California to maybe turn red!

I was born and raised in CA.

It's getting more and more liberal from my childhood days of 40 years ago.

If it does turn red, it won't be anytime soon. Besides, the presidential election is decided by the electoral college, which is decided by popularity in each state.

California's citizens, no matter how you divide them, are mostly Democrats.

It might change Congress a bit, but not presidential races.

San Diego is blue now, by the way.

and your absolutely right Fair....i have been here since 67 and it is getting very liberal especially in the bigger cities,of course SF leading the way,and since these are the population centers,they carry a lot of voting clout,there are RED areas, the central part,lots of the desert areas,but 90% of the coastal areas are as BLUE as the sky.....i live in Orange County,in the 70's,liberal Democrates in OC were far and few between.....now you run into more of them critters every day....but as far as California turning RED.......:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.....

I think people here don't seem to understand that what I mean is the state will turn Red, not necessarily its trend in national elections.

There's more than 50% socially conservative voters, but a lot are marginalized because Republican voters are highly concentrated in a few state assembly and senate districts and the rest are diluted through Democratic districts, to limit the number of Republicans that can win seats in California.

The Californians themselves have said by INITIATIVE that they are tired of this monopoly on the California legislature and have opened the ability of Republicans to redraw district lines more favorable to both parties.

This will mean that Republicans will gain legislature seats in California.

The politics of a state often influence how kids in that state will be "socialized" so if the Republicans regain some stature in California there will be a slow shift from blue to red.

Prop. 11 allows the Republicans to do just that.

Illegals can't vote.

Epic fail.

Actually they can, in a few documented elections recently as many as 80,000 illegal aliens voted illegally in southern California alone.

Arguably a few hundred thousand illegals in California are voting because of voter fraud.

Forum List

Back