California Proposition 19 (Legal Marijuana) Holding Fast:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
A majority of Californians continue to voice their support for Prop. 19 — which would eliminate penalties for the private possession and use of marijuana by adults, and allow local governments to regulate retail cannabis production and sales.

According to the most recent Survey USA poll (conducted August 9-11), 50 percent of likely voters in California say they are certain to vote ‘yes’ on Proposition 19 versus 40 percent who say that they will vote ‘no.’ These totals are the same as reported by Survey USA one month ago, and indicate that voters’ support is holding steady despite increased attacks and propaganda from our opponents. (NORML Outreach Coordinator Russ Belville has just posted an excellent rebuttal to many of our opponents’ more outrageous claims here.)

https://uwc.webmail.optimum.net/en/mail.html?lang=en&laurel=on&cal=0

Toppy I have already desided to move back.

A couple of months from now I will be back HOME

I'm coming with nothing but retiree income.
I'm thinking Santa Cruz, My wife is thinking Napa.
So we'll be moving to NAPA, doing a house hunting trip in a few months.

i wouldn't live in napa proper ... several of the towns north of napa are better....

That's a good place for all you potheads. Just get high and forget your state is fucking bankrupt.

Good luck, even in a depressed real estate market Napa homes go for the high six figures - want a 1/4 acre or more, think seven figures.
Santa Cruz is a commuter town, many residents now commute to silicon valley. Prices are high their too.

Last edited:
That's a good place for all you potheads. Just get high and forget your state is fucking bankrupt.

Not everyone in California is a pothead, much like not everyone in Texas is dumb, arrogant and right wing. Of course California has many dopers and Texas many dopes.

You have that almost right - not everyone in Texas is dumb, arrogant and right wing, but everyone who is dumb, arrogant and right wing is from Texas. ;)

If marijuana is made legal and is taxed the State of California won't be bankrupt much longer.

By the way, referring to everyone who enjoys the rather pleasant effect of marijuana as a "pothead" is comparable to calling everyone who enjoys a few beers now and then a drunk. It's a stupid misnomer. The Cheech and Chong stereotype are exceptions and by no means the rule. I think you would be surprised at how many well educated, highly respected professional persons prefer marijuana to booze.

If marijuana is made legal and is taxed the State of California won't be bankrupt much longer.

By the way, referring to everyone who enjoys the rather pleasant effect of marijuana as a "pothead" is comparable to calling everyone who enjoys a few beers now and then a drunk. It's a stupid misnomer. The Cheech and Chong stereotype are exceptions and by no means the rule. I think you would be surprised at how many well educated, highly respected professional persons prefer marijuana to booze.

You see it that way. But then, you are not a judgmental, intolerant person who pontificates on Internet message boards about the personal habits of others which are none of his/her God damn business.

Last edited:

Not everyone in California is a pothead, much like not everyone in Texas is dumb, arrogant and right wing. Of course California has many dopers and Texas many dopes.

You have that almost right - not everyone in Texas is dumb, arrogant and right wing, but everyone who is dumb, arrogant and right wing is from Texas. ;)

No, PubliusiInfinitum is from Florida IIRC.

That would have to be a pretty hefty tax for it to get CA out of their bankruptcy. Either that, or there are enough tax-paying, law-abiding pothead stoners out there to off-set the ruinous fiscal policy and entitlements the CA government has enacted which have run the government into the ground.

they would collect about a billion a year, fix them right off? NO What state couldn't use a cool billion each year and less access for kids and less violence. It's by far, the most significant vote in 50yrs economically and socially. the racist hate this, they still believe in the 1930's brown and black men will rape white woman if you let them toke.

Forum List

Back