California

So, like the debt thing..you've guys suddenly started to care about something else?

Well here's news.

Glass buildings kill plenty of birds. So do power lines. So do airports. So do cars.

No threads by conservatives bitching about those things.

Ahh, so you just defended yourself as being the worst parts of the "Evil Republicans." Good to know. Swallow hates animals and is ok with mass killings of them, but that's ok because so do Evil Republicans.

The harming of the eco-system effects the HUMAN population of the area, idiot.

Well no, but you're so desperate that you'll spout anything to cover for the absurd hypocrisy of your party's position.

{California has a new endangered species on its hands in the San Joaquin Valley—farmers. Thanks to environmental regulations designed to protect the likes of the three-inch long delta smelt, one of America's premier agricultural regions is suffering in a drought made worse by federal regulations.

The state's water emergency is unfolding thanks to the latest mishandling of the Endangered Species Act. Last December, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issued what is known as a "biological opinion" imposing water reductions on the San Joaquin Valley and environs to safeguard the federally protected hypomesus transpacificus, a.k.a., the delta smelt. As a result, tens of billions of gallons of water from mountains east and north of Sacramento have been channelled away from farmers and into the ocean, leaving hundreds of thousands of acres of arable land fallow or scorched. }

EPA Regulations Cause Drought in California - WSJ.com

Hmmm, looks like it's protection of the smelt that is severely damaging the human population, sparky...

That you espouse two completely contradictory positions has no impact on you. You are but a drone, after all. What you say is merely the words of your party rulers, you don't actually comprehend them.

Killing Eagles good, killing smelts bad, Ohh Bahhh Bahhhh Bahhhh Mahhh...

ROFL

You drones are a hoot.

Do you know what an ecosystem is?

Sure they do.

It's something to be exploited for monetary gain.

It's so sad to see people like him demeaning someone's intelligence when he's the idiot who doesn't understand the circumstances of the conversation.

Hey, dipshit:

Extinction of eagles: no effect on human population.
Extinction of smelt: negative effect on the ecosystem, a.k.a. salmon and other fish a..k.a. local human food source

Wind turbine farms are freakin' stupid. They cost more to build and maintain than they produce. You don't see any more of the damn ugly things being built, and as soon as the ones they did build are beyond repair, they'll start to tear them down. Good riddance to a stupid idea.

Ya know fat old Ted Kennedy REFUSED to have them in his neighborhood. REFUSED.

Not that I think for a minute that Willow gives a damn about the bats and birds killed by wind turbines, but it IS an issue.

Offshore wind farms would reduce the number of animals injured or killed and I have no doubt that someone is out there building a better wind collection system.

A single oil spill is still more devastating to an Eco system than wind farms and domestic cats are still a bigger danger to birds.

Not that I think for a minute that Willow gives a damn about the bats and birds killed by wind turbines, but it IS an issue.

Offshore wind farms would reduce the number of animals injured or killed and I have no doubt that someone is out there building a better wind collection system.

A single oil spill is still more devastating to an Eco system than wind farms and domestic cats are still a bigger danger to birds.

Domestic cats with responsible owners are ZERO threat to birds. Cause ya know why? Asshole? They live INDOORS.

Why isnt the EPA up there on their asses . Oh yeah this is Boama pet project. I mean they were all over TX and oil fields over a lizard but killing eagles are acceptable

That is a symptom of the insanity of our times I guess. California has filed suit against homeowners who presumed to clear brush away from their homes to reduce the fire hazazrd because it could disturb the habitat of a protected rat. I guess its okay if the wild fires kill the rats.

Environmentalists protested the oil drilling platforms like crazy because it would 'harm sensitive ocean habitat.' They still do even though it is apparent that ocean life adopted the platforms as new coral reefs and thrive around them.

Environmentalist protested expansions of oil drilling activity in the Texas Panhandle because it would disturb the habitat of some kind of rare toad or some such. Well the toad is thriving just fine plus despite numerous oil activity all over the place, the area is now teeming with deer, antelope and other wildlife that once did not exist in that area and has now moved in there.

Environmentalist have demanded that farmer's crops dry up from lack of water lest too much water be taken from the Rio Grande and thereby risk the habitat of the silvery minnow that exists only in the middle Rio Grande in New Mexico. Well we have now endured several years of severe drought that has dried up much of the silvery minnow's usual habitat anyway. The fish, however, simply moved upstream or downstream to where it is still wet and are doing just fine.

But wind farms are good. Wind farms are green. Wind farms are darlings of the environmentalists.

So the eagles be damned.

Want to read up on that one....link plz.

Domestic cats with responsible owners are ZERO threat to birds. Cause ya know why? Asshole? They live INDOORS.

And people who have cats and keep them locked up indoors never to experience what it means to be a cat are selfish pigs.

Do you ever get tired of being a jerk (and wrong)?

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/03/22/obvious-study-of-the-day-cats-are-a-main-cause-of-bird-deaths/

windfarms kill a thousand birds a day. ain't green energy grand? axe an eagle.

Willow...as usual you are full of shit. The link provided by FullAuto shows that thousands of birds die IN A YEAR from a lot of causes related to the generation of electricity including many from electrocution on power lines. Yes some of the fatalities are related to wind turbines. Birds are not the brightest of animals. They die from many causes. Predators in the air and on the ground kill MILLIONS of birds EVERY DAY.

Looking at the local road kill I would venture that many thousands of birds DO get killed every day in the US from gasoline powered automobiles.

You have no point. BUT here is a point you probably were not aware of. Birds are the most dangerous animal to humans. They spread communicable disease to millions of humans every year...many of them dying from this exposure.

World wide birds are responsible for the death of thousands of people every year. No other animal even comes close to the damage birds cause humans.

You Willow are an idiot and a bird brain.

No wonder she's concerned and worried.

And people who have cats and keep them locked up indoors never to experience what it means to be a cat are selfish pigs.

I disagree with ya so stick that up yer ass and smoke it.

Yeah, but Righties apologize to oil spillers.

Forum List

Back