know.
I doubt it. It's the reporting of Obama's decisions in the press that led me to not believe he was the Messiah. McCain's negativity shines through without the press reporting on it.

And why "conservatives" don't want the press to do their job will always be a mystery to me.

You morons crack me up, seriously.

Why don't you find us another story about some halfwit pretending to be attacked by a black man.

McCain may very well get his head handed to him.

However if you and your relatives don't want your heads handed to you, no matter how appealing a personality Obama may be, he will be totaly beholden to Pelosi and Reid and their far left agenda.

The appeal is not Obama's personality... The appeal is his leadership skills and vision. Two things sorely lacking in American politics.

-Joe

Last edited:
I've been waiting since 1992 to see a president who could make American greener. It has been good to see public sentiment move greener on this. Good to have green options like alternative fuels, too, which people can take or leave (appeals to my libertarian side).

I am happy that both candidates are interested in using science-based evidence to come up with greener policies, my top issue both candidates are on the right side.

Palin isn't, of course, and anyone that says that Palin-bashers can't express why they dislike her so much, hasn't talked to me.

Obama's policies across the board are just a little bit better than McCains. Environmentally, he is stronger. Job creation, he is stronger. Multilateralism, he is stronger. etc.

I've been waiting since 1992 to see a president who could make American greener. It has been good to see public sentiment move greener on this. Good to have green options like alternative fuels, too, which people can take or leave (appeals to my libertarian side).

I am happy that both candidates are interested in using science-based evidence to come up with greener policies, my top issue both candidates are on the right side.

Palin isn't, of course, and anyone that says that Palin-bashers can't express why they dislike her so much, hasn't talked to me.

Obama's policies across the board are just a little bit better than McCains. Environmentally, he is stronger. Job creation, he is stronger. Multilateralism, he is stronger. etc.

How is Obama stronger on job creation?

Sorry to say but with economy in the toilet, gas prices up and the polar caps getting bigger I think green will be taking a back seat for awhile.

Well, I suppose it is a good thing that gas prices are down and polar caps are shrinking, then.

Obama is better on job creation because it is one of his central campaign promises. He talks about it at every rally. Also, remember that job creation was better under clinton than bush.

McCain ships jobs overseas and has not called for job creation at all, only said that tax cuts for business owners helps create jobs - a position that Obama agrees with but which is not in any way sufficient for the sort of job creation that can turn this around.

Creating 5 million jobs in alternative energy is a repeating theme in the obama camapign. I have said for years that the environment is an opportunity for job creation. Obama thinks so too. In addition to all the other reasons I agree with him (reducing poverty to reduce abortion, for one example), I agree 100% that environmental challenges are an opportunity for economic growth. We need new technologies and manufacture of 21st century energy alternatives. That's new industry and jobs.

You know how people say that nothing bad seems to stick to Obama? It is because he recognizes every hard knock whether it is a personal attack or an economic downturn or the climate, as an opportunity. Even the Wright issue, he turned into what was called the most important speech on race relations in a generation. That's impressive.

He's absolutely right - hardship always presents opportunity.

Remember how 9/11 saw the world come together for the US? That was an opportunity to build strong global alliance. Guess who blew it with unilateralism?

When the world is in the crapper opportunity abounds. Obama sees it, and says how he is going to capitalize on it to make us stronger. McCain, not so much.

But I am still content with Mccain over Bush, because mccain values science and moderation.

Last edited:
Obama is better on job creation because it is one of his central campaign promises. He talks about it at every rally.

I feel so much better.

But seriously here is what will create jobs:

1. Do not raise taxes on small businesses (as Obama proposes). Better yet cut them as McCain proposes.
2. Cut corporate taxes to somewhere near the level of Ireland as McCain proposes.
3. Do not increase Capital Gains as Obama proposes.
3. Have an all of the above energy policy which Obama doesn't have and McCain does.

Obama wants you more dependent on government.

Job creation under Clinton was mostly due to the Tech Explosion which Clinton had zero do with yet Clinton managed to leave office with the country in a recession.

Last edited:
They will lose the moderates if they try to go big on government. Take it from me.

Forum List

Back