California woman's foot savaged by flesh eating bacteria exposing her bones

The wrath of hell hath descended upon the Earth. (Or I could just say that looks nasty as hell)
Imagine if this became highly contagious.

Yeah, like I asked in the ongoing thread on this....

What's Up with All This Flesh Eating Bacteria ??
What's up with all this Flesh Eating Bacteria ?
It is highly contagious...it is antibiotic resistant staphylococcus bacteria. If you have a small cut and that bacteria gets into it you're fucked too.
The worst place you can be is a hospital.
Necrotizing fasciatis is not contagious at all. A cut isn't even necessary. No one knows how it is contracted. There is no antibiotic that is useful.

I know. My husband died of it and I took care of him. In the times he was in the hospital he was never under contagion protocols.

It started out as a rash about the size of a quarter and grew at the rate of half an inch an hour. We didn't know what it was. That afternoon we went to the emergency room. After examination, the doctors sent for an expert and we waited until the expert arrived.

The doctor performed an immediate surgery to remove the necrotizing flesh. The surgical site was so large it used a vacuum dressing. Blood, pus and liquid was sucked out into a chamber that had to be emptied every couple of hours and dumped down the toilet. None of the home health aids knew how to change this dressing. I went to the hospital and got trained. No contagion protocols.

Right before surgery we were told that survival expectations were a bit less than 50%. That was in October. He died December 10th.

Did he have diabetes, undergoing chemo or anything like that? Seems like an outlying situation even within the rarity of this illness.

While having a weak immune system makes your chances of catching it greater,it's not always the case.
I've cut myself wade fishing oyster reefs dozens of times over the years.

The wrath of hell hath descended upon the Earth. (Or I could just say that looks nasty as hell)

It is highly contagious...it is antibiotic resistant staphylococcus bacteria. If you have a small cut and that bacteria gets into it you're fucked too.
Necrotizing fasciatis is not contagious at all. A cut isn't even necessary. No one knows how it is contracted. There is no antibiotic that is useful.

I know. My husband died of it and I took care of him. In the times he was in the hospital he was never under contagion protocols.

It started out as a rash about the size of a quarter and grew at the rate of half an inch an hour. We didn't know what it was. That afternoon we went to the emergency room. After examination, the doctors sent for an expert and we waited until the expert arrived.

The doctor performed an immediate surgery to remove the necrotizing flesh. The surgical site was so large it used a vacuum dressing. Blood, pus and liquid was sucked out into a chamber that had to be emptied every couple of hours and dumped down the toilet. None of the home health aids knew how to change this dressing. I went to the hospital and got trained. No contagion protocols.

Right before surgery we were told that survival expectations were a bit less than 50%. That was in October. He died December 10th.

Did he have diabetes, undergoing chemo or anything like that? Seems like an outlying situation even within the rarity of this illness.
Nope and the disease normally kills those who have no underlying conditions. No cuts, bumps, bruises or pimples. It isn't contagious but could be anywhere.

While having a weak immune system makes your chances of catching it greater,it's not always the case.

And I am walking around with two big old holes in the bottom of one of my feet after stepping on some rusty nails. People are always being exposed to stuff which is why I asked if there was something else going on there.

Nope and the disease normally kills those who have no underlying conditions. No cuts, bumps, bruises or pimples. It isn't contagious but could be anywhere.

Just odd. I had a relative die from sepsis and had all sorts of crap going on inside her following surgery once the antibiotic resistant stuff hit her blood stream. They contained it for several weeks but eventually ran out of the top shelf meds that were effective. CDC and some other places were also involved in trying to beat this thing down through whatever compounding they could come up with, but eventually her body just couldn't fight any more.

And I am walking around with two big old holes in the bottom of one of my feet after stepping on some rusty nails. People are always being exposed to stuff which is why I asked if there was something else going on there.

Have you had a tetanus shot recently?
Because that has nothing to do with flesh eating bacteria.

(Fox News) – While the majority of cases diagnosed as flesh-eating bacteria involve a body of water, one California woman who lost the majority of muscle and skin on her left foot said the origin of her infection remains a mystery. “I retraced my steps and it’s still a mystery to the origin,” Noelle Guastucci, of University Heights, told Fox 5 San Diego. Guastucci, who was released from the hospital on Wednesday after nearly two weeks of care, said doctors told her that if she waited until the next morning to seek help she possibly could’ve lost her life. Guastucci said it started with what felt like an internal bruise on the
California woman's foot ravaged by flesh-eating bacteria, exposing her bones

Noelle-Guastucci-5-FOX5-San-Diego.jpg

----------------------

Just keep telling yourself how much your fantasy world is just a loving world cause when you face reality conspiracies might just be the best thing for you mentally weak to deal with.

Because reality is bitches you better wake up ..we have open borders idiots thanks to you stupid fks who chant " LET THEM INN" OMFG this is your pay back dumb asses wait until it comes for your kids you selfish pigs.

View attachment 270033

You should listen to this man if you think you know it all you know nothing by the time he's done telling just a " grain of salt" of information that is being used to fk this nation over !!!!

Dr. Robert Epstein @DrREpstein testifies before U.S. Senate on Google's election impact. Recommends Startpage.com to avoid tracking #privacy
https://youtu.be/wSTHgoaVtSw?t=1233

Now take it and apply to all those insults where u think what you do and soon you'll realize how you should have been applying those pictures to yourself smart ass LOL>

What does this....

Because reality is bitches you better wake up ..we have open borders idiots thanks to you stupid fks who chant " LET THEM INN" OMFG this is your pay back dumb asses wait until it comes for your kids you selfish pigs.

... have to do with a woman's foot dissolving, Crazy Train?

That went over your head lmfao ?

take lessons from her maybe she can teach you wake the hell up lol

Kathy Zhu (@PoliticalKathy) | Twitter

Still waiting for your answer

Why so I can waste my time all for you to post your picture again you won't believe wth I tell you anyway....... but here goes...

You post your useless memes poking fun on chit you know nothing about......

the video is another way to show you just how much YOU DO NOT KNOW as you act like I'm the fruit meanwhile if you bothered to listen to it maybe the missing brain connectors can connect the dots on how serious of an issues this bs is dip chittious.......
but, I can excuse the fact how the average person can see just what you do too " what in the hell does this have to do with that" ..........

Information wars..............

Control information. like disease isn't as bad as they say it is when in reality " Yes it is". ( Nooo I am not saying that about this foot bs I am taking more along historically/in general).

CONTROL OF INFORMATION FROM GAWD DAM FEET TO GOOGLE CONNECT THE DOTS.... lol

You should listen to this man if you think you know it all you know nothing by the time he's done telling just a " grain of salt" of information that is being used to fk this nation over !!!!

Dr. Robert Epstein @DrREpstein testifies before U.S. Senate on Google's election impact. Recommends Startpage.com to avoid tracking #privacy
https://youtu.be/wSTHgoaVtSw?t=1233

Now take it and apply to all those insults where u think what you do and soon you'll realize how you should have been applying those pictures to yourself smart ass LOL>

What does this....

... have to do with a woman's foot dissolving, Crazy Train?

That went over your head lmfao ?

take lessons from her maybe she can teach you wake the hell up lol

Kathy Zhu (@PoliticalKathy) | Twitter

Still waiting for your answer

Why so I can waste my time all for you to post your picture again you won't believe wth I tell you anyway....... but here goes...

You post your useless memes poking fun on chit you know nothing about......

the video is another way to show you just how much YOU DO NOT KNOW as you act like I'm the fruit meanwhile if you bothered to listen to it maybe the missing brain connectors can connect the dots on how serious of an issues this bs is dip chittious.......
but, I can excuse the fact how the average person can see just what you do too " what in the hell does this have to do with that" ..........

Information wars..............

Control information. like disease isn't as bad as they say it is when in reality " Yes it is". ( Nooo I am not saying that about this foot bs I am taking more along historically/in general).

CONTROL OF INFORMATION FROM GAWD DAM FEET TO GOOGLE CONNECT THE DOTS.... lol

All of that rant and you still did not answer the question. Did the voices not make the connection for you?

MW's rant is trying to express something akin to democrat promiscuity: the skin is the barrier par excellence, a border against pathology. The sloth of EPA and local administrations can be seen with the Toledo, Ohio toxic algae example that went political. That area is also a time-bomb of bovine pollution which no one seems to be able to control. Run-off is run-off, the farms are not fined for not containing their wastes, it's just another business day to keep the collective alimentary tract satisfied. Post #21 'It's been around for a long time,' does not suffice. 1980 and 2000 were turning points for the virulence of one of the major flesh-eating pathogens, Streptococcus pyogenes. The public no longer has Rachel Carson to warn them about the dangers, as Mississippi's podunk ass goes as an example to other states of what not to do about it.

However, I must disagree. If you have close contact with someone and the bacteria gets into your wound, abrasion it is very possible to be afflicted as well.

Wow...that's some heavy shit. Was he a healthy person otherwise? I mean, prior to this incident?

Lucky for her she got it before the GOP kills Obamacare completely.
Congratulations...you have converted a completely apolitical topic into a political one.

SUPERSTARRRRRR!

It was political from the word "Go".

Or did you miss the part where the OP threw in the immigration/open boarders comment? Like that has anything to do with necrotizing fasciitis.
That's not politics smokey...that's just illegality. People may make it a political issue but it really is a legality issue.
We have laws for a purpose and people are not following them.

I've been saying this and saying this. You can't let dirty, contaminated Democrats swim in water that unwitting Republicans may swim in.

Have you had a tetanus shot recently?
Because that has nothing to do with flesh eating bacteria.

Tetnus is not caused by rusty nails but a bacteria in dirt. It is treatable and survivable at even advanced stages. That said, yes. The shots are good for at least 10 years (probably longer in adults) and I had one 3.5 years ago.

However, I must disagree. If you have close contact with someone and the bacteria gets into your wound, abrasion it is very possible to be afflicted as well.

Wow...that's some heavy shit. Was he a healthy person otherwise? I mean, prior to this incident?
Yes. Very healthy. He just woke up one morning with this red blotch on his thigh as big as a quarter. By 3pm that afternoon it went from crotch to knee. I used a sharpie to see how fast it was growing. I put a line at the margins. It spread at a half inch an hour.

The surgeon asked us if we wanted to even bother with surgery. The odd were less than 50% survival. If we did nothing he would be gone in 36 hours. We took a chance. Even less than 50% was better than the alternative.

Lucky for her she got it before the GOP kills Obamacare completely.
Congratulations...you have converted a completely apolitical topic into a political one.

SUPERSTARRRRRR!

It was political from the word "Go".

Or did you miss the part where the OP threw in the immigration/open boarders comment? Like that has anything to do with necrotizing fasciitis.
That's not politics smokey...that's just illegality. People may make it a political issue but it really is a legality issue.
We have laws for a purpose and people are not following them.

Are you telling me that our laws cannot be, and have not been politicized? Do you really believe that? If you do, you're a fool and you have not been paying attention the last few years.

But, whatever helps you sleep at night, spanker.

This mess is scary. I've also cut up my feet pretty badly on oyster beds. It's like jumping on a huge pile of vertical razor blades. But never got a staph infection.
Odd how many people are getting them now. Some say warmer waters, but many ocean temp charts show the oceans are actually cooling.

Could it be all the radioactive materials man is dumping in the Oceans and all the plastic going into the Seas?

Just odd. I had a relative die from sepsis and had all sorts of crap going on inside her following surgery once the antibiotic resistant stuff hit her blood stream. They contained it for several weeks but eventually ran out of the top shelf meds that were effective. CDC and some other places were also involved in trying to beat this thing down through whatever compounding they could come up with, but eventually her body just couldn't fight any more.

Just a while back, at this forum, when I posted that these antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria were going to become a real problem I was ridiculed.

Found it.......

CDC says Flu is now an epidemic - sign of things to come?

This mess is scary. I've also cut up my feet pretty badly on oyster beds. It's like jumping on a huge pile of vertical razor blades. But never got a staph infection.
Odd how many people are getting them now. Some say warmer waters, but many ocean temp charts show the oceans are actually cooling.

Could it be all the radioactive materials man is dumping in the Oceans and all the plastic going into the Seas?

My take is a bit different. Historical many people died in childhood. They got sick, injured, diseased and children died. Those that survived were healthy adults that were able to face all kinds of unhealthy circumstances and survive.

As a child I lived in the midst of serious filth. I had every illness that came along. I had the flu many times. I survived everything. Now I seldom get sick at all. I see chronic and constant illness among the hand sanitizer crowd.

This is our world. We are uniquely constructed to survive in it germs and bacteria and all. We just have to watch that we don't adapt ourselves into an alien species.

Just a while back, at this forum, when I posted that these antibiotic resistant strains of bacteria were going to become a real problem I was ridiculed.

Found it.......

CDC says Flu is now an epidemic - sign of things to come?

Of course you were ridiculed--this is USMB. We be a dysfunctional lot :11_2_1043:

I really don't know the answer to the problem. New antibiotics will just cause more adaptations. Rinse and repeat.

Forum List

Back