California’s Largest Corporation is Going Galt

All you naysayers down on California are forgetting something...something that will surely restore California's economy, recoup the debt, and spark an era of prosperity the likes of which has never been seen.

They're building a train...a HIGH SPEED train!

Problem solved...:eusa_shifty:

I was talking to a very successful and wealthy business owner in LA a few weeks ago. He told me his marginal tax state and federal income tax rate was going up to 57%. After being in LA for almost 30 years, he said he was seriously thinking about moving out of state. He has an asset management business that employees over 100 people, most in LA.

I gave him the hard sell on Florida. He said he was considering Florida or Texas.
Damn shame those folks unwilling to move would lose their jobs, but if he stays and the business goes under, ALL the jobs are lost.

it doesn't matter!!! the 19th Century Marxists have assured it is necessary to punish parasitic business even if they go bankrupt, leave the state or country and are responsible for the goods and services that got us from the Stone Age to here. Maybe the Girl Scouts can invent the drugs and gene sequencing machines that will save our lives from the cancer that awaits us.

That's quite a mouthful of poop right there, even for Propaganda Edward.

I was talking to a very successful and wealthy business owner in LA a few weeks ago. He told me his marginal tax state and federal income tax rate was going up to 57%. After being in LA for almost 30 years, he said he was seriously thinking about moving out of state. He has an asset management business that employees over 100 people, most in LA.

I gave him the hard sell on Florida. He said he was considering Florida or Texas.
Damn shame those folks unwilling to move would lose their jobs, but if he stays and the business goes under, ALL the jobs are lost.

And here's the thing. The highly paid people will move or stay in LA because they already have enough money. But most of the support staff - those who need a job the most - will not move and will lose their jobs because they are less mobile.
And thus Cali continues circling the bowl.

I suggest that business taxes are low in Texas because

(1) oil
(2) not many people want to live there, and
(3) economic stratification is a way of life there

When the population of Texas becomes as dense as that of California (e.g., never), taxes will increase to roughly the same levels.

(1) oil

When the population of Texas becomes as dense as that of California (e.g., never), taxes will increase to roughly the same levels.

Demographics - Texas In Focus

Texas is one of the fastest–growing states in the nation. Since 2000, the state’s population has increased by 12.7 percent, nearly twice that of the nation (6.4 percent).1​

You've never been to Texas, have you?

(1) oil

Texas is one of the fastest–growing states in the nation. Since 2000, the state’s population has increased by 12.7 percent, nearly twice that of the nation (6.4 percent).1​

Yeah. The job growth "rate" in North Dakota is phenomenal as well. But when you start with just 17 working people in your state, it isn't hard to grow by 10 or 20%. As an example--if ALL of the job growth in North Dakota over the past two years happened in New York state, it wouldn't amount to even a 0.1% change in their employment rate.

So, what is the population DENSITY of Texas? (Please do not count the armadillos or cattle).

(1) oil

Yeah. The job growth "rate" in North Dakota is phenomenal as well. But when you start with just 17 working people in your state, it isn't hard to grow by 10 or 20%. As an example--if ALL of the job growth in North Dakota over the past two years happened in New York state, it wouldn't amount to even a 0.1% change in their employment rate.

So, what is the population DENSITY of Texas? (Please do not count the armadillos or cattle).
So, now that I've proven your ridiculous claim that "not many people want to live there" is wrong, you move the goalposts.

(1) oil

Yea, cuz there's no oil in California...:cuckoo:

And sure, there aren't that many people who want to live in Texas. I'm mean, it's not like it's the second most populous state or anything...:eusa_shhh:

Economic stratification? You won't find THAT in California! :eusa_clap:

God you're dumb.

(1) oil

dear, density means more people can share costs of roads sewers schools bridges airports etc etc so that would make it cheaper per person. Why do you think tiny towns often don't have airports?

In fact, liberalism attracts slow folks. Sorry

(1) oil

And sure, there aren't that many people who want to live in Texas. I'm mean, it's not like it's the second most populous state or anything...:eusa_shhh:

God you're dumb.

Nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been Hispanic, and that doesn't lend much credibility to your "capitalist utopia" supposition. Also, nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been in metropolitan areas; the rural areas continue to depopulate. Also, infrastructure in those populated areas is being stressed as the population increases, and at some point someone will probably need to spend some money there.

BTW, Austin DOES NOT EQUAL Dalheart.

(1) oil

dear, density means more people can share costs of roads sewers schools bridges airports etc etc so that would make it cheaper per person. Why do you think tiny towns often don't have airports?

NO.

Go to Nebraska, Kansas, either Dakota, and you'll see why taxes are "low." There is nothing there. NOTHING. No museums, parks, paved rural roads, nothing. It's a freaking desert.

(1) oil

God you're dumb.

Nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been Hispanic, and that doesn't lend much credibility to your "capitalist utopia" supposition. Also, nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been in metropolitan areas; the rural areas continue to depopulate. Also, infrastructure in those populated areas is being stressed as the population increases, and at some point someone will probably need to spend some money there.

CA is the most beautiful state in the union with the best weather and most coast line, yet Texas which has no beauty coast or weather is growing faster because it is not a liberal hellhole wasteland like CA.

God you're dumb.

CA is the most beautiful state in the union with the best weather and most coast line, yet Texas which has no beauty coast or weather is growing faster because it is not a liberal hellhole wasteland like CA.

Texas has NO COAST? Jezzus, you're stupid.

(1) oil

God you're dumb.

Nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been Hispanic,

Same for California

and that doesn't lend much credibility to your "capitalist utopia" supposition.

Never said it was. Liar.

Also, nearly ALL population growth in Texas since 2000 has been in metropolitan areas; the rural areas continue to depopulate.

Same for California

Also, infrastructure in those populated areas is being stressed as the population increases, and at some point someone will probably need to spend some money there

Well, when all else fails, but forth an argument that cannot be proven. Works every time...:doubt:

No one said it was.

Man, you're really, really stupid.

(1) oil

NO.

Go to Nebraska, Kansas, either Dakota, and you'll see why taxes are "low." There is nothing there. NOTHING. No museums, parks, paved rural roads, nothing. It's a freaking desert.
Been all over all of those states...You have NFI what you're blabbering about.

Are you really this stupid, or is this all some performance art thing?

Plus, I believe North Dakota is the fastest growing state in the union, and Nebraska and Kansas have been well above average for some time.

Plus, I believe North Dakota is the fastest growing state in the union, and Nebraska and Kansas have been well above average for some time.
Yup, when you have a population of 1000, and add 500, that would tend to make it a fast growing state. By percentage.

Yes taxes matter. Muni bonds, for example, pay more after taxes for some people than regular bonds so they attract billions and billions of dollars. It is border line insane to think libturds can use the private sector as a cash cow that can be milked with impunity.

(1) oil

NO.

There is freedom and plenty of Civil Society.

You are just a bigot. I doubt you've spent anytime in any of these places.

Forum List

Back