Call me crazy

clumzgirl

Mar 27, 2004
ohio
Am I the only one who yells at the TV during the evening news? I can't stand to listen to one more story on the "he-said, she-said" of the 9/11 hearings. Perhaps I've missed the boat, but shouldn't we be blaming the radical Muslims for the attacks, instead of pointing the finger at each other? The Democrats would have us believe we practically begged to be attacked and then ignored the warning signs. Let's put the blame where it belongs!

Originally posted by clumzgirl
Perhaps I've missed the boat, but shouldn't we be blaming the radical Muslims for the attacks, instead of pointing the finger at each other?

:clap: :clap:

Welcome to the board, clumzgirl :)

Did anyone catch Gore Vidal on Bill Maher's latest HBO edition this week?

Even though there was one nominal "neo-con" at the table, the BS that went uncommented on by Vidal made me stand up and scream at the tele.

Am I the only one who yells at the TV during the evening news?

No, you're not. I told Musicman I'm going to ban him from watching TV if he doesn't stop. His pressure HAS to go up. Of course, it doesn't stop with just the evening news. He is soooo aware of the messages that are being sent over the airwaves he gets upset with even some of the sitcoms. But he's right.

Originally posted by Comrade
Did anyone catch Gore Vidal on Bill Maher's latest HBO edition this week?

Even though there was one nominal "neo-con" at the table, the BS that went uncommented on by Vidal made me stand up and scream at the tele.

Didn't happen to catch that, Comrade. We're still using rabbit-ears. Evidently, no great loss, though.

Bill Maher- what a clown. Having him host a show called, "Politically Incorrect", was akin to tapping Adolph Hitler to host a program celebrating the unique cultural contributions of Judaism. Night after night of the same kind of crap you just described.

Then came "The Night". The idiot opined that whatever else you said about the 9/11 hijackers, you couldn't call them, "cowards". The public outrage was so swift and furious, the only thing that would do was his severed head on a pike.

After years on the air, and thousands of imbecilic utterances, Bill Maher had finally, actually, said something "politically incorrect", and it cost him his job.

I have to chuckle every time I think about it.

Thanks for the warm welcome.
And I've pretty much stopped watching the evening news too. But sometimes the masochistic urge takes over and I feel I have to "catch up" on what I've been missing on liberal TV. I've turned to AM radio as well. I find the reports there to be much more balanced--the rest of the story, so to speak. I've heard FOX is a bit better than most stations, but I haven't had cable in a couple years so I can't say for sure.

Well not according to the Liberals here, but my personal opinion is Fox is one of the best.:)

welcome clumzgirl,

This 'Liberals' opinion is that while Fox may be good news, its certainly slanted to the republican side. Others are slanted to the liberal side as well so I guess theres a balance needed but I certainly wouldn't depend on one single network for my news.

You are crazy. Also a hypocrite.

You wrote: “I can't stand to listen to one more story on the "he-said, she-said" of the 9/11 hearings” and then in your next sentence wrote: “shouldn't we be blaming the radical Muslims for the attacks, instead of pointing the finger at each other?”

You then conclude by blaming the democrats writing: “The Democrats would have us believe we practically begged to be attacked and then ignored the warning signs.” Your pointing your finger at the democrats in the best tradition of Washington he-said, she said, they said style, is a remarkable example of self-righteous hypocrisy.

Sorry but I don't share your view, I fail to see hypocrisy, what I see are personal observations.

"You then conclude by blaming the democrats writing: “The Democrats would have us believe we practically begged to be attacked and then ignored the warning signs.” Your pointing your finger at the democrats in the best tradition of Washington he-said, she said, they said style, is a remarkable example of self-righteous hypocrisy."

--Ouch. I'm not blaming the Democrats for anything but fostering more bipartisanship. You'd think we could ban together to face a common enemy, but apparently, campagin tactics are more important and profitable.

Oops! There I go again, blaming the Democrats.

Gee, I wonder why that is?...(in case you didn't catch the sarcasm, that's a rhetorical question.)

--Ouch. I'm not blaming the Democrats for anything but fostering more bipartisanship. You'd think we could ban together to face a common enemy, but apparently, campagin tactics are more important and profitable.

Gee, I wonder why that is?...(in case you didn't catch the sarcasm, that's a rhetorical question.)

I like you.

Clumzgirl, welcome to the board. I tend to see things from the Republican point of view (go figure!) but I do tend to yell at the TV sometimes, especially if I am watching CNN or MSNBC.

Hope to see you around!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
This 'Liberals' opinion is that while Fox may be good news, its certainly slanted to the republican side. Others are slanted to the liberal side as well so I guess theres a balance needed but I certainly wouldn't depend on one single network for my news.

The problem is any news that showed both conservative and liberal viewpoints would be accused of being slanted towards conservatives because truth always looks better than a lie.

Since all tv is is a 27" (or whatever your screensize) sub-hypnotic state producing sewerpipe, I don't watch it.

Since media is biased, I don't listen to the radio or read the paper either.

I just keep my head in a fishbowl.

fishbowl.jpg

Forum List

Back