California reparations taskforce increases amount it is demanding to $800BN from $640BN - and says it is only a 'down-payment'

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
..... with even more money needed in future

California reparations taskforce increases demands to $800BN

Black Californians are owed $800 billion for reparations due to generations of over-policing, disproportionate incarceration and housing discrimination, according to economists who are working with the state panel considering the payments.

A previous model, announced earlier this month, estimated that $640 billion would be due in payments to black residents in the Golden State.

In their report, the consultants suggest the state task force 'err on the side of generosity' and consider a down-payment with more money to come as more evidence becomes available.
'It should be communicated to the public that the substantial initial down-payment is the beginning of a conversation about historical injustices, not the end of it,' they said.

The new estimate is more than 2.5 times California’s $300 billion annual budget, and does not include a recommended $1 million per older Black resident for health disparities that have shortened their average life span.

The riots will be something to see when this doesn't happen.....I hope the new generation of Roof Koreans are taking note. ;)

Last edited:

Black Californians are owed $800 billion for reparations due to generations of over-policing, disproportionate incarceration and housing discrimination, according to economists who are working with the state panel considering the payments.

A previous model, announced earlier this month, estimated that $640 billion would be due in payments to black residents in the Golden State.

In their report, the consultants suggest the state task force 'err on the side of generosity' and consider a down-payment with more money to come as more evidence becomes available.
'It should be communicated to the public that the substantial initial down-payment is the beginning of a conversation about historical injustices, not the end of it,' they said.

The new estimate is more than 2.5 times California’s $300 billion annual budget, and does not include a recommended $1 million per older Black resident for health disparities that have shortened their average life span.

The riots will be something to see when this doesn't happen.....I hope the new generation of Roof Koreans are taking note. ;)
I'll wait for this to actually pass before I start identifying as a black resident of California.
If SF passes the $5 mill extortion to each, I'll be moving into a PO box there soon.

The new demand has nothing to do with slavery. They want to be able to commit crimes without fear of arrest.

Anyone not working in privileged employment would be a fool to continue to be a sucker. We will never compete with China when all of the green magic shows up.

Forum List

Back