California prosecutes man for posting anti muslim messages on facebook

This man is being prosecuted for harassing the mosque - not for "VERBAL differences".

If someone called you every night, just to insult you - would that still be "free speech", in your mind?

Oh, OK, so when Christians are harassed online for being Christian, daily, constantly, then would that be free speech?

Hey guess what your forum is literally filled to the brim with? Yup. Constant daily harassment of people for being Christians.

Better watch that double-edged sword Mr. Moderator. I've seen and experienced daily harassment of Christians here at your site.

And, as the poster pointed out at the end of the last page, the prosecution was for COMMENTS the man made, not actions. Just like the COMMENTS made here daily and in harassing fashion of Christians just for being Christians. There are so many examples of that here at USMB that I'd need to work the search engines all day and night to provide but a tiny fraction of the whole of them.

Time for you and your pals running this joint to hire some attorneys and convene on the harassment of Christians here. Either that or get behind the opposition in the CA case supporting the man's right to free speech. Beware of unintended consequences.

Sounds like a prime opportunity to challenge the constitutionality of that law.
Welcome to do so. Sounds like the same law used to stop former spouses from harassing their ex-s........to stop electronic stalking. You not liking that?
Except that they are not former spouses, this is someone exercising the right of speech and the government just stepped in and quashed that right.

We'll see if this person has the courage of their convictions or not if it is challenged.

Some on here miss the entire point.........

1st just because something is law doesn't make it right nor fair. ( Obama the asshole made up his own laws and rules).
2nd. If someone says they hate Muslims and or their ways they should have that right to say it in America " WE USE TO NOT GET PROSECUTE) remember jackasses.

If a Muslim wants to say they hate Christians in America they should have that right to say it.........................

But to be prosecute over VERBAL differences if GAWD DAM BULL SHIT!!!

This man is being prosecuted for harassing the mosque - not for "VERBAL differences".

If someone called you every night, just to insult you - would that still be "free speech", in your mind?
It wasn't just verbal differences which led to Mark Feigin being charged. When they charged him, they believed he was the individual who called a mosque and threatened to kill the Muslim answering his call.

It appears now he was not the caller, but that will have to be determined in a court of law. But that was the reason he was charged.

There's nothing wrong with the title of this thread.

You said that the gist of the title was/is inaccurate. So change it or put it in the conspiracy theory forum.

Here it is: http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/california-prosecutes-man-for-posting-anti-muslim-messages-on-facebook.649105/page-3

You said that was not an accurate statement. As I see the title, I understand the issue to be one of California prosecuting someone on Facebook for making anti-Muslim messages on Facebook. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Therefore I question why such anti-Christian comments on your own website as I posted link and example of on page 2 here, go unprosecuted. Your reply was essentially "that's not the point, you don't understand." You then implied that I was stupid and needed to read more. Yet all I need read for the argument here is the title to the thread you've allowed to remain unaltered.

The question is one of unfairness re: the 14th Amendment. If one can be prosecuted for making anti-Muslim statements, then absolutely one can be prosecuted for making anti-Christian statements. If I were you, given the plethora of those comments here at USMB, I'd be lobbying VERY HARD against this prosecution. Yet you appear to be lobbying FOR it? Yes?

:lol:

The bolded section of your post is by far the most explanatory.

You believe that because you've read the headline, you understand everything about what's going on.

The fact that you're so proud of your utter lack of critical thinking abilities is amazing to me.

Oh, OK, so when Christians are harassed online for being Christian, daily, constantly, then would that be free speech?

Hey guess what your forum is literally filled to the brim with? Yup. Constant daily harassment of people for being Christians.

Better watch that double-edged sword Mr. Moderator.

It totally goes right over the heads of lefties Sil. it's ok for them, but not for you. That simple.

See Christian haters aren't allowed to refuse cake baking service, but you see if a Muslim refused to bake a cake that would be just fine.
Hell there is even a video proving the HYPOCRITICAL FKS who want to shred Christians and their rights . But if any other religion refuses that same incident Oh by golly that's just fine to do.

Welcome to do so. Sounds like the same law used to stop former spouses from harassing their ex-s........to stop electronic stalking. You not liking that?
Except that they are not former spouses, this is someone exercising the right of speech and the government just stepped in and quashed that right.

We'll see if this person has the courage of their convictions or not if it is challenged.

Does someone have a right to stand on the sidewalk outside of your house and scream curses at you through your windows?

Does someone have a right to call you on the phone every night to insult you?

Does someone have a right to flood your email inbox with thousands of emails full of insults?

Whether this law (or application of it) will stand up still remains to be seen. But there's no point in pretending to discuss it when you don't even know what it means.
Then you shouldn't discuss it if you can't understand that derogatory comments towards Muslims are the same as derogatory comments about Christians, according to the spirit of the 14th Amendment.

This action is full on unconstitutional bullshit, and also an attempt at suppression of The People's 1st Amendment protections to free speech. The prosecutors should be sued for that constitutional violation. They cannot prove their actions weren't arbitrary either. Ouch. I'd hate to have to try to defend them in court.

I'm largely in agreement with this particular application of law being unconstitutional. There is no way that this stands.

Free speech means defending speech you disagree with along with what you agree with. And as loathsome as this man's speech is, its protected.

Does someone have a right to stand on the sidewalk outside of your house and scream curses at you through your windows?

Does someone have a right to flood your email inbox with thousands of emails full of insults?
California Prosecutes Man For Posting Anti-Muslim Messages On Facebook

Note what we are discussing here and the venue.

Bye.

Better watch that double-edged sword Mr. Moderator. I've seen and experienced daily harassment of Christians here at your site.

And, as the poster pointed out at the end of the last page, the prosecution was for COMMENTS the man made, not actions. Just like the COMMENTS made here daily and in harassing fashion of Christians just for being Christians. There are so many examples of that here at USMB that I'd need to work the search engines all day and night to provide but a tiny fraction of the whole of them.

Time for you and your pals running this joint to hire some attorneys and convene on the harassment of Christians here. Either that or get behind the opposition in the CA case supporting the man's right to free speech. Beware of unintended consequences.

Isn't this basically what you are trying to get across

HIDDEN CAMERA: Muslim Bakeries Turn Down Gay Wedding Cake

Why can they turn it away but Christians can't.

cause they are mother ..............n HYPOCRITES laws included

You still don't get it, do you?

This is a political message board. We exist solely to provide a platform for people to voluntarily argue with each other.

When people voluntarily participate in discussions, they are not being "harassed" when other people disagree with them.

OMG, are you SERIOUS???? Your website tolerates unending persecution and insults and ad hominems and slurs and vitriol and harassment of Christians. Constantly. Your website has a proven history of not just allowing this, but encouraging it by refusing to remove posts when people complained about it.

That is one and the same as providing a "sidewalk" from which mass bullies can scream through these windows at Christians here. Does someone have the right to follow a poster from thread to thread demeaning them and insulting their very existence because of a religion they happen to follow? Regardless of whether or not this is a political message board, it's a public forum for sharing of ideas, political or not, just like Facebook. You're saying the right to free speech only applies in a political context? Where does it say that in the Constitution?

Huh? Well???

California Prosecutes Man For Posting Anti-Muslim Messages On Facebook

Note what we are discussing here and the venue.

Bye.

Did it fly over your head, or are you just being intentionally obtuse?

OMG, are you SERIOUS???? Your website tolerates unending persecution and insults and ad hominems and slurs and vitriol and harassment of Christians. Constantly. Your website has a proven history of not just allowing this, but encouraging it by refusing to remove posts when people complained about it.

That is one and the same as providing a "sidewalk" from which mass bullies can scream through these windows at Christians here. Does someone have the right to follow a poster from thread to thread demeaning them and insulting their very existence because of a religion they happen to follow?

Huh? Well???

Membership on this political message board is voluntary. No one is forcing you to post here.

By engaging in discussion here, you are accepting that others may disagree with you.

Membership on Facebook is also voluntary. Yet it's a forum for the public to use. Get ready. If I were you I'd be working on backing the defense in this case.

Like them or not CHRISTIANS are being attacked all over the world.

Irish Bakery Refuses to Make Gay Cake - Could Face Legal Action

Boy, this sounds a lot like what one of the resident Trumptards around here might say!

THIS IS AMERICA RETARDS WE WERE FREE TO SAY WE HATED WHO EVER, OR WHATEVER.....
CALIFORNIA YOU ANTIFA FKS ARE GETTING JUST WHAT YOU DESERVE STAY THERE FOREVER!

I'd suggest they exercise caution, but the difference is, no one here is specifically targeting Islamic Centers, churches or anything else.

Infowars? :laugh:

alex-jones-hotdog.jpg

Membership on Facebook is also voluntary. Yet it's a forum for the public to use. Get ready. If I were you I'd be working on backing the defense in this case.

Of course membership on facebook is voluntary. But the explicit purpose of facebook isn't to argue about politics.

Having a phone is voluntary too - but that doesn't make telephone harassment a protected right.

Bakery owner: Government is forcing me to violate religious freedom

KEY WORD OF IT ALL ' VIOLATES RELIGIOUS FREEDOM" , .......... it is called FORCED we don't give a fk if you like CHRISTIANS or not soon your dumbasses will be next , nobody should be forced to make a gawd dam cake if they do not believe in it.

THESE POS MOTHER FKRS ARE DOING IT FOR A POLITICAL STATEMENT NOT BECAUSE OF A GAWD DAM CAKE.
=============================

AND NO this isn't about the Muslim post, but it is along the same lines of being " FORCED to do bs" and it is about being PROSECUTED FOR SAYING SOMETHING, some snowflake little bitch didn't like.

That is one and the same as providing a "sidewalk" from which mass bullies can scream through these windows at Christians here. Does someone have the right to follow a poster from thread to thread demeaning them and insulting their very existence because of a religion they happen to follow? Regardless of whether or not this is a political message board, it's a public forum for sharing of ideas, political or not, just like Facebook. You're saying the right to free speech only applies in a political context? Where does it say that in the Constitution?

Huh? Well???
Who's forcing you to come here and be subjected to such hate?

Forum List

Back