California Propositions

Though I live out of state my wife and I still own a home in California so I care about this stuff.

California Ballot Initiatives.

California 2012 ballot propositions - Ballotpedia

3 Tax Increases. No.

2 Year Budget Cycle? Should be Quarterly. Corporations pay taxes quarterly right? States should make budgets quarterly too.

End the Death Penalty. Yes.
Repeal 3 Strikes Law. Yes.
Labeling Genetically Engineered Food. Yes.

The ban on corporate donations (if it passes) will be struck down on appeal thanks to the Citizens United case.

Proposition 30 - Jerry Brown's Tax Increase

NO!

Proposition 31 - Two-Year Budget Cycle

LIKELY NO

Proposition 32 - Ban on corporate and union contributions to state and local candidates

YES!!!!!

Proposition 33 - Car insurance rates can be based on a person's history of insurance coverage ("persistency discounts")

YES

Proposition 34 - End the Death Penalty

NO!

Proposition 35 - Prohibition on Human Trafficking and Sex Slavery

YES!

Proposition 36 - Repeal of the "Three Strikes" Law

UNDECIDED

Proposition 37 - Mandatory Labeling of Genetically Engineered Food

UNDECIDED

Proposition 38 - Molly Munger's State Income Tax Increase

NO!

Proposition 39 - Income Tax Increase for Multistate Businesses

NO

Proposition 40 - Referendum on the State Senate Redistricting Plan

YES (This is one of those tricky initatives where yes and no can be confusing. A "yes" confirms the redistricting... the Republican leadership were stupid for qualifying this, and have since pulled out of pushing this)

Though I live out of state my wife and I still own a home in California so I care about this stuff.

California Ballot Initiatives.

California 2012 ballot propositions - Ballotpedia

3 Tax Increases. No.

2 Year Budget Cycle? Should be Quarterly. Corporations pay taxes quarterly right? States should make budgets quarterly too.

End the Death Penalty. Yes.
Repeal 3 Strikes Law. Yes.
Labeling Genetically Engineered Food. Yes.

The ban on corporate donations (if it passes) will be struck down on appeal thanks to the Citizens United case.

I lived in the Sunshine 72 degrees for 40 years.

I agree with most of your vote.

But I would not be for ending the death penalty.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPBaQlr8dhw]2012 California proposition prop 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back