California's Gold | Huell Howser | R.I.P.

Huell had more than one show. I was only out here a few months when as chance would have it Huell ended up sitting next to me in a cafe. A few people mentioned a celebrity was around. Somebody I became good friends with came up to me and said "I love that guy!" as if star struck. This guy was a New Yorker who had met lots of celebrities on both coasts, but Huell, he had this karisma.

I have a spoof of his style that's been in the works since I first started watching him. I saw him on tv my first week out here, but it never clicked until he sat next to me in the cafe.

He ended up doing a show on the local art walk. cool guy

Huell had more than one show. I was only out here a few months when as chance would have it Huell ended up sitting next to me in a cafe. A few people mentioned a celebrity was around. Somebody I became good friends with came up to me and said "I love that guy!" as if star struck. This guy was a New Yorker who had met lots of celebrities on both coasts, but Huell, he had this karisma.

I have a spoof of his style that's been in the works since I first started watching him. I saw him on tv my first week out here, but it never clicked until he sat next to me in the cafe.

well Gold was on a long time....im sure if anyone heard of him it was because of that show....unless you are a long time Californian....

Last edited:
I was a long time Californian. Better than 30 years.

Huell was a state icon.

He was always "amazed." I loved his shows.

I was a long time Californian. Better than 30 years.

Huell was a state icon.

He was always "amazed." I loved his shows.

i hear ya Mick.....he went to places i never even heard of....some right around where i am at....:eusa_eh:.....but his shows were excellent........

Huell was not only "Spectacular," but he surely rates as one of California's "Golden Treasures." He will be sorely missed.

well Gold was on a long time....im sure if anyone heard of him it was because of that show....unless you are a long time Californian....

reruns and research on him from a few years ago. Gold is his most famous show, but public tv here were playing other shows since I've lived here.

Forum List

Back