California Senate Approves Reduced Penalties for Marijuana Possession

your a moron if you don't understand, education is a good thing:clap2:
it makes zero sense
why dont you at least make an attempt to educate if you actually think that made a lick of sense

The basic idea behind the whole racist card is that weed was originally banned eons ago because it was mostly black people who enjoyed it.

I'm not sure if that's right or not but even if that was true, it's not racism that keeps weed prohibition around.

It's got nothing to do with race. The general public is in a "law and order, hang 'em high" phase - has been ever since the start of the 1980's. As such, politicians know that if they appear soft on crime, their asses will be out on the bricks. THAT's why anti-marijuana laws stay on the books. Good old self-interest by our hypocritical politicians.

I got me a real eudumacation, thanks. Got me one of those de-gree things and all that. [...]
You earned a college degree and yet you subscribe to and propagate drug war ideology? Too bad you've not learned to exercise pure reason.

While the use of some so-called recreational substances should be proscribed because they are manifestly harmful and offer no beneficial effect, others should be legally available for use by adults. And marijuana tops that list.

say's the white guy, if the shoe was on the other foot and black & hispanics got a pass on mj possession the outrage would be swift.

[...]More specifically, why is it that Republicans seem to be overwhelmingly against more lenient penalties. Why is that? Couldn't have anything to do with that "mean spirited" tag that folks have been hanging on Republicans for lo these many decades, now could it?
It's that (authoritarian expression) plus the fact that prison construction and operation is the only remaining non-military growth industry in America.

Sounds like an exaggeration but it isn't. It's true. And what it says in the final analysis is our population is beginning to feed on itself.

your boy got it right, read facts are a good thing.
Minorities are jailed exponentially more than whites for possession. I'm sure you wingnuts like that fact.
The wave is coming, stand in the way and get run over.
that's the application of the law, not the law itself

say's the white guy, if the shoe was on the other foot and black & hispanics got a pass on mj possession the outrage would be swift.
again, that is the application of the law not being applied equally
the law doesnt make things worse for anyone because of race

I wouldn't expect a tool like you to comprehend the depth of this.
stay in the kiddie pool divetool

Cali will pass prop 19 (it's polling 60 to 40 against the facist).
And many states will follow

woe to the downpressor's

Forum List

Back