Call me crazy

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by clumzgirl, Mar 27, 2004.

1. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Am I the only one who yells at the TV during the evening news? I can't stand to listen to one more story on the "he-said, she-said" of the 9/11 hearings. Perhaps I've missed the boat, but shouldn't we be blaming the radical Muslims for the attacks, instead of pointing the finger at each other? The Democrats would have us believe we practically begged to be attacked and then ignored the warning signs. Let's put the blame where it belongs!

2. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Praise the lord (in a secular way, mind you) someone actually GETS IT!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    :clap: :clap:

Welcome to the board, clumzgirl :)

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

Another smart member ! :)

Welcome !

5. Comrade

Comrade Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Did anyone catch Gore Vidal on Bill Maher's latest HBO edition this week?

Even though there was one nominal "neo-con" at the table, the BS that went uncommented on by Vidal made me stand up and scream at the tele.

6. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    No, you're not. I told Musicman I'm going to ban him from watching TV if he doesn't stop. His pressure HAS to go up. Of course, it doesn't stop with just the evening news. He is soooo aware of the messages that are being sent over the airwaves he gets upset with even some of the sitcoms. But he's right.

7. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Didn't happen to catch that, Comrade. We're still using rabbit-ears. Evidently, no great loss, though.

Bill Maher- what a clown. Having him host a show called, "Politically Incorrect", was akin to tapping Adolph Hitler to host a program celebrating the unique cultural contributions of Judaism. Night after night of the same kind of crap you just described.

Then came "The Night". The idiot opined that whatever else you said about the 9/11 hijackers, you couldn't call them, "cowards". The public outrage was so swift and furious, the only thing that would do was his severed head on a pike.

After years on the air, and thousands of imbecilic utterances, Bill Maher had finally, actually, said something "politically incorrect", and it cost him his job.

I have to chuckle every time I think about it.

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I don't watch TV anymore. I get my news on the radio, and I'm not talking NPR, either. That's even more liberal than CNN.

9. clumzgirl

clumzgirl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    And I've pretty much stopped watching the evening news too. But sometimes the masochistic urge takes over and I feel I have to "catch up" on what I've been missing on liberal TV. I've turned to AM radio as well. I find the reports there to be much more balanced--the rest of the story, so to speak. I've heard FOX is a bit better than most stations, but I haven't had cable in a couple years so I can't say for sure.

10. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Well not according to the Liberals here, but my personal opinion is Fox is one of the best.:)