# Californians on Medicaid/CHIP Exceeds Population of 44 States

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
(CNSNews.com) - The number of people enrolled in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in California alone exceeds the total populations of 44 of the other states of the union, according to data published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Census Bureau.

As of Jan. 1, 2014, state’s joining Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion could enroll people in the federal-state program under new, relaxed eligibility requirements. California was one of those states.

In the fall of 2013, the Obamacare exchanges opened to enroll people in health insurance plans for 2014.

The average number of Medicaid/CHIP enrollees in California in July-September 2013—the last quarter before the Obamacare exchanges opened--was 7,755,381, according to CMS.

By November 2016, the latest month for which CMS numbers are available, the number of Medicaid/CHIP enrollees in California was 12,209,605.

That is a three-year increase of 4,454,224—or 57.43 percent.

No state has nearly as many Medicaid/CHIP enrollees as California, and no state has added nearly as many to its rolls since the Obamacare exchanges opened, according to CMS.

CNS is NOT a legitimate news source, it is a propaganda source.... and always has been.

just look at the title....it's bull crud.....

california medicaid and Chip enrollees are 12 million.....

more than the total population in 44 states...

THAT'S A LIE...

no way does the total population in 44 states only add up to 12 million people.

CNS is NOT a legitimate news source, it is a propaganda source.... and always has been.

THAT'S A LIE...

no way does the total populations in 44 states only add up to 12 million people.

LOL ----- are you really serious????

As the article says, the enrollees exceed the "total populations" of 44 states ---- not the population of 44 states COMBINED. You have grossly misread what was said.

Quit trying to deflect and deal with the damn issue. If you want to dispute the figures, then do so. If you can't dispute the figures, then feel free to discuss the impact.

Just because the article was found on CNS does not, in itself, make it less true. It just makes it less likely that the liberal press would bring it to our attention. It is NOT the source - it's the CONTENT that is the issue. I'm guessing that the Census Bureau is a valid source.

Last edited:
(CNSNews.com) - The number of people enrolled in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) in California alone exceeds the total populations of 44 of the other states of the union, according to data published by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Census Bureau.

As of Jan. 1, 2014, state’s joining Obamacare’s Medicaid expansion could enroll people in the federal-state program under new, relaxed eligibility requirements. California was one of those states.

In the fall of 2013, the Obamacare exchanges opened to enroll people in health insurance plans for 2014.

The average number of Medicaid/CHIP enrollees in California in July-September 2013—the last quarter before the Obamacare exchanges opened--was 7,755,381, according to CMS.

By November 2016, the latest month for which CMS numbers are available, the number of Medicaid/CHIP enrollees in California was 12,209,605.

That is a three-year increase of 4,454,224—or 57.43 percent.

No state has nearly as many Medicaid/CHIP enrollees as California, and no state has added nearly as many to its rolls since the Obamacare exchanges opened, according to CMS.
They pay in at a far better rate than the obese, dying red states. California would benefit immensely if the red states started refusing to take their money. Bet they won't though. :fu:

THAT'S A LIE...

no way does the total populations in 44 states only add up to 12 million people.

LOL ----- are you really serious????

As the article says, the enrollees exceed the "total populations" of 44 states ---- not the population of 44 states COMBINED. You have grossly misread what was said.

Quit trying to deflect and deal with the damn issue. If you want to dispute the figures, then do so. If you can't dispute the figures, then feel free to discuss the impact.

Just because the article was found on CNS does not, in itself, make it less true. It just makes it less likely that the liberal press would bring it to our attention. It is NOT the source - it's the CONTENT that is the issue. I'm guessing that the Census Bureau is a valid source.
I did misunderstand it....and I have no problem with people on Medicaid being more than the population in 44 of our 50 states..... there is no need for me to argue with you over it....California is a huge State and because they accepted the Medicaid part of the ACA, they added millions to their Medicaid rolls.....to me, this is GOOD, those millions of citizens added to Medicaid were very poor working citizens, whose employer did not give them health care insurance benefits and these people were going without health care....now they are not. THAT'S A GOOD THING in my book, not something evil....

I have nothing else to say on it....

Forum List

Back