Call me crazy...

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
...and I'm sure many of you will but I think that the polls are way off. Here's my reasoning:

We live in a world that more and more demands "political correctness". Combine this with the major medias overwhelming support for Obama and it is amazing that anyone who is for McCain speaks to a pollster.

Apparently the number of people who hang up on pollsters is extremely high. It would seem to me then that any poll taken would have an unusually high number of Republicans and Independents who are for Obama as many McCain supporters, due to political correctness, would not want to announce their support to a stranger.

Likely I am wrong. It's just a gut feeling. But something tells me this race is much closer then the polls show as the polls are not taking into account a large number of McCain supporters who do not wish to be polled.

You heard it hear first.

You are and the polls aren't off, but keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

obama.jpg

...and I'm sure many of you will but I think that the polls are way off. Here's my reasoning:

We live in a world that more and more demands "political correctness". Combine this with the major medias overwhelming support for Obama and it is amazing that anyone who is for McCain speaks to a pollster.

Apparently the number of people who hang up on pollsters is extremely high. It would seem to me then that any poll taken would have an unusually high number of Republicans and Independents who are for Obama as many McCain supporters, due to political correctness, would not want to announce their support to a stranger.

Likely I am wrong. It's just a gut feeling. But something tells me this race is much closer then the polls show as the polls are not taking into account a large number of McCain supporters who do not wish to be polled.

You heard it hear first.

I would be shocked if Obama won by 8 or 9 points, as the polls indicate.

That would be a blow out of EPIC proportions. Reagan only beat Carter in 1980 by 9 points, and that was one of the biggest blow outs ever.

Once you factor in Republican voter suppression, and the fact that the GOP base is incredibly loyal, even as their party drove us over the cliff, I think the final tally will be much closer than the composite poll average of 8 points where is stands today.

You are and the polls aren't off, but keep thinking that if it makes you feel better.

obama.jpg

Really? I'm one of the people that refuse to talk to the people asking me who I'm voting for.. Simply because when I answered one truthfully, I was asked if I was "Sure?" and if I still wasn't "Undecided". Tell me that wasn't someone trying to change my answer because he didn't like it...

The whole reason they brought up the Bradley effect lately is to cover for the fraud.

Call me crazy...

.... okay, you are crazy. You listen to one poll you get one result, you listen to another, you get another result. You listen to 50 you get 50 different results.

Polls are useless! As useless as cable news broadcasting the vote count on the East Coast the night of the election .... and announcing the "progected" winner while we on the West Coast are still voting ..... it is just plain nuts!! :cuckoo:

Not to mention the trends used to favor mac and have shifted O in line with all the bad news about Palin, fundraising, the economy -

You are nuts. :) For your theory to hold water the trends would have always been pro-obama.

You heard it hear first.

Could it be that the something that is telling you the polls are way off is Fox News?

You heard it hear first.

You have a logical argument there PaperBoy, but it has two sides. My siblings and I have traditionally, albeit half-heartedly, voted republican, right down to Bush 2 in 2000, and we are all supporting Obama this year. No big deal I know, but combine this with a lot of friends and other people we know who have switched from a 'whatever' republican vote to an 'excited' Obama vote with the fact that none of us has spoken to anyone who has ever been polled, and I think McCain may just get his ass handed to him on the 4th...

And note that we are voting Obama, not 'Democratic' - we all agree that Pelosi and her buddies are trash in need of removal...

Not scientific I know, but it wouldn't be my first gut feeling that panned out.

Exciting election, eh?

-Joe

.... okay, you are crazy. You listen to one poll you get one result, you listen to another, you get another result. You listen to 50 you get 50 different results.

Polls are useless! As useless as cable news broadcasting the vote count on the East Coast the night of the election .... and announcing the "progected" winner while we on the West Coast are still voting ..... it is just plain nuts!! :cuckoo:

will you reply to david S's poll threads the same way?

Y'all have no problem flaunting those poll results when they show Obama in the lead. But as soon as someone pipes up and says there may not be a very big landslide, suddenly, polls are bullshit.

Odd, huh?

:lol:
Y'all have no problem flaunting those poll results when they show Obama in the lead. But as soon as someone pipes up and says there may not be a very big landslide, suddenly, polls are bullshit.

Odd, huh?

You read minds now :confused: You really are good, Ms Cleo! If I have "flaunted a poll" .... I must have forgotten. :eusa_shifty: Got a link? That should keep you busy for a few minutes. lol :lol:

somebody define what a "landslide" is.

By modern electoral politics, winning by 7 or 8 percentage points is a landslide. Poppy Bush only beat the hapless Dukkakis by 7 percent. And that was a blow out.

I think Clinton only beat old man Dole by 8 percent. And that was a rout.

I never in my wildest dreams thought Obama could blow out McCain in 1996 Clinton versus Dole fashion. Although the polls seem to suggest a rout near that magnitude. I still don't think Obama will win by 8 percent.

Forum List

Back