Call A New Special Prosecutor!

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Does't this sound like CIA leaking? :shocked: In Washington? :shocked:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/11/01/AR2005110101644.html?nav=hcmodule

CIA Holds Terror Suspects in Secret Prisons
Debate Is Growing Within Agency About Legality and Morality of Overseas System Set Up After 9/11

By Dana Priest
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, November 2, 2005; A01

The CIA has been hiding and interrogating some of its most important al Qaeda captives at a Soviet-era compound in Eastern Europe, according to U.S. and foreign officials familiar with the arrangement.

The secret facility is part of a covert prison system set up by the CIA nearly four years ago that at various times has included sites in eight countries, including Thailand, Afghanistan and several democracies in Eastern Europe, as well as a small center at the Guantanamo Bay prison in Cuba, according to current and former intelligence officials and diplomats from three continents.

The hidden global internment network is a central element in the CIA's unconventional war on terrorism. Oh yeah, big secret! :rolleyes: It depends on the cooperation of foreign intelligence services, and on keeping even basic information about the system secret from the public, foreign officials and nearly all members of Congress charged with overseeing the CIA's covert actions. Oh yeah! Like the Washington Post! :wtf:

The existence and locations of the facilities -- referred to as "black sites" in classified White House, CIA, Justice Department and congressional documents -- are known to only a handful of officials in the United States and, usually, only to the president and a few top intelligence officers in each host country.

The CIA and the White House, citing national security concerns and the value of the program, have dissuaded Congress from demanding that the agency answer questions in open testimony about the conditions under which captives are held. Virtually nothing is known about who is kept in the facilities, what interrogation methods are employed with them, or how decisions are made about whether they should be detained or for how long.

menewa said:
This piece is not revealing the identities of covert operatives. Get a clue. :teeth: :cow: :bat: :ssex: :baby: :bangheads :thewave: :baby: :mad:

No, that is true. However someone is telling secrets that should be by the story's definition, "Top Secret".

Maintenance of secret detention facilites violates the spirit, if not the letter, of the Geneva Conventions and further endanger the lives of any US soldiers that may fall into enemy hands.

SO, it's something we, the people, should be made aware of in order to hold the government officials responsible for them accountable.

Bullypulpit said:
Maintenance of secret detention facilites violates the spirit, if not the letter, of the Geneva Conventions and further endanger the lives of any US soldiers that may fall into enemy hands.

SO, it's something we, the people, should be made aware of in order to hold the government officials responsible for them accountable.

Bully, I seriously disagree. I know I won't convince you, but the press IS out of control. For that matter, so are many of the CIA at Foggy Bottom-another term for an adjunct of State prior to Rice.

Bullypulpit said:

oh ya---plant the microchips in every government officials brain cause they all work for us and we should know EVERYTHING.

Kathianne said:

We can't win a war because our troops' hands are tied by rules the enemy does not observe.

As late as yesterday, the Dim-o-craps in Congress shuffled the deck and pulled out the "Bush lied" and demanded answers for something a lengthy investigation already did.

Bitch about our faulty intelligence but tie the intelligence agencies' hands so they can't do anything but read the paper and report the MSM news. :smoke:

GunnyL said:
We can't win a war because our troops' hands are tied by rules the enemy does not observe.

As late as yesterday, the Dim-o-craps in Congress shuffled the deck and pulled out the "Bush lied" and demanded answers for something a lengthy investigation already did.

Bitch about our faulty intelligence but tie the intelligence agencies' hands so they can't do anything but read the paper and report the MSM news. :smoke:

Well I've already written to Big Dick Durbin :rolleyes: to let him know that I remember what he said about our military. I don't seem to be alone, as this morning the local ABC radio talk/news was taking call after call about yesterday.

It's imperative that people contact their reps and let them know that 'they care and are watching the votes.

Kathianne said:
Well I've already written to Big Dick Durbin :rolleyes: to let him know that I remember what he said about our military. I don't seem to be alone, as this morning the local ABC radio talk/news was taking call after call about yesterday.

It's imperative that people contact their reps and let them know that 'they care and are watching the votes.

That's fine, but I like it when the Dem's pull this kind of nonsense. Why should it bother me that they keep making themselves look like jackasses?

GunnyL said:
That's fine, but I like it when the Dem's pull this kind of nonsense. Why should it bother me that they keep making themselves look like jackasses?

Well IMO if everyone that thinks they are a horse's ass would get involved, even in the smallest ways, come election time, they will vote. I know 'conservatives' tend to do so in most cases, but what is known is that once one is 'engaged' that one tends to speak out to those that aren't. Just a thought.

Kathianne said:
Well IMO if everyone that thinks they are a horse's ass would get involved, even in the smallest ways, come election time, they will vote. I know 'conservatives' tend to do so in most cases, but what is known is that once one is 'engaged' that one tends to speak out to those that aren't. Just a thought.

Oh I vote. Anything running against the "D" is worthy of consideration.

Bullypulpit said:

1) The terrorists do not qualify for the Geneva Conventions (no uniforms, no state)

2) Any American who falls into enemy hands is gonna get his/her head sawed off anyways.

So, somebody tells somebody else the name of a covert CIA agent that hasn't been covert for years and everybody who even heard about it before the press should be sent to prison for 30 years, which is more than you get for a murder, yet when the press publishes classified top secret information normally available only on a need to know basis, they're doing a public service and nobody should even be investigated? Bullsh!t!!

Isn't it interesting that the Dems who have made such a stink about Joe Wilson and Valerie Plume haven't taken to the microphones and denounced this serious leaking of classified information by the Washington Post ? This is information the general public DOES NOT need to know, so why has the Washington Post considered it important to print it? Hope the Republicans won't let this pass as just another one of those political battles constantly being waged in Washington. This is a continuation of the war the CIA--or some anti-war people in the CIA--declared on Bush, beginning with Joe Wilson and Valerie Plume.

theim said:
1) The terrorists do not qualify for the Geneva Conventions (no uniforms, no state)

2) Any American who falls into enemy hands is gonna get his/her head sawed off anyways.

<blockquote>Article 1. The High Contracting Parties undertake to respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in <b>all circumstances</b>. - <a href=http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Human_Rights/geneva1.html><i>The Fourth Geneva Conventions</i></a></blockquote>

Bullypulpit said:
<blockquote>Article 1. The High Contracting Parties undertake to respect and to ensure respect for the present Convention in <b>all circumstances</b>. - <a href=http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/History/Human_Rights/geneva1.html><i>The Fourth Geneva Conventions</i></a></blockquote>

Yep, but the terrorists/insurgents/al queda are not part of the 'contracting parties' that exception comes later. Bully, this has been argued and argued.

Kathianne said:
Yep, but the terrorists/insurgents/al queda are not part of the 'contracting parties' that exception comes later. Bully, this has been argued and argued.

And it will continue to be argued. If our, or any, governemnt turns its back on the high standards set forth in the Conventions, as well as in US and international law, they become the monster they claim they wish to defeat.

Bullypulpit said:
And it will continue to be argued. If our, or any, governemnt turns its back on the high standards set forth in the Conventions, as well as in US and international law, they become the monster they claim they wish to defeat.

Again, disagree. One cannot enter into contracts with someone unwilling to keep their end of the bargain.

You cannot fight a war, where one side is held to one standard, while the other sets their own.

Bullypulpit said:
So then you agree that the Muslim extremists are monsters.....

Forum List

Back