California Proposition Recommendations For TODAY!

Reasoning

Apr 15, 2010
If you live in CA and will be voting today please post your thoughts and your own recommendations.

STATE PROPOSITIONS

* Proposition 13 YES
(Limits on property tax assessment; seismic retrofitting of existing buildings)

* Proposition 14 NO
(Only "Top Two" in runoff in partisan elections -- effectively bans third parties)

* Proposition 15 NO
* (California Fair Elections Act -- Public Financing of Campaigns)

* Proposition 16 YES
(Imposes new two-thirds voter approval requirements for establishing local public electricity providers)

* Proposition 17 YES
(Allows auto insurance companies to consider driver's history of coverage)

LOCAL PROPOSITIONS (SAN DIEGO)

* Proposition A NO POSITION
(East Otay Mesa recycling collection center and landfill ordinance)

* Proposition B YES
(Term limits for San Diego County Supervisors)

* Proposition C NO
(City of San Diego adds veteran's preference points in hiring)

* Proposition D YES
(City of San Diego Charter revision relating to strong mayor form of governance)

* Proposition G YES
(City of Chula Vista Fair and Open Competition Ordinance)

* Proposition H NO
(ADVISORY: Coronado seek $500K study funding for tunnel boondoggle?)

* Proposition J NO
(City of Del Mar Transient Occupancy Tax on short-term rental properties)

* Proposition K YES
(City of Oceanside adoption of City Charter)

* Proposition L NO
(City of Solana Beach business tax)

STATE PROPOSITIONS

* Proposition 13 YES
(Limits on property tax assessment; seismic retrofitting of existing buildings)

* Proposition 14 NO
(Only "Top Two" in runoff in partisan elections -- effectively bans third parties)

* Proposition 15 NO
* (California Fair Elections Act -- Public Financing of Campaigns)

* Proposition 16 YES
(Imposes new two-thirds voter approval requirements for establishing local public electricity providers)

* Proposition 17 YES
(Allows auto insurance companies to consider driver's history of coverage)

13 - Yes
14 - No
15 - No
16 - Yes
17 - Yes

I voted earlier this afternoon in my mostly Democratic Precinct. The turn-out so far today is virtually non-existent. Not a good sign for the Dems.

Voted No across the board.

You want to increase people's property taxes if they retrofit their buildings to make them safer? Reinforced masonry buildings are already exempt from reassessment - but less safe buildings are reassessed. So you are all for punishing people for making the least safe buildings better able to stand up in an earthquake.

Sick.

You want to increase people's property taxes if they retrofit their buildings to make them safer? Reinforced masonry buildings are already exempt from reassessment - but less safe buildings are reassessed. So you are all for punishing people for making the least safe buildings better able to stand up in an earthquake.

Sick.

californicators are all about taxing the crap outta everybody for anything they can think of.

Sick.

No, I don't trust ANY propositions written. They most often end up doing exactly the opposite than what they lead us to believe. Deny the truth of that.

Then you are an idiot. It's just as stupid to vote yes on everything as it is to vote no. The language of this year's Prop 13 is quite clear. There wasn't even enough opposition to it to provide an argument against it in the voter information guide.

Sick.

californicators are all about taxing the crap outta everybody for anything they can think of.

And when they dig a hole deep enough that they cannot get out of...as they have now...they'll demand the other 49 States bail them out.

Then you are an idiot. It's just as stupid to vote yes on everything as it is to vote no. The language of this year's Prop 13 is quite clear. There wasn't even enough opposition to it to provide an argument against it in the voter information guide.

You obviously have more faith in paid Proposition writers than I do. I voted NO on everything...as I always do.

Forum List

Back