California Voters Reject Ballot Measures to Lower Taxes

Californians passed up two chances to lower taxes, voting to keep higher gasoline taxes and reject a proposed tax break for older homeowners in moves that experts said could highlight a greater tolerance for taxes even as many state residents bemoan the high cost of living.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-voters-reject-ballot-measures-to-lower-taxes

giphy.gif

What do you have against voting, democracy and the will of the people?

The people of California are like my state. We know nothing is free and we don't get all the tax dollars we send to DC. We know that we have to make up for the red states who take our tax dollars so we pay higher taxes here in our states. We also know that all our state tax dollars stay in our states. It's not shipped off to red states who don't properly tax their people and leach off those of us who do. We benefit from those taxes.

The people of California were given the choice to speak. They spoke. They want to continue to properly fund their state.

You may think that taxes are evil and theft but those of us who know better don't want to live in a third world nation garbage hole.

Californians passed up two chances to lower taxes, voting to keep higher gasoline taxes and reject a proposed tax break for older homeowners in moves that experts said could highlight a greater tolerance for taxes even as many state residents bemoan the high cost of living.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...-voters-reject-ballot-measures-to-lower-taxes

giphy.gif

The people of California are like my state. We know nothing is free and we don't get all the tax dollars we send to DC. We know that we have to make up for the red states who take our tax dollars so we pay higher taxes here in our states. We also know that all our state tax dollars stay in our states. It's not shipped off to red states who don't properly tax their people and leach off those of us who do. We benefit from those taxes.

The people of California were given the choice to speak. They spoke. They want to continue to properly fund their state.

You may think that taxes are evil and theft but those of us who know better don't want to live in a third world nation garbage hole.
We know that we have to make up for the red states who take our tax dollars so we pay higher taxes here in our states.
thats not why you pay higher taxes....

Why vote to lower taxes and reduce funding for all that free shit you get from the government?

An Illegal or Negro would be stupid to do that, wouldn't they?

they waste $$$$ on CRAP.......
....these federal/etc JACKASSES should go to JAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--they spend hundreds of thousands of $$$$ for a conference including thousands on DRUMSTICKS so the employees can ''play along with the music''!!!!!!!
OUR $$$$---fkn bastards!! if they burned alive I would be happy
https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-112shrg76067/pdf/CHRG-112shrg76067.pdf
stangle it now --NO NEW TAXES

giphy.gif

We know that we have to make up for the red states who take our tax dollars so we pay higher taxes here in our states.

giphy.gif

Couldn't agree with you more....if the people of California want to raise their own taxes....goody for them.....

Stay out of my pocket....

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Then why is welfare California fighting the census question?

giphy.gif

those people and whats happening are not why California has high taxes...

Technically they just voted not to cut taxes. They didn't vote to raise them.

The gas tax cut lost because of voter confusion: People who voted "no" thought they were voting against the previous gas tax increase.

That's because the crackheads and morons and illegal aliens who vote out here never pay real taxes anyway. And the people who do are leaving for Texas.

God I hate living here. I need to get out.

giphy.gif

It's one of the reasons why.

We also don't expect the federal government to pay all of our roads. We pay most of the cost for our roads. Thus we don't have a bunch of private owned toll roads or roads that are full of holes and falling apart.

We don't expect the federal government to provide everything that we need.

That's what red states believe. They don't properly tax their population and business thus they take much more from the federal government than us blue states. Their state budgets are mostly dependent on federal dollars than us blue states. Most red state education systems are far below what blue states have and have much fewer high school and college graduates.

The red states are at the top of all the very bad lists and at the bottom of the good lists.

My state recently voted a very large increase in our property and vehicle taxes to pay for light rail and more public transit. We also voted to increase our phone taxes to provide 9-11 services to the rural and eastern part of my state. They don't have the tax base to pay for it so us liberals raised our own taxes to build it and pay for it. We also voted to raise our electric taxes to build a new electrical grid to handle the power generated by our very large wind farms.

New taxes can't be imposed without a vote of the people in my state. So most off the taxes in my state are by the consent and will of the people. We want a 21st century state and economy.

Which has paid off my state has the number one economy in the nation. We have the highest state minimum wage, very good paying jobs that provide proper benefits and a much higher standard of living.

We don't have a state income tax.

giphy.gif

Couldn't agree with you more....if the people of California want to raise their own taxes....goody for them.....

They didn't raise their taxes.

What they did was refuse to lower their taxes.

The taxes in the state of California didn't change.

It was not presented as a tax issue so much as it was as a bad alternative----sure you can cut taxes.....if you want the front end of your car ripped off by potholes under bridges about to collapse on top of you.
Such a false choice here. Nice straw man....either raise taxes or bridges will collapse right on top of you.
/——/ Tell the politicians to stop squandering the money the already collect. Problem solved.
2019 Congressional Pig Book

giphy.gif

They didn't raise their taxes.

What they did was refuse to lower their taxes.

The taxes in the state of California didn't change.

California receives about 75 cents to every dollar they send to DC. They aren't in yours or anyone else's wallets.

It's red states that take as much as over 2 dollars for every 1 dollar they send to DC that are the ones with their hands in your wallet and all Californian's wallets.

Forum List

Back