Call made to kick Lieberman out of the Democratic party

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:dunno:
(Bridgeport-WTNH, Aug. 21, 2006 6:00 PM) _ One group claims Lieberman is trying to start a fake political party and another says Lieberman is a fake Democrat and should be kicked out of the Democratic party.

by Chief Political Correspondent Mark Davis
Joe Lieberman says he is a Democrat and always will be and that he's running in November as an Independent petitioning Democrat.

Some democrats in New Haven, where Lieberman lives and votes, say they want him kicked out of the party.

Joe Lieberman had another of his 'Cup of Joe with Joe' stops in Bridgeport today but while he was there a group of New Haven area residents was confronting the New Haven Democratic Registrar of Voters with a petition.

"We're here to ask that 'public law 9-61' be invoked and that Joe Lieberman be removed as a member of the democratic party," Henry Lowendorf, New Haven.

Registrar Sharon Ferrucci said she'd have to check the books.

The statute reads in part 'that evidence supporting discretionary erasure or exclusion includes being a candidate for office under the designation of another party or organization'.

Lieberman has formed his own party line called Connecticut for Lieberman.

"Kick him out of the party, he's running against the candidate that the Democratic party chose in a vote!"

"As a lawyer, I really, at least know that I should not offer legal opinions until some lawyer looks at that, I think it's a divisive move," says Lieberman.

And while he was on his tour of the New Colony diner in Bridgeport today, not everyone was receptive of his pitch that he wants to give all voters a chance to decide.

"That's a way of looking at it, another way is you being a sore loser," says Adam Mocciolo, Waterbury.
"Oh no no, in the end the public will decide," says Lieberman.

Ned Lamont's campaign declined to comment on the move to kick Lieberman out of the Democratic Party saying only that Lieberman should abide by the decision of primary voters.

"Why would they remove him? Because he broke away?"asks Jaramillo.
"Right," says Mark Davis.
"I don't know," says Frances Jaramillo, Bridgeport.

"I don't think he should be removed, I like him. I don't think he's fake like everyone else," says Jada Teixeira, Bridgeport.

Secretary of the State Susan Bysiewicz says Lieberman can easily prove his long standing as a Democrat if this comes to a Town Committee hearing in New Haven.

"We know of no case where a person has actually been removed from a party since this law was changed in 1997," says Bysiewicz.

The other complaint was made to the State Elections Enforcement Commission claiming that Lieberman is not starting a real political party and therefore should be removed from the ballot.

The Executive Director says that's not going to happen, that Lieberman has every legal right to petition his way on to the ballot.

The Secretary of the State says the legislature may change the law next year so that losers in a primary can't do what Joe Lieberman is doing, legally this time.

http://www.wtnh.com/Global/story.asp?S=5308047

The face of the new Stalinist Democrat Party is on view here for all to see. I hope America is tuned in.

I just love how it's all the right-wingers who are so worried about Lieberman staying in the democratic party.

Seems to me you only get to choose your own candidates, not ours.

I can see where that annoys you...especially when your own candidate is such a loser no one in his own party will endorse him.

I just love how it's all the right-wingers who are so worried about Lieberman staying in the democratic party.

I can see where that annoys you...especially when your own candidate is such a loser no one in his own party will endorse him.

Dissention and differing points of view are not allowed among Demos, isn't that right honey?

lol "annoys" us? Its freaking hysterical to see the libs tearing their own apart. It just goes to show the hypocracy of the party. The party of "diversity" that will literally excommunicate you if you don't tout the party line, especially the rabid anti-Bush mentality. Ironic that you Dems always accuse the Republicans of being run by the "exteremists", when it is now clear it is the Dems being run by exteremists.

lol "annoys" us? Its freaking hysterical to see the libs tearing their own apart. It just goes to show the hypocracy of the party. The party of "diversity" that will literally excommunicate you if you don't tout the party line, especially the rabid anti-Bush mentality. Ironic that you Dems always accuse the Republicans of being run by the "exteremists", when it is now clear it is the Dems being run by exteremists.

Exactly......Notice how THAT point is conveniently lost on Democrats??

Exactly......Notice how THAT point is conveniently lost on Democrats??

Easy, its true. So naturally its lost on them.

As far as Liberman goes, i couldnt care less about him. The man is a huge liberal. But its incredibly amusing watching other Liberals try to attack him.

It appears that anyone not in lock-step with the Dem party line is persona non grata. Tsk tsk.

If this petition actually goes anywhere, Joe should claim his 1st Amendment rights are being violated. That always get the Dems' attention. It doesn't matter if his claim really has a basis in the Constitution, either; some judge can always claim to have found it in there somewhere. :blah2:

Hey Cupcake, Joe would make a fine Sec of Defense if the job opens up

Speaking of losers have you seent he latest pools in Pa?

The 20 point lead Casey had is nearly all gone.

Actually, conservatives like Lieberman because unlike most Democrats he's not so far left he's off the spectrum. Apparently the reason y'all find him unworthy of being a Dem-o-crap.

Hell, if it was me in his place I'd be proud as Hell that y'all didn't want me and made a public spectacle of yourselves "kicking me out."

Actually, conservatives like Lieberman because unlike most Democrats he's not so far left he's off the spectrum. Apparently the reason y'all find him unworthy of being a Dem-o-crap.

Hell, if it was me in his place I'd be proud as Hell that y'all didn't want me and made a public spectacle of yourselves "kicking me out."

I would like to point out, that despite Lieberman not being suicidal, he is still far left:p: people seem to forget that. All and all it is rather amusing to watch the libs seething for his blood.

What gets me, is just a few yrs ago, this was their choice for their Vice President....

And because he agreed with President Bush on one thing, not leaving Iraq till the job is done,they come after the man like a rabid dog ..

I'm not sure the moderate Dems. want to let this radical left take over their party....Cause I predict if they do, they wont see another winning Presidential election in their future for a long time...

Just my 2cents......;)

And like Avatar said...Lieberman is very left not radical, but....
And for them to throw a man away who voted 90% for them.....
Well, I still am in shock actually watching all this... OH WELL

But it is kinda amusing also, and you have to admit it good for Republicans...So have at it...:cheers2:

New Topics

Forum List

Back