"California will be BEGGING for only 39% rate increases..."

This is why I'm all for a public option. No need for profits.

You do understand that people can't lose money and eat don't you?

Actually, you can. It simply depends on how much money you had before you began losing money. Either way it's a moot point inasfar as a public option is concerned. A public option won't have to worry about generating profits. So, there's an easy 20-30 percent reduction in healthcare costs. Even with spending the same amount we spent last year on health insurance and health care, we could realize practically instant savings if we went with a public option.

[
PHP:
<<<@!1!@>>>
================================================
I truly understand your attitude and I am no stranger to the same feelings of superiority to many of the same element that you are referring to, as well as towards the super greedy and power hungry. However, I do have brief revealing moments I would rather not have. There are few if any in this world that do not think they are superior to vast groups of people, no matter how despicable they appear to other vast groups of people. Moreover, the most despicable among us have fans. Frightening isn't it? We need ALL need to be careful of the master manipulators so hard at work to make us believe things that divert our attention from the genuinely evil agendas.

Only if they are from third world countries. You don't see doctors moving here from France or Germany or England.

Yes you do. We have a number of British doctors here in Virginia, being able to get out of the NHS and come over to America is their dream. Many spend additional $ on education and training just to practice here.

I apologize for my ignorance to the quoting system here. My last post was a reply to Woodjack who I believe wrote, "geesh don't you get it? of course premiums are going to be raised.....This bill was not for people who can afford health insurance, if you have a good paying job this bill is not for you, you will now be paying for the poor people that can't afford it, its your fault that their life choices made them have crack babies.

Don't you get it? if you pay for them, that brings you down a notch closer to their level because you are evil and payed your dues, now you have to pay for theirs to. its your fault that they did not go to school, its your fault so you now have to pay for it. "
===============================================
I truly understand your attitude and I am no stranger to the same feelings of superiority to many of the same element that you are referring to, as well as towards the super greedy and power hungry. However, I do have brief revealing moments I would rather not have. There are few if any in this world that do not think they are superior to vast groups of people, no matter how despicable they appear to other vast groups of people. Moreover, the most despicable among us have fans. Frightening isn't it? We ALL need to be careful of the master manipulators so hard at work to make us believe things that divert our attention from the genuinely evil agendas. Also we all need to take time to reflect on the reality that none of us are as wonderful as we would like others to believe we are. I think the most evil have successfully divided the rest of us by that same "superior to somebody" mentality. Blacks/Whites Blacks/ Blacks Rich/poor/middle class Whites/Whites, men/'women, big crook/little crook, and on and on the divisions go...nation against nation...kingdom against kingdom!!!

Exactly why my Dad is shifting his business out of Ca.... and likely to add a few to the unemployment lines.

I don't think this is why your dad is moving his business because these type of premium increases were coming with or w/o the bill.

No, he's been planning the move for a while. California is hell on earth for businesses. So he's finally caving and moving it. He's delayed as long as possible because he doesn't want to pull out without ensuring that the employees that he'll have to let go have secured other jobs. That's because he is a decent human being.... and a conservative! Imagine that.

I apologize for my ignorance to the quoting system here. My last post was a reply to Woodjack who I believe wrote, "geesh don't you get it? of course premiums are going to be raised.....This bill was not for people who can afford health insurance, if you have a good paying job this bill is not for you, you will now be paying for the poor people that can't afford it, its your fault that their life choices made them have crack babies.

Don't you get it? if you pay for them, that brings you down a notch closer to their level because you are evil and payed your dues, now you have to pay for theirs to. its your fault that they did not go to school, its your fault so you now have to pay for it. "
===============================================
I truly understand your attitude and I am no stranger to the same feelings of superiority to many of the same element that you are referring to, as well as towards the super greedy and power hungry. However, I do have brief revealing moments I would rather not have. There are few if any in this world that do not think they are superior to vast groups of people, no matter how despicable they appear to other vast groups of people. Moreover, the most despicable among us have fans. Frightening isn't it? We ALL need to be careful of the master manipulators so hard at work to make us believe things that divert our attention from the genuinely evil agendas. Also we all need to take time to reflect on the reality that none of us are as wonderful as we would like others to believe we are. I think the most evil have successfully divided the rest of us by that same "superior to somebody" mentality. Blacks/Whites Blacks/ Blacks Rich/poor/middle class Whites/Whites, men/'women, big crook/little crook, and on and on the divisions go...nation against nation...kingdom against kingdom!!!

I see your point, my point is I go to work everyday, not for the family down the street, but for my family and my family alone. I see where both parties try to divide us, I have seen Obama lie time and time again and throw scare tactics out while accusing the repubs of the same thing. I have seen the repubs use scare tactics and Lie. I do not trust any of them.

But I do know bull when i see it, and since the repubs do not have any power right now I am very very critical of Obama.

Look I donate to charities and done my part in the communites that I have been apart of. i spent Time doing at habitat for humanity I worked for about 20 projects but after seeing these people being critical of everything we did while sitting there drinking a beer, while their children sat in the yard playing gameboys and such I gave all that up, it was a joke and people abusing the system. the last one i turned down was somebody wanted us to build them a shed, I asked were they going to live in it? nope they needed it for their tools. dammit man I did not have a shed at the time.

So if it is evil to care and work for your family, then I am pure evil and could care less about these "unfortunate people" ....that have plenty of opportunity but fail to get off their ass. call that superiorty or common sense. I just do not see how making it easier for people helps them in any way, in my experience it makes people lazy and hold out their hands for what they expect....ie Haiti.....hell most of Africa......all big cities in the USA, Mexico....

Its not that rich against poor attitude, it is more like get off your ass and work for something earn respect and pride. Sorry I do not feel anything for anybody from this country had all the opportunity but pissed it all away. hell i pay taxes for, welfare, government housing now health care, next is their fricking power usage ie cap and trade............that is all bullshit and in my experience makes each generation that lives like this more and more useless,

Woodjack, believe me, I am very much against this healthcare bill and I DON'T trust Obama any more than I trust Karl Rove, George Bush or Dick Cheney(ESPECIALLY Dick!!)

Our Health Care System is a reflection of what is wrong with humanity in general. There is something with "profit making" on human misery and suffering that makes my skin crawl and the "acceptance of it" scares the hell out of me! Then there are the lawyers who blatantly advertise for you to sue anybody and everybody so they can profit as well. Again, the acceptance of it scares the Hell out of me. Then there are the insurance companies (I see them nearly on the same level as the mob who collected "protection money" in the early 20th century) Then there are the pharmaceutical companies. Then there are the people with insurance just because they were lucky enough to land a job that still pays a good portion of it and then those on welfare!! They run to the doctor or ER with a wart on their behind and then to the psychologists to be consoled for their perpetual "victim" status. See I am running very high on self righteous at this point! I merely meant to point out that there are some people who work very hard and never get ahead that will lose their humble abodes if they are forced to buy healthcare.

I merely meant to point out that there are some people who work very hard and never get ahead that will lose their humble abodes if they are forced to buy healthcare.
How much does the government monkey on the backs of those hard workers contribute to them never getting ahead?

What part of THERE IS NO FREE LUNCH don't you understand, beowolfe?

Dayam....for a second there, I thought you actually understood the issues before us.

Nevermind. :eusa_doh:

Jenny, dawlin........we have successful non-profit organizations all over this great nation of ours. You do realize that, don't you? The only difference between a non-profit enterprise and a for-profit enterprise is that a non-profit doesn't have to generate income for an owner or a shareholder. There is no 'free lunch' with non-profits, it just doesn't cost as much as it would with a for-profit.

Something tells me you thought all non-profits were charities, didn't you?

Your beloved non-profit example is an EPIC FAIL.

They're not run by the US FedGov, who fucks up everything they touch.

They're run by folks who specialize in non-profit industry.

YOu do realize there's a MASSIVE difference, and you also realize that those currently running the non-profits you reference profit with HANDSOME, HUGE salaries drawn at the expense of those they claim to help.

Funny, I don't think they're gonna be paid like that by Unca Sam. And they're probably not gonna be interested in the job once the salary is what a private industry clerk makes. :lol:

Same with doctors too. Woo hoo.....yippee

Exactly why my Dad is shifting his business out of Ca.... and likely to add a few to the unemployment lines.

I don't think this is why your dad is moving his business because these type of premium increases were coming with or w/o the bill.

No, he's been planning the move for a while. California is hell on earth for businesses. So he's finally caving and moving it. He's delayed as long as possible because he doesn't want to pull out without ensuring that the employees that he'll have to let go have secured other jobs. That's because he is a decent human being.... and a conservative! Imagine that.

but you just said he will leave them unemployed

but you just said he will leave them unemployed

2010 is 'just'? You are the most asinine poster on this board.

Forum List

Back