Call for Article V Convention: TN is 5th state? Wasn't MI the 34th?

emilynghiem

Constitutionalist / Universalist
Jan 21, 2010
National Freedmen's Town District
Did Michigan just trigger 'constitutional convention'? Bid gains steam | Fox News

I thought Michigan had become the 34th state to call for a convention, pushing the number of states to the 3/4 majority necessary.

Tennessee Becomes 5th State to Pass Resolution Calling For Article V Convention

This article is about Tennessee becoming the 5th state to pass a resolution, specifically calling for a convention on limiting the federal govt.

Is that the main difference? That it specifies what the Amendments would be focused on?

Did Michigan just trigger 'constitutional convention'? Bid gains steam | Fox News

I thought Michigan had become the 34th state to call for a convention, pushing the number of states to the 3/4 majority necessary.

Tennessee Becomes 5th State to Pass Resolution Calling For Article V Convention

This article is about Tennessee becoming the 5th state to pass a resolution, specifically calling for a convention on limiting the federal govt.

Is that the main difference? That it specifies what the Amendments would be focused on?
Actually, I believe it is 2/3 majority, not 3/4.

But it is late and I'm having a problem understanding how Tn is #5 when it just passed their legislature in Feb. 2016 and Michigan is the 34th earlier than that. Can someone help me out?

There's a time limit on these things, and a question on rescinded votes.
12 states pulled out decades ago, putting Michigan at 23rd.

I will do everything in my power to prevent something like this from passing...Me and millions of others. You want the rich to have all the wealth,,,well, you will find that people will start to fight you.
What?
What does the bloated, bureaucratic federal govt, have to do with rich people having wealth?

I will do everything in my power to prevent something like this from passing...Me and millions of others. You want the rich to have all the wealth,,,well, you will find that people will start to fight you.

Please stop Matt. You will begin to frighten folks with your stand. Now be nice and get back with NASA and the "Alien's".

Forum List

Back