California to be broke in 2 months...

Hello!!!!!!! It's not that hard of a solution!!!!

Just raise the tax rates for people making over $1 mill a year to 70%. Isn't that what Obama is pledging will save the country... If it's good for the country shouldn't it be good for California?

Official says Calif. could be broke in 2 months

Why not raise them to 100%? And, if they have been a millionaire for over five years, raise them to 105%.

If a little taxing is good, a lot is better right?

California is hardly the only state in trouble.

Why can't they borrow the money as they typically did to pay their bills?

Becuase the banks aren't lending money to the State of California?

Why not?

That's how business had always been conducted.

The liquidity crises is effectly governments and businesses which typically borrowed money on a regular basis.

It will effect us ALL sooner or later if Obama cannot reliquify our economic system fairly soon.

Just raise the tax rates for people making over $1 mill a year to 70%. Isn't that what Obama is pledging will save the country... If it's good for the country shouldn't it be good for California?

If Ahhnold wants to really help California he can start by announcing his resignation..

California is hardly the only state in trouble.

Why can't they borrow the money as they typically did to pay their bills?

Becuase the banks aren't lending money to the State of California?

Why not?

That's how business had always been conducted.

The liquidity crises is effectly governments and businesses which typically borrowed money on a regular basis.

It will effect us ALL sooner or later if Obama cannot reliquify our economic system fairly soon.

Probably cause they know Caleeeefornia is unlikely to pay it back. The entitlements bestowed upon the rather large population of illegals is plunging them into a projected 42B dollar deficit. Hell I wouldn't lend them any money either. That's just crazy.
s

Probably cause they know Caleeeefornia is unlikely to pay it back. The entitlements bestowed upon the rather large population of illegals is plunging them into a projected 42B dollar deficit. Hell I wouldn't lend them any money either. That's just crazy.
s

You are exactly right! That's what got us into this mess in the first place... Banks leding to people who couldn't pay them back!

of course I would. Now Califoreeeenia... don't think so,, the Democrats ran that state right into the shitter. just like they did Detroit.
Actually that is not exactly how it has gone down. Davis was battling a beast bigger than he could handle. Enron, Aids, the tech bubble that broke, the insurance companies and the banks, the natural disastors etc.....all played a part in the economic crisis California has been facing since 2002. Arnie did not take charge and put a stop to the excess spending early on that needed to be dealt with.

Actually that is not exactly how it has gone down. Davis was battling a beast bigger than he could handle. Enron, Aids, the tech bubble that broke, the insurance companies and the banks, the natural disastors etc.....all played a part in the economic crisis California has been facing since 2002. Arnie did not take charge and put a stop to the excess spending early on that needed to be dealt with.

I know, he broke every single one of his campaign promises, the major one being putting a stop to entitlements for illegals, but he is one man, the rest of the Ca. lwmakers by a vast majority are liberals.

I'd love proof of where Obama said such a thing.

Oh wait...it's hyperbole and has no relationship to the truth.

Nevermind.

Here's an idea....ENFORCE the laws. End illegal immgiration. Start doing sweeps of places that usually hire people under the table. If the people aren't american citizens DEPORT them. If they are american citizens, JAIL them.

I'm sure California loses more tax money than any other state due to employees working under the table.

Forum List

Back