California Tax and Spend Model No Longer Working

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
I'd say that's true for IL and other blue states too:

Instapundit » Blog Archive » WILLIAM VOEGELI: California’s Model Doesn’t Work. “Our high-benefit/high-tax model no longer works…

NOVEMBER 1, 2009
WILLIAM VOEGELI: California’s Model Doesn’t Work. “Our high-benefit/high-tax model no longer works, especially compared with low-tax states like Texas.”

Plus this: “Twenty years ago, you could go to Texas, where they had very low taxes, and you would see the difference between there and California. Today, you go to Texas, the roads are no worse, the public schools are not great but are better than or equal to ours, and their universities are good. The bargain between California’s government and the middle class is constantly being renegotiated to the disadvantage of the middle class.” There might be a lesson there, on the national level . . . .

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 8:11 pm
Links at site...

Of course KK and there are people on thi board that think that method will work for the entire country.The def of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Of course KK and there are people on thi board that think that method will work for the entire country.The def of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Why ... why the hell can't we learn from our mistakes?

Wait one fucking minute!

.... you mean they actually think it was working at first?

Yes, they actually did. The same illusion is being cast over the eyes of Americans right now, and Americans are falling for it. In a few years, we'll all be as bankrupt as California.

It's sad, the whole point of being intelligent is that we should be able to see examples like this and know that it's not a good thing, yet so many people ignore these examples or spin them ... or worse thinking that someone else can make it work. It is insanity as Chanel pointed out.

Wait one fucking minute!

.... you mean they actually think it was working at first?

The best I can understand is that it's just not "BIG" enough! When it gets big enough, it'll start working...

you ever see the California legislature in action Kitty....it will all be very clear....

you ever see the California legislature in action Kitty....it will all be very clear....

Which is actually the reason I hate the Cal immigrants to Seattle ... they are making the same mistakes here now. ;)

Thanks to those that 'get it.' I guess that is the problem with Chicago Way, seems ok to those that don't really look? Worked for Kennedy, Clinton too! Hell for that matter, Kerry.

Which is actually the reason I hate the Cal immigrants to Seattle ... they are making the same mistakes here now. ;)

I am one that thinks that California is going to flip. Meaning go conservative. I know it's kind of hard to believe--but we just saw California overwhelmingly vote down another tax increase.

And Hey--when you've got Nevada with no state income tax--showing the California state legislature as a group of "monkeys" & bidding for California's business's to come their way--"Why not."

In fact, by 2012 I think this entire country turns bright red.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back